Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

In the 21st Century Countries Don't Invade Other Countries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeHpXffvGvY

This should pretty much decide the election. Can't see how a candidate can recover from this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BG7 View Post

This should pretty much decide the election. Can't see how a candidate can recover from this.
    I'm at work, so I can't watch the video now, but I highly doubt that it will "pretty much decide the election". From reading the comments I gather McCain said that Nations shouldn't invade other Nations in the 21st century? This will surely be ammo for the Obama campaign, but nothing (outside of a major scandal) will decide the election at this stage. We are 60+ days out still.
    Last edited by b1e9a8r5s; 08-14-2008 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Amen John McCain amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    oh yea the election is over now

vCash
    "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran"
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

simply ridiculous statement

vCash
    So, on a more serious note ...

Is this a de facto criticism of the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq in a round-about sort of way? In essence, distancing himself from the Republican "brand?"

I suppose we'll have to wait a few days and see some of his follow up comments, but it's curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    So, on a more serious note ...

Is this a de facto criticism of the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq in a round-about sort of way? In essence, distancing himself from the Republican "brand?"

I suppose we'll have to wait a few days and see some of his follow up comments, but it's curious.
    It's him on the USA can do no wrong pedestal.

vCash
    It's him on the USA can do no wrong pedestal.
    Amen

God how I hate myself and all other filthy Americans. If I could only one day move to one of the better countries (every other country) that would be living the dream.

You can tell how much the rest of the world hates us and thinks our way of life stinks because no one ever tries to come here. No immigrants, legal or illegal, no vacationers, nothing. Place is like a barren wasteland of hate and evil.

Vive La France

vCash
    So, are you trying to say that in our two centuries of existence, the United States has done no wrong ... ever?

Come on, you're better than that.

vCash
    yeah and Obama is the one who said we should do something drastic about Iran?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    So, are you trying to say that in our two centuries of existence, the United States has done no wrong ... ever?

Come on, you're better than that.
    You are correct, that comment should not have been tied to only the one I quoted. There are so many threads going around here about how terrible the US is that I just kind of combined my feelings into one post. Of course the US makes mistakes, just like every person, government, and country in the world does.

My real point is impossible to test, but it is this:

If the situation wth Iraq was EXACTLY the same in all ways except the fact that this was the end of Al Gore's second term then you would have almost the exact same dialogue going back and forth on these forums except the positions for most posters would be reversed. That is the real problem we have as a country is that no one, not individuals, and certainly not our elected leaders, can ever get past the D or R behind someone's name and just analyze a situation or person for what it/they are. There is constant gridlock in all levels of government because the priorities are as follows:
    1. Get re-elected
    2. Help my self
    3. Hurt the other party
    4. Help my party
    5. Chase loose tail
    126. Do the work I was elected to do

In order to accomplish these goals in that order, "leaders" on both sides of the aisle encourage this constant partisan bickering and many people across the country are more than happy to oblige. It is counter-productive and hurts the country.

We ae now at a point where we almost never elect any leader for what they are, but rather for what they are not. Obama represents "change" and "not George Bush", but what is that really? McCain is being sold as an "alternte to the Nancy Pelosi/Obama far left", but is just not being Nancy Pelosi enough to be President?

Hopefully once the debates roll around, they will both be able to present some tangible reasons they should be elected. Then the middle third of us that decide each election can have a basis to make an informed, non partisan choice.

Sorry...end of rant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    Amen

God how I hate myself and all other filthy Americans. If I could only one day move to one of the better countries (every other country) that would be living the dream.

You can tell how much the rest of the world hates us and thinks our way of life stinks because no one ever tries to come here. No immigrants, legal or illegal, no vacationers, nothing. Place is like a barren wasteland of hate and evil.

Vive La France
    I love the confusing disgust towards the current administration, status quo of the economy, foreign policy, domestic policy, etc is always spun into "hating america". speaking out against corruption and poor leadership is pro america.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    I love the confusing disgust towards the current administration, status quo of the economy, foreign policy, domestic policy, etc is always spun into "hating america". speaking out against corruption and poor leadership is pro america.
    When every post one makes is complaining about how terrible things are here, while defending and lauding Russia and France at any opportunity, that could be construed as being anti-American. Just some friendly advice, in case you do not realize the impression that leaves.

America is not the President. America does not do everything wrong. America does not do only the things the President says. America is the greatest country in the world. You need only look at how many people are leaving a country versus how many are coming in to see what the rest of the world actually thinks about that country's policies and quality of life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast