Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The Official Marian Gaborik Contract Thread

With Pierre-Marc Bouchard under contract, the Minnesota Wild will devote all their energy to re-signing Marian Gaborik.
    Gaborik is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of the 2008/09 season and the Wild want to keep him in a Minnesota uniform for a long time. "Now that Pierre-Marc is done and we know what our team looks like going forward, it's time we start talking to Marian," assistant GM Tom Lynn said. Gaborik will make $7.5 million next season, so expect an offer of about $34 million for four years and $60 million for a seven year extension. Gaborik, who underwent successful surgery for a torn labrum in his hip in early May, will be healthy for the start of training camp in September and should improve on his 42 goal, 83 point 2007/08 season should he stay injury-free this year. He should be drafted in the first two rounds in most fantasy drafts this season.
    Well since Pierre-Marc Bouchard signed an extension this is logic to re-sign Marian Gaborik for a long term contract.

vCash
    I am sure they will save some of that energy for Backstrom.

vCash
    We need to get this deal done. Without Gaborik we can say goodbye to the playoffs for the next couple years.

vCash

GM Doug Risebrough is going to Slovakia to meet with Marian Gaborik

Minnesota GM Doug Risebrough is going to Slovakia to meet with Marian Gaborik.
    Risebrough is attending an under-18 tournament in Slovakia and will go to Gaborik's hometown of Trencin to meet with his star player. Gaborik is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2008/09 season and Risebrough wants to sign the star winger up on a long-term contract. The Wild are looking to offer him a four-to-seven year contract. "I haven't arranged it yet, but obviously I want to sit down with Marian while I'm over there," Risebrough said. "I just want to make sure we're on the same page." Look for Gaborik to be offered a deal in the range of $8.5 million per year from Minnesota.
    Good news the Wild want to lock Marian Gaborik for a long contract. He be one of the key guys for you in the future and now.

vCash
    how many different threads are u going to make about trying to sign Gaborik loing term. We could have just one about him and combine them. It would make it a lot easier.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash

Wild seeks Gaborik extension
    The Wild's first step toward signing Marian Gaborik to a contract extension may come this week when general manager Doug Risebrough meets with the star winger in Trencin, Slovakia. No meeting is set, but Risebrough is flying to Gaborik's homeland today to scout an under-18 tournament in Slovakia and the Czech Republic. Gaborik, 26, is entering the final year of a three-year extension that will pay him $7.5 million. Risebrough hopes to visit Gaborik in Trencin to discuss the future of the team's leading scorer and last remaining original franchise member.

vCash
    If there was any doubt of the Wild's commitment in resigning Gaborik, it was put to rest in my eyes when our GM flew across the planet just to meet with him.

vCash
    Geez this is like the 6th thread that this guy has started about the same thing. Quit doing this.

vCash
    Yeah we should really have one big official Marian Gaborik contract thread, and all of the others should be merged into it. If I had TM powers I would, but I don't.

But I'm still going to make the thread anyway.
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash

Some posters have been complaining about there being to many threads about this whole topic, and rightfully so, there is.

So from now on Sbank or anyone else; will you just post the updates in here instead of making a brand new thread, Sbank could you merge the other threads into here, and sticky this thread? It would be appreciated, and it would clean up the forum alot and make everything easier to find.

Thanks.

Now let's get Gabby that extension!
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash
    And i guarantee he wont post in that one.

vCash
    sorry about that but I didn't see that I kept doing that. If you see me doing pm me about sticking or unsticking or merging threads pm me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbank View Post
    sorry about that but I didn't see that I kept doing that. If you see me doing pm me about sticking or unsticking or merging threads pm me.
    Will do.

Thanks alot.
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

vCash

Wild must sign or trade Gaborik

The Wild are in negotiations to retain their marquee player, Marian Gaborik, but if they can't sign him, will they trade him before he can become a free agent next summer? As the lengthy negotiations continue, the only deadline -- and it's a soft one -- seems to be general manager Doug Risebrough's desire to have a deal done before the season starts Oct. 11 against the Boston Bruins at the Xcel Energy Center. And yet the specter of a world without Gaborik, the leading scorer in franchise history and its last original member, haunts Wild Nation. On the team's Web site, there were 65 pages dedicated to the topic as of Saturday afternoon, and for good reason. If Gaborik waits for free agency, he virtually could have his pick among 30 NHL teams that would pay him as much or more than what the Wild are offering.
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/66735

2 Time Sim League Champion

vCash
    I really hope they work something out sooner rather than later. But if nothing can be worked out, then might as well get something for him.
    SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast