Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500

    People Obsessed with War Heroes

    Does the fact that the Vietcong captured John McCain for a few years make him anymore of a qualified candidate for President? You'd think an argument used by Republicans over and over again to defend McCain, that he's a war hero, would actually be relevant. But it isn't. The man is just like Bush in so many key ways. Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people out there that overlook this fact because of a few years of service time. Shame on all of you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkers View Post
    Does the fact that the Vietcong captured John McCain for a few years make him anymore of a qualified candidate for President? You'd think an argument used by Republicans over and over again to defend McCain, that he's a war hero, would actually be relevant. But it isn't. The man is just like Bush in so many key ways. Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people out there that overlook this fact because of a few years of service time. Shame on all of you.
    no but it makes him a man we should all respect and appreciate his service...

    nobody is saying vote for the guy b/c he was a war hero, but the sad fact is there will be Americans who dont vote for Obama b/c he is black, and wont vote for McCain b/c he's old. Its idiotic

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    248
    vCash
    1500
    This is being discussed in another thread, but I will respond here as well. McCain did not just do a few years of military service. He was captured and sent to a POW camp. Later when offerred the chance to go home, he refused unless they released everyone in the camp. That did not happen, so he stayed. If you think that the kind of character displayed by an act like that is irrelevent to being President you probably need to rethink your life priorities and who you call ignorant.

    That being said, I am curious what qualities you find Presidential in Obama that so overwhelm McCain? To cut down a little on back and forth, could you please respond in some way that does not refer to "change" or "George W Bush"? I am interested in who you think Obama is, not who he is not.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    This is being discussed in another thread, but I will respond here as well. McCain did not just do a few years of military service. He was captured and sent to a POW camp. Later when offerred the chance to go home, he refused unless they released everyone in the camp. That did not happen, so he stayed. If you think that the kind of character displayed by an act like that is irrelevent to being President you probably need to rethink your life priorities and who you call ignorant.

    That being said, I am curious what qualities you find Presidential in Obama that so overwhelm McCain? To cut down a little on back and forth, could you please respond in some way that does not refer to "change" or "George W Bush"? I am interested in who you think Obama is, not who he is not.
    nice response

    Mccain graduated from Annapolis, served as a naval officer, was a decorated war hero, served in the senate for 2 decades...

    the man is a servant of america his whole life

    your buddy Barry was a street organizer for 7 years and a senator for 140 days before he figured he was qualified to run the most powerful country in the history of the world

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    This is being discussed in another thread, but I will respond here as well. McCain did not just do a few years of military service. He was captured and sent to a POW camp. Later when offerred the chance to go home, he refused unless they released everyone in the camp. That did not happen, so he stayed. If you think that the kind of character displayed by an act like that is irrelevent to being President you probably need to rethink your life priorities and who you call ignorant.

    That being said, I am curious what qualities you find Presidential in Obama that so overwhelm McCain? To cut down a little on back and forth, could you please respond in some way that does not refer to "change" or "George W Bush"? I am interested in who you think Obama is, not who he is not.
    Obama is the guy who was right on the Iraq war before it happened, that's who he is. RIght on day 1.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,846
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponkers View Post
    Does the fact that the Vietcong captured John McCain for a few years make him anymore of a qualified candidate for President? You'd think an argument used by Republicans over and over again to defend McCain, that he's a war hero, would actually be relevant. But it isn't. The man is just like Bush in so many key ways. Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people out there that overlook this fact because of a few years of service time. Shame on all of you.
    The fact that McCain is a war hero does not in itself make him quailified to be president but it does speak to his character. I think character is one of the MANY things that need to be looked at when deciding who would be the best fit for president. And shame on YOU for implying that this is the only reason people are voting for McCain. I disagree with Obama on many issues but would never imply that the only reason people are supporting him is because he's young or he's black. The presidential posistion is a complex job and requires many skills. Intellegent people can look at the same two canidates posistions and come up with different opinions.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    It doesn't matter what you've done for your country. Just look at the current president.

    What does Barack bring to the table? First off, he'll go a long way to changing the image of our country right now. Why can't we give him a chance? We've given all of these supposed experts chances for the last 8 years and they've ****ed our country up royally. I want a new face in the white house, somebody who is going to change our country and send it in the right direction for once, not John McSame.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,846
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    It doesn't matter what you've done for your country. Just look at the current president.

    What does Barack bring to the table? First off, he'll go a long way to changing the image of our country right now. Why can't we give him a chance? We've given all of these supposed experts chances for the last 8 years and they've ****ed our country up royally. I want a new face in the white house, somebody who is going to change our country and send it in the right direction for once, not John McSame.
    In a thread accusing people of only supporting McCain soley because he's a war hero, your rationale for Obama is "Why can't we give him a chance?" and "I want a new face in the white house"? How ironic. I really hope you've give more thought to the policies and credentials to both canidates then that.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 08-14-2008 at 03:28 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    It doesn't matter what you've done for your country. Just look at the current president.

    What does Barack bring to the table? First off, he'll go a long way to changing the image of our country right now. Why can't we give him a chance? We've given all of these supposed experts chances for the last 8 years and they've ****ed our country up royally. I want a new face in the white house, somebody who is going to change our country and send it in the right direction for once, not John McSame.
    Every time I hear this argument, I get more and more flabbergasted. You are actually advocating a Presidential candidate on the sole basis that he is not the current President.

    Also not the current President: Sylvester Stallone, Rosie O'Donnell, Chuck Norris (although if he was elected, look out world), Big Bird, LeBron James, Eric Cartman from South Park, my son, me, you, my car, your car, Miami Florida, the tree in my front yard, manbearpig, my dead grandfather. The list is almost literally endless. Why can't we give any of these people/things a chance?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    exactly... people are just up like "lets try something new"

    well hell i might try to be a dr and see how that works out...

    ive been arrested so i must know the legal system right? i might become a lawyer..

    change for changes sake is no way to elect the president of the united states

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    13,067
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    Every time I hear this argument, I get more and more flabbergasted. You are actually advocating a Presidential candidate on the sole basis that he is not the current President.

    Also not the current President: Sylvester Stallone, Rosie O'Donnell, Chuck Norris (although if he was elected, look out world), Big Bird, LeBron James, Eric Cartman from South Park, my son, me, you, my car, your car, Miami Florida, the tree in my front yard, manbearpig, my dead grandfather. The list is almost literally endless. Why can't we give any of these people/things a chance?
    lol someone likes South Park

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    exactly... people are just up like "lets try something new"

    well hell i might try to be a dr and see how that works out...

    ive been arrested so i must know the legal system right? i might become a lawyer..

    change for changes sake is no way to elect the president of the united states
    people are so obsessed with being either "red" or "blue" and all these BS labels, that you can argue a change is good. Its obvious most people are fed up with the current administration.

    I do agree with your main point however, you shouldnt vote ONLY b/c McCain is a war hero or vote Obama ONLY for the sake of change...but people will anyway

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    Well, the fact that I am fed up with the Republican party fear mongering, the disgraceful ads that Republicans have been running or the flat out lies that are told make me not want to vote or them. Oh yeah, and the fact that I don't want to see my grandchildren going to Iraq/Iran/wherever else the war administration starts more wars.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,846
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    It doesn't matter what you've done for your country. Just look at the current president.

    What does Barack bring to the table? First off, he'll go a long way to changing the image of our country right now. Why can't we give him a chance? We've given all of these supposed experts chances for the last 8 years and they've ****ed our country up royally. I want a new face in the white house, somebody who is going to change our country and send it in the right direction for once, not John McSame.
    I just caught this too. You said "It doesn't matter what you've done for your country. Justlook at our current president." I'm assuming you have a negative view of Bush, as most do. If you remember, one of the knocks on Bush when he was running was that he essentially used his privilege to avoid going to war and to "serve" in the national guard (or was it coast guard) while others were at war. I know that the talking points say Bush = McCain but in that regard there is a distinct difference.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 08-14-2008 at 03:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    Obama is the guy who was right on the Iraq war before it happened, that's who he is. RIght on day 1.
    you know who else was "right"?

    every other pot smoking hippie liberal in america

    some people are just against war at all cost... feeling that diplomacy should always reign supreme... just as some US Senators did not want to get into it with Hitler...

    not saying whos right or wrong about the war.. but are going to elect a guy based off of one decision he made?

    it might be a big decision but still only one...?

    can you name ANYTHING else hes done as a senator?

    please watch this video on a obama senator supporter when asked to name ANYTHING hes done... but he cant.. not ONE ****ING THING

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyk0fjtdHdI

    this is a senator... he supports barack and he cant think of **** hes done

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •