Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

McCain takes 5 point lead over Obama--a 12 point swing from last month

http://news.aol.com/elections/articl...r-obama/141577

McCain Takes Lead Over Obama
    Reuters
    posted: 51 MINUTES AGO

WASHINGTON (Aug. 20) - In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential race and is seen as a stronger manager of the economy, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.
    McCain leads Obama among likely U.S. voters by 46 percent to 41 percent, wiping out Obama's solid 7-point advantage in July and taking his first lead in the monthly Reuters/Zogby poll.

The reversal follows a month of attacks by McCain, who has questioned Obama's experience, criticized his opposition to most new offshore oil drilling and mocked his overseas trip.
    The poll was taken Thursday through Saturday as Obama wrapped up a weeklong vacation in Hawaii that ceded the political spotlight to McCain, who seized on Russia's invasion of Georgia to emphasize his foreign policy views.
    "There is no doubt the campaign to discredit Obama is paying off for McCain right now," pollster John Zogby said. "This is a significant ebb for Obama."
    McCain now has a 9-point edge, 49 percent to 40 percent, over Obama on the critical question of who would be the best manager of the economy -- an issue nearly half of voters said was their top concern in the November 4 presidential election.
    That margin reversed Obama's 4-point edge last month on the economy over McCain, an Arizona senator and former Vietnam prisoner of war who has admitted a lack of economic expertise and shows far greater interest in foreign and military policy.
    McCain has been on the offensive against Obama during the last month over energy concerns, with polls showing strong majorities supporting his call for an expansion of offshore oil drilling as gasoline prices hover near $4 a gallon.
    Obama had opposed new offshore drilling, but said recently he would support a limited expansion as part of a comprehensive energy program.
    That was one of several recent policy shifts for Obama, as he positions himself for the general election battle. But Zogby said the changes could be taking a toll on Obama's support, particularly among Democrats and self-described liberals.
    Not sure how in the hell that happened. The article has several theories which I guess make sense.

vCash
    Must have been the fear mongering...

vCash
    I think it is going to be like this, back and forth, until close to Election Day.

vCash
    gallup says theyre amazingly close. they give the advantage to obama though. gallup has been known to have a conservative affiliation but their statistical methods are stunningly accurate.

vCash
    Polls are stupid.. I am not sure why people haven't realized that yet.

Has anyone in here been asked their opinion for these polls? No. So there ya go.. it's inaccurate. Only way to know who would win would be to ask everyone.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    WTF?

I guess we are looking at 4 more years of hell....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    Polls are stupid.. I am not sure why people haven't realized that yet.

Has anyone in here been asked their opinion for these polls? No. So there ya go.. it's inaccurate. Only way to know who would win would be to ask everyone.
    Polls are not stupid, they are useful tools. They are a good indication of where the race stands. This poll is just one poll though, so I wouldn't read all that much into it, but when taken in accordance with all the other polls I think it is clear that McCain is closing the gap.

I talked about all the polls that came out here...
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...=250774&page=2
    post 24

vCash
    He is running the typical Republican race. Fear mongering and hate. The guy has done nothing but criticize Obama for two months. The spin Fox News can put an any story is amazing. McCain goes to his million home in Arizona to rest, Barack goes to see his family in Hawaii and Barack is the bad guy. I still can't beleive Cokie Roberts made a deal out of this.

You criticize because he goes to see the troops. Then you pass around an email from a soldier from my church saying he didn't talk to any troops.

They pass around an email of some Austian prison saying it's the Cook County, Illinois jail. Idiots believe it without checking it out.

I respect Obama because he has run a no mudsling campaign.

vCash
    You know the Republicans...just tell a bunch of narrow minded people that Obama is a terrorist or he wants higher gas prices, and voila, you get votes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearAD View Post
    He is running the typical Republican race. Fear mongering and hate. The guy has done nothing but criticize Obama for two months. The spin Fox News can put an any story is amazing. McCain goes to his million home in Arizona to rest, Barack goes to see his family in Hawaii and Barack is the bad guy. I still can't beleive Cokie Roberts made a deal out of this.

You criticize because he goes to see the troops. Then you pass around an email from a soldier from my church saying he didn't talk to any troops.

They pass around an email of some Austian prison saying it's the Cook County, Illinois jail. Idiots believe it without checking it out.

You know, IMO, the sooner you guys (Democrats/Liberals) learn to get over and stop complaining about the how the big bad republicans run their campaigning, the better off you'd be. As a republican, I think it's funny how much you all complain because at the end of the day it doesn't accomplish anything but add to the preception that you are whinners and are "weak".

I mean come up with a real strategy other than the republicans don't play fair.

vCash

Of course. I mean, how else could Republicans actually compete? Mudslinging is how they compete, because everything else about their whole campaign, policies, and ideas won't win them the election.

vCash
    No ****, what is the Republican party going to be proud of? They've ****ed the country up royally. We're in the midst of a completely useless and poorly thought out war, the economy sucks, the perception of our nation sucks, gas prices are through the roof, food prices are through the roof, but, in the end, it's all that Barack HUSSEIN Obama's fault.

vCash
    Dreak Barack Obama,
    Pllease choose Hillery Clinton as you're VP running mate to insure that you get elected. ray:
    Thank You
    Raider_Vet

vCash
    McCain will be just like Bush

vCash

Typical liberal thinking: it's everyone else's fault but your own.

How about actually standing FOR something instead of just being AGAINST everthing Bush has done. How about talking on your speeches about specifics of what you will do isntead of implying to all of us that you are the chosen Messiah? It would also be nice if you mixed in a reference or two from your past political career where you actually accomplished something meaningful as an elected official (and sorry, but "I opposed this war since the beginning" doesn't count).
    Last edited by Tragic Johnson; 08-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast