Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Why do we only vote Democartic or Republican?

There are so many more parties out there with so much more potential for a better president. I hate Barrack Obama, and I hate John McCain and I feel like we're screwed. Why are American's looking at the 2 poster boys and no one else? Do we really believe that these two clowns are the best choices to lead us? Ew.

vCash
    Did you seriously just put "ew" at the end of your post? Are you a middle school girl? I'm female, and I don't say "ew."

We have a two party system because of money. A lot of people have a lot of money invested in this. Sure, it would be better to have a more legitimate multiple party system, but it is also a bit inherent that we have people who are on the left and people on the right. Two real choices are a lot easier than three ... or four ... etc ...

We look at issues in black and white, yes and no, right and wrong. Most people don't pay attention and they just want easy answers.

But, to be fair, you do have multiple candidates to choose from. The primary process produces a lot of valid (and some invalid) candidates. You really only end up with the two party system for a matter of months. You can look at it that way, it's not entirely false.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Some people believe that Obama can lead this nation and be successful.
    Some people believe that McCain can lead this nation and be successful.
    Some people don't like either of them, and will look at other candidates.
    Some people don't like either of them, and will not vote for President.

Do and vote how you want to, not by who America is favoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Did you seriously just put "ew" at the end of your post? Are you a middle school girl? I'm female, and I don't say "ew."

We have a two party system because of money. A lot of people have a lot of money invested in this. Sure, it would be better to have a more legitimate multiple party system, but it is also a bit inherent that we have people who are on the left and people on the right. Two real choices are a lot easier than three ... or four ... etc ...

We look at issues in black and white, yes and no, right and wrong. Most people don't pay attention and they just want easy answers.

But, to be fair, you do have multiple candidates to choose from. The primary process produces a lot of valid (and some invalid) candidates. You really only end up with the two party system for a matter of months. You can look at it that way, it's not entirely false.
    I think the bolded segment sums it up nicely. There are many better candidates im sure but this is the system we have. I would like to have many 3-4 candidates every year (that have a legitimate shot to win) but it is tough to make it a majority candidate if you do that. I suppose that is why two is used. We have trouble getting 50% of the country with two candidates.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    People want to feel that there vote matters and as it stands, with the exception of some specific smaller scale (state level) positions, there are no viable (read: have a chance of winning) 3rd party candidates for president. I think the country would be better off with more parties but it would take quite the movement to get a 3rd party to be at an even playing field on a national level.

vCash
    basically what everyone else is saying... The two main parties have all the money, people are more secure voting for a party that has a chance, and it is very difficult to have a legitimate third party because of the minimum number of electorate votes a candidate must have to be president.

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

vCash
    haha in Canada we have multiple parties. The Liberals, Conservatives, New Democratic Party, Bloc Quebecois, and many others. Except no one votes for the Bloc because they're French Canadian, and no one gives a crap about the NDP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    I think it was onomatopoeic, as in 'uh' or 'heh'. Hes using it to pose the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaunnieboi View Post
    haha in Canada we have multiple parties. The Liberals, Conservatives, New Democratic Party, Bloc Quebecois, and many others. Except no one votes for the Bloc because they're French Canadian, and no one gives a crap about the NDP
    Same here. We have the Lib Dems, the Conseratives, and the centre party Labour. It seems to work fine, altho the Libdems, whilst having roughly a 3rd of the national voter, are evenly spread throughout, so they usually get the short end of the stick in the 1st-past-the-post voting system.
    Last edited by NotVeryOriginal; 08-19-2008 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    I think it was onomatopoeic, as in 'uh' or 'heh'. Hes using it to pose the question.
    Yea, I figured. T'was only a joke. That's why I continued my post, and smiled at the end.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    When the two parties that have a stranglehold on our political system why should they let a third forth or fifth party get involved??

Right now we have two parties with all the money and the CONTROL.......they have made it impossible for any other parties to even come close to competing.

Welcome to American politics............Coke or Pepsi or go home
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUGS1688 View Post
    There are so many more parties out there with so much more potential for a better president. I hate Barrack Obama, and I hate John McCain and I feel like we're screwed. Why are American's looking at the 2 poster boys and no one else? Do we really believe that these two clowns are the best choices to lead us? Ew.
    This is the exact attitude all those Ralph Nader supporters had in 2000 and 2004. All voting for a third party back then did was take away votes from Gore and Kerry. So if you want to vote for a third party candidate, feel free. Just know that its basically the equivalent of throwing your vote away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    This is the exact attitude all those Ralph Nader supporters had in 2000 and 2004. All voting for a third party back then did was take away votes from Gore and Kerry. So if you want to vote for a third party candidate, feel free. Just know that its basically the equivalent of throwing your vote away.
    This is the exact attitude that promotes, "Go extreme or gtfo our team"

Im sure people who vote thrid party are actually using their vote to vote for what they believe in, the vast majority of them are educated enough on politcs to search out parties that agree with their ideas, and theydeserve that vote more than the drones who vote out of fear mongering both anti-Obama and anit-McCain voters fall into this.

vCash
    Because of how close the last few races have been, it really makes it hard for people to "justify" voting for a 3rd party that they know can't win. In these close races a vote for the 3rd party is almost like a vote for the other guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Because of how close the last few races have been, it really makes it hard for people to "justify" voting for a 3rd party that they know can't win. In these close races a vote for the 3rd party is almost like a vote for the other guy.
    Voting against someone is fear voting, and is exactly the reason why the right to vote is idiotic at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior22 View Post
    What a dumb ****ing post. Throwing my vote away is giving into the Media and being like every other mindless idiot in the US and picking between the 2 most corrupted ****s in the race. I'm not saying I would DEFINITELY vote for a 3rd party candidate, because I would have to learn about plans for the future before I commit to anyone.

All I'm saying is, neither two of these Candidates really make me think this country has a bright future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast