Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Carl Peterson could join the Dolphins?

Its been reported on several Dolphins sites, so here it is...

Adam Schefter of NFL.com is reporting, maybe speculating is a better word, that former Kansas City Chief President Carl Peterson could reteam with his close friend and new Miami Dolphins owner Stephen M. Ross.

It’s also being reported on several local news sites as well. In fact, one of those points out that Peterson was at the Dolphins/Ravens game on Sunday, on the sideline, wearing a Dolphins pin on his lapel, and referring to the Phins as “we”. Not a good sign at all.

The Dolphins finally appear headed in the right direction but that apparently could be changing. Peterson was applauded when he finally turned his resignation into the Chiefs…not for the work he had done, but for actually leaving.

Here is what Adam Schefter had to say, and let me just say….I truly hope that King Carl comes nowhere near Miami.

The Kansas City Chiefs are throwing a grand going-away party for general manager Carl Peterson on Tuesday. Those who attempt to figure out where he will surface next need to look to the Stars.

The last owner of the USFL’s Baltimore/Philadelphia Stars franchise, for which Peterson was the president and GM, was Stephen M. Ross.
    The same Stephen M. Ross who’s about to become the Miami Dolphins’ new owner.

Since the time they worked together in Philadelphia, Ross and Peterson have remained close. Their relationship dates well over 20 years. Peterson led the Stars to a 48-13-1 record and was twice selected as the USFL Executive of the Year.

Some in the Chiefs’ organization have maintained all along that Ross would provide Peterson with his golden parachute out of Kansas City, with Peterson not the type of individual to simply walk away from the game.

Multiple league sources believe that one day, possibly sooner rather than later, Ross will hire Peterson to help run his Dolphins franchise. What makes this scenario so intriguing is the recent word that Bill Parcells has a clause in his contract that would allow him to walk away from Miami, with salary, if the franchise changed hands from Wayne Huizinga, as it’s about to do.

If Parcells goes, Peterson is the logical successor. Even if Parcells stays, Ross might want to bring aboard Peterson anyway, which could create a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

Parcells got away from the drama in Dallas. But he could face more in Miami.
    http://phinphanatic.com/2009/01/05/c...ay-it-aint-so/

I really don't believe this has to do with Parcells, IMO. I think Peterson could take a lower level management position under Parcells and we could have an even more amazing FO, although I severely doubt it. It is always good to have a safe plan if Parcells does leave too.

vCash
    I don't know Carl Peterson, i just know he's very hated by Chief fans, and this was the kind of crap i was afraid of when Wayne handed the keys over to Ross, if they **** up our FO we're going to be in a world of hurt in a few years after Bill leaves, i hope Bill can find sumone to replace him cuz i don't want Carl running the show.

vCash
    Carl Peterson is a horrible insurance policy...If Parcell leaves we need to go get Scott Polli or someone. Peterson been with the Cheifs for like 20 years and never made it to the Usper bowl...I will pass on Peterson

vCash
    Screw Carl Peterson. He is not a good GM and I want him to have nothing to do with our team. Look at the Chiefs right now, that team is his work. All you need to know.

vCash
    We really have no reason to bring him in. If Ross does this he is not off to a good start.

vCash
    Maybe we should all start a "No Carl Peterson campaign"

vCash
    If BP stays like yboord says, I would like him to be a lower level team. The Cheifs were in the playoffs for a while too
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    as long as he is not above Jefrf Ireland because he is one of the best GMs in the game and i want him to have a say with this team along with bill parcells first before peterson gets any say

The Future

vCash
    God Damn it, this is making me sick to my ****ing stomach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastPhan View Post
    Maybe we should all start a "No Carl Peterson campaign"
    Im with that

vCash
    Ross will force Parcells out for this dick by bringing him in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs&fins View Post
    Ross will force Parcells out for this dick by bringing him in.
    No he won't...

I wasn't satisfied. So when I saw incoming owner Stephen Ross immediately after speaking with Huizenga, I decided to ask Ross about the Parcells matter.

"My gut tells me he'll stay," Ross told me. "I certainly want him. And I understand what he wants. I think he deserves all the credit. Everyone is expecting and wanting him to come back. I don't think he could find a more welcome home."
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...asy-fee-1.html

vCash
    [QUOTE]Even if Parcells stays, Ross might want to bring aboard Peterson anyway, which could create a lot of cooks in the kitchen.[/QUOTE
    Parcells got away from the drama in Dallas. But he could face more in Miami.
    Parcells won't stay for this.

vCash
    Carl brought them in to sign the final contract agreement, as Tait was one of the last NFL first round hold outs who was unsigned before 1999 training camp. King Carl told Tait (a seriously devout Mormon from BYU) to SIT THE F*#K DOWN AND SHUT THE F*$K UP during the negotiations.
    Huizenga to Ross before anymore of this is talked about.

vCash
    Today, Joey Porter told him that Tuna assured him he wasn't going anywhere but back to his Jupiter home to work on his golf in between organizational meetings to continue the rebuilding process.
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...arl-and-t.html

I doubt Parcells would lie to a player, So I would assume he is being truthful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast