Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Way to make another Gaborik thread. We made a Official Gaborik thread so we could put all these in one spot rather than have 40 of them.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    Wasn't this stickied?
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boeknows View Post
    Way to make another Gaborik thread. We made a Official Gaborik thread so we could put all these in one spot rather than have 40 of them.
    ya I know I saw that after

2 Time Sim League Champion

vCash
    Guess not.

vCash
    Its ok i thought u were a mod who came in and put it in another place since they do that a lot in here.

vCash
    O true ya ill try not to anymore

vCash

Three reasons why Marian Gaborik will remain in Minnesota

The negotiations between Marian Gaborik and the Minnesota Wild are ongoing, but aren't exactly encouraging, according to his agent. "I feel like we've made some small steps, but I can't say there's been anything that makes me feel particularly optimistic," Ron Salcer told Michael Russo of the Star Tribune. Russo sees the talks thusly:
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...te=1&p=6024283

vCash
    Doug Risebrough thought he could sign Marian Gaborik before the regular season starts next Saturday. That's not going to happen, the Wild general manager said, and the next steps are uncertain.

"We're going to have to wait and see for the next little bit," Risebrough said Saturday from Montreal, where the Wild will play their final exhibition tonight against the Canadiens.

Gaborik, the franchise's top scorer and first-ever draft pick, is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in July. While sides appeared to make some progress early, negotiations obviously have stalled. The "artifical timetable" of Oct. 11, Risebrough said, came out of early talks.

"I was thinking in the context of what both sides were saying," he said, "and that we thought it would be better for both of us not to be answering these questions during the season, because we both know we're going to be answering them all the time."

Indeed, though the Wild are trying to matriculate several new and key players into coach Jacques Lemaire's system, Gaborik's contract status has overshadowed everything else in camp.

The Wild have acknowledged that if they can't sign Gaborik, they will be forced to explore his trade value. Risebrough declined to say whether that's currently being done, or when the team might finally feel a trade is inevitable.

"I'm not answering that right now because I'm not in that mindset," he said.

Gaborik is in the last season of a three-year extension worth
    $6.33 million a year, with a salary of $7.5 million this season. The sides appeared set on a long-term deal, but the overall value of the contract was still indispute.
    http://www.twincities.com/wild/ci_10637672

vCash
    What does Gabby want? He says he wants to stay, but he and his agent have turned down a 10-year deal worth more than $8 million per season, according to multiple sources. That money would put him among the five highest-paid players in the league.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/thewire/hock..._wild_need_to/

vCash
    What the ****. People are too gready these days.

vCash
    ya tell me about it i would take that in an instant

vCash
    It depends if he wants long or short term and if he wants to stay in minny. With the leafs going to have over 15 mill in cap space and probabally more they will offer him a huge offer. I would be not surprised with 6 years 60 from the leafs. Or if Gaborik wants to get really greedy how about like a three year 36 million dollar deal (or w.e max salary is) and then get an even bigger contract long term once the cap goes up and he can get more money. Look him, zetterberg, hossa, the sedins will all draw huge attention come fa time

vCash
    I don't think he can get that much I'm not sure how much more he can get given the fact he is injury prone

vCash
    its not always about money. he probably wants the money but wants the money in a city where he has a better opportunity of getting his name on that cup

vCash
    this team is not bad they are on there way to being a contender if they are not one already he's young (26) and was offered security to the team who has a bright future

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast