Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    It was a good story, ruined by WrigleyBoy's ridiculous picture and caption at the bottom.



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theuuord View Post
    The reason people have a problem with the Pledge is because it uses the word "God" in its nature, and since not everyone believes in such a diety (and we are not a religious nation) it is offensive to those who disagree respectfully with that notion.

    I personally believe in God but I choose not to stand for the Pledge because the words themselves, while meaningful to me, do not are not inclusive of the views of the country.

    And also, is the man's hand placement really that big of a deal? Honestly? He is clearly in respect of the flag. The man is running for President for chrissakes.
    oh boy...

    you believe in god but wont stand up because it is not inclusive of the views of the country?

    are you serious?

    by far people in this country believe in a god.. whether christian or other most people DO believe in some god... so your whole single person protest is ridiculous

    and his hand placement is important IF you take it in context with YOUR OPINION of the rev wright issues, his wifes "never been proud of my country before" remarks, his muslim upbringing (predominantly Muslim schooling), his talking down about America in berlin and to a 7 year old girl and other obama lies...

    like when he claimed that the Kennedy administration paid for his Kenyan father to travel to America on a student scholarship and therefore was responsible for his “very existence”. However the first march on Selma took place on March 7, 1965. Obama would have been about three and half years old at that time. For some reason the media never did the math on this...

    so when you take this and other things into CONTEXT.. then you can see why some people (like me) would rather trust a POW war hero over a street organizer
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-14-2008 at 03:13 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    How long are Republicans going to fear monger? Calling Obama Muslim is just trying to link him to terrorists, or people our government have convinced us are the mortal enemy of the USA.



  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    i didnt call him a muslim... i just stated that he went to a predominatly muslim school during his upbringing.. which he admits in his book... you would know if you read it

    and i didnt say anything bad about it... i said the hand over the heart thing could be taken the wrong way if you put it in context (which a lot of voters will) with his upbringing and his wifes statements and his pastors and so on

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    How long are Republicans going to fear monger? Calling Obama Muslim is just trying to link him to terrorists, or people our government have convinced us are the mortal enemy of the USA.
    I agree. I want to bang my head on the wall during the whole flag-pin nonsense....just one of the many examples. Even worse is that people believe this kind of garbage

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    What's next, are Republicans going to blame Obama for high oil prices? Oh wait....



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I agree. I want to bang my head on the wall during the whole flag-pin nonsense....just one of the many examples. Even worse is that people believe this kind of garbage
    careful you have one of those people who types out the hannity transcript verbatim when rattling off the obama fearmongering talking points.

    has anyone heard how hannity does this? IT's like he's trying to brainwash his audience. Everytime a story comes up he reads off the entire list of lies and spin about 2-3 times in a row. How anyone can base their opinions on what this man says is beyond me.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19,946
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    heres a video of that even... he doesn't raise his hand over the entire national anthem

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o
    umm i dont think he can lift his arms that much anymore. he has physical limitations. i dont think he wants to reach the quota before he gets inaugurated(if he gets elected). haha i wanna see him hold up his arm for that long. jeez. i'd be tired.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    careful you have one of those people who types out the hannity transcript verbatim when rattling off the obama fearmongering talking points.

    has anyone heard how hannity does this? IT's like he's trying to brainwash his audience. Everytime a story comes up he reads off the entire list of lies and spin about 2-3 times in a row. How anyone can base their opinions on what this man says is beyond me.
    Ive never watched Hannity in my life pal...or any of that garbage

    An idiot can figure out that flag-pins and other nonsense distract people from the REAL issues...it doesnt matter if its Republican or Democrat. Its universal....and its BS
    Last edited by The Schmooze; 08-14-2008 at 03:51 PM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,763
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    i didnt call him a muslim... i just stated that he went to a predominatly muslim school during his upbringing.. which he admits in his book... you would know if you read it

    and i didnt say anything bad about it... i said the hand over the heart thing could be taken the wrong way if you put it in context (which a lot of voters will) with his upbringing and his wifes statements and his pastors and so on
    Hey hey hey

    you can't bring up Obama's book as a reference to the mans life

    someone else helped him write it so those misspeaks and untruths were not his they were his co writers
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    248
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Hey hey hey

    you can't bring up Obama's book as a reference to the mans life

    someone else helped him write it so those misspeaks and untruths were not his they were his co writers
    I thought Charles Barkley was the only one who could be "misquoted" in his own auto-biography. Combined with "change" this distinction might be just enough to push me over to the Obama/Hope campaign.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar10294 View Post
    Wow, I never heard that story. Its amazing how some people really love our country.
    Don't you understand that the only way to truly love your country is to ***** about it, wish we were Europe, and say everything we do is wrong?

    Anyway great story.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    Posts
    1,405
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Hey hey hey

    you can't bring up Obama's book as a reference to the mans life

    someone else helped him write it so those misspeaks and untruths were not his they were his co writers
    i think your right!

    i better watch out before i keep it up and just get labeled racist

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Ive never watched Hannity in my life pal...or any of that garbage

    An idiot can figure out that flag-pins and other nonsense distract people from the REAL issues...it doesnt matter if its Republican or Democrat. Its universal....and its BS
    I wasn't referring to you or myself. I was referring to someone else typing in this forum who thinks the flagpin issue and one picture of the pledge or allegiance define a person.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    19,669
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    I wasn't referring to you or myself. I was referring to someone else typing in this forum who thinks the flagpin issue and one picture of the pledge or allegiance define a person.
    oh......sorry.........uhhh.........this is awkward.....

    haha I thought you were referring to me!

    in that case, we're in agreement!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •