Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigleyboy25 View Post
    The following story is true and taken from a speech that John McCain gave before the 1988 Republican National Convention.

Where's your hand Barack!?
    7) Posting Images. This is something only to be done by moderators and team managers to make certain threads more attractive.
    Who was it wrote those rules, Wrigley?

Or are you just saying you think Obama is "more attractive" than McCain?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I believe that was to prevent users from posting useless, obscene, or high bandwith pictures, not to prevent an administrator from posting pics than enhance an thread.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I believe that was to prevent users from posting useless, obscene, or high bandwith pictures, not to prevent an administrator from posting pics than enhance an thread.
    "Enhance" is all in the eye of the beholder.

And we mods and TMs were specifically instructed to limit the use of images to game threads or otherwise "official" threads (for example, how I used the McCain logo for the Rep. convo and the Obama logo for the Dem. convo).

I wasn't aware that propaganda was fair game...

Anyways, I'm just giving Wrigley a hard time, I'm not too worried about it. But if this thread hadn't been posted by him, I'd merge it (and the "war hero" thread) into Truth and Fiction. As it is, I'll let them both stand, since this was apparently in response to that.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Nvm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    BFD! You Republicans are more concerned with image over substance. If you measure loyality to America with a hand over a heart or a flag pin IMO you are a moron.
    Image over substance? I think that would be defining Obama, the young, charasmatic, guy who "doesn't look the same as the other presidents on the dollar bills".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Image over substance? I think that would be defining Obama, the young, charasmatic, guy who "doesn't look the same as the other presidents on the dollar bills".
    That is a perfect example, as that comment was made IN RESPONSE to McCain putting Obama's image on a dollar bill in one of his own damn commercials for the purpose of...

...well, maybe trying to point out (without saying it so he can dodge the racism charge) that Obama doesn't look like the other guys on dollar bills.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    lol politics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Who was it wrote those rules, Wrigley?

Or are you just saying you think Obama is "more attractive" than McCain?
    Give me a break. You sir know very well that moderators and TM's can post pictures. I never thought I'd see you resorting to moonman tactics. But if I hurt your feelings I'll just make it a link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Wait, what an awful argument FearAD.

As if Obama would notice everyone else start to get up and speak and he would get up but it would slip his mind to say the pledge. Like he wouldn't notice that everyone else is doing it? That's kinda a bad defense.
    BlenderBOY,

My point was that there are numerous other photos of him with his hand on his heart and singing the national anthem. This was a one time occurence. You Republicans would have a valid argument if there was some consistency, i.e., George Bush and his inability to acticulate words. This was a one time action.

One occurance does not make him a Islamic Facist Traitor. Jeezuz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearAD View Post
    BlenderBOY,

My point was that there are numerous other photos of him with his hand on his heart and singing the national anthem. This was a one time occurence. You Republicans would have a valid argument if there was some consistency, i.e., George Bush and his inability to acticulate words. This was a one time action.

One occurance does not make him a Islamic Facist Traitor. Jeezuz.
    I don't even think it would be a valid argument. It is not a big deal where the man puts his hands during the pledge. The fact that this thread has gone on four pages is just sad.

vCash
    Give me a break. You sir know very well that moderators and TM's can post pictures. I never thought I'd see you resorting to moonman tactics. But if I hurt your feelings I'll just make it a link.
    a prime example of how the powers that be don't follow the rules they make and are not willing to lead by example.
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 08-16-2008 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Aw, come on Wrigley - I think you missed the following post where I said I was just giving you a hard time and wasn't too worried about it.

That was the purpose of the smiley - to communicate the idea that I was kind of joking.

Atheists Of PSD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234