Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

Russia Threatens Poland With Nuclear Attack

A top Russian general said Friday that Poland's agreement to accept a U.S. missile interceptor base exposes the ex-communist nation to attack, possibly by nuclear weapons, the Interfax news agency reported.

"Poland, by deploying (the system) is exposing itself to a strike — 100 percent,
    " Nogovitsyn, the deputy chief of staff, was quoted as saying.

He added, in clear reference to the agreement, that Russia's military doctrine sanctions the use of nuclear weapons "against the allies of countries having nuclear weapons if they in some way help them." Nogovitsyn that would include elements of strategic deterrence systems, he said, according to Interfax.

Poland has all along been guided by fears of a newly resurgent Russia, an anxiety that has intensified with Russia's offensive in Georgia. In past days, Polish leaders said that fighting justified Poland's demands that it get additional security guarantees from Washington in exchange for allowing the anti-missile base on its soil.

"Simply the existence of this installation increases Poland's security," Polish President Lech Kaczynski said Friday.
    Bad times are coming...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080815/...issile_defense

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...ia-898637.html
    quoted General Anatoly Nogovitsyn as saying.

"It becomes a target for attack. Such targets are destroyed as a first priority."
    http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/w...w-Georgia.html
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-15-2008 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    haha. wouldnt you call the title a bit sensationalist?
    anyway i doubt the russians would do that even if they were at war with the united states. no one wants a war on their home front. it just destroys the infrastructure. the only place the nukes would be aimed at would be america.

vCash
    umm did you even read the articles?

a top general just said that they are authorizing using nukes to stop the agreement that poland signed yesterday...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    umm did you even read the articles?

a top general just said that they are authorizing using nukes to stop the agreement that poland signed yesterday...
    no but i just skimed over them. i think it's more bullying than anything. besides i dont think a missile defense system would stop missiles launched from eastern russia.

vCash
    i believe you can launch all sorts of missiles these days with different types of vehicles and ships. they can just as easily cripple our oil pipelines in alaska by transporting a couple of missiles (and they dont need to be nukes) east.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanian215 View Post
    no but i just skimed over them. i think it's more bullying than anything. besides i dont think a missile defense system would stop missiles launched from eastern russia.
    doesnt matter what YOU PERSONALLY think... it only matters that Russia doesnt like the idea of the US having missiles that close to them in poland

and just see what happens if russia bombs americans over there setting things up...

vCash
    doesnt matter what YOU PERSONALLY think... it only matters that Russia doesnt like the idea of the US having missiles that close to them in poland

and just see what happens if russia bombs americans over there setting things up...
    haha relax buddy. i didnt say that russia wasnt anxious over the system. im just saying the response is more posturing right now.

vCash
    of coarse...

after them just invading another country this past week im worried something will pop off and i will have to take my family and move to peru lol

vCash

kind of similar to the US not liking Russia having missiles in Cuba

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post

vCash
    Of course it is similar. But so what? We are talking about putting defensive missles in place to aid our allies, the Russians were putting offensive missles close enough to practically throw them at us.

When will the US bashing and Russia loving stop? Strange how all of the Euro nations that supposedly don't respect and like us are always more than willing to take our defensive weaponry.

Russia is rolling into Georgia to take it and keep it. The US rolled into Iraq to free it and leave it. If we were like Russia we would be putting $1.02/gallon gas in our tanks right now straight from the newest US state - Iraq. We are the only country in the world that goes to war without taking the lands that we conquer, yet we are the bad guys?

Russia has ill intents. Be as America-hating as you want but don't turn your backs on Russia. Even now it is hard not to just call them the USSR because that is definitely where they are heading. Also, as Doc has pointed out several times, they are fiestier now because they eliminated their debt. How did they eliminate their debt? They used their own natural resources. Drilled for oil and gas. Wish we could do that.

vCash
    haha how does Poland always get in the middle of everything? First Hitler invades them, now theyre on Russia's radar!

those poor Polish...............and their screen-door submarines!

(Disclaimer: I'm actually part Polish)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    Of course it is similar. But so what? We are talking about putting defensive missles in place to aid our allies, the Russians were putting offensive missles close enough to practically throw them at us.

When will the US bashing and Russia loving stop? Strange how all of the Euro nations that supposedly don't respect and like us are always more than willing to take our defensive weaponry.

Russia is rolling into Georgia to take it and keep it. The US rolled into Iraq to free it and leave it. If we were like Russia we would be putting $1.02/gallon gas in our tanks right now straight from the newest US state - Iraq. We are the only country in the world that goes to war without taking the lands that we conquer, yet we are the bad guys?

Russia has ill intents. Be as America-hating as you want but don't turn your backs on Russia. Even now it is hard not to just call them the USSR because that is definitely where they are heading. Also, as Doc has pointed out several times, they are fiestier now because they eliminated their debt. How did they eliminate their debt? They used their own natural resources. Drilled for oil and gas. Wish we could do that.
    no one is hating america. But is it so hard to understand that Russia or any country doesn't want US munitions staged right next door. Is this administration a credible and reliable source of diplomacy and military strategery, I mean strategy? didn't think so. this all goes back to the damage this administration has done to american credibility on a worldwide stage. no one trusts GW, nor should they. america will be fine, as soon as there is some turnover at the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post

Well said, exactly what I thought reading this. I dont think Russia ever stopped hating the US really. Also I dont think they have ever had plans of staying Russia. They are on their way to being the USSR again and im afriad we are going to get dragged into another conflict.
    Utah Jazz Sim GM
    2003: 28-54, 11th in the West
    2004: 33-49, 10th in the West
    2005: 35-47, 12th in the West
    2006: 45-37, 8th in the West, 1st Round loss
    2007: 57-25, 3rd in the West, 1st Round loss
    2008: 30-52, 12th in the West
    2009: 47-35, 6th in the West, WCF loss
    2010: 47-35, 7th in the West, WCF loss
    2011: 5-77, 14th in the West
    2012: 38-44, 10th in the West
    2013: 41-41, 8th in the West, 1st Round loss
    2014: 50-32, 2nd in the West, 2nd Round loss

vCash
    no one is hating america. But is it so hard to understand that Russia or any country doesn't want US munitions staged right next door. Is this administration a credible and reliable source of diplomacy and military strategery, I mean strategy? didn't think so. this all goes back to the damage this administration has done to american credibility on a worldwide stage. no one trusts GW, nor should they. america will be fine, as soon as there is some turnover at the top.
    He will be out in basically four months. Does Russia really think he can do that much damage to them in only four months?
    Utah Jazz Sim GM
    2003: 28-54, 11th in the West
    2004: 33-49, 10th in the West
    2005: 35-47, 12th in the West
    2006: 45-37, 8th in the West, 1st Round loss
    2007: 57-25, 3rd in the West, 1st Round loss
    2008: 30-52, 12th in the West
    2009: 47-35, 6th in the West, WCF loss
    2010: 47-35, 7th in the West, WCF loss
    2011: 5-77, 14th in the West
    2012: 38-44, 10th in the West
    2013: 41-41, 8th in the West, 1st Round loss