Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    yeah.. it was brokered when they were broke..

now they have the cash thanks to weapons sales (iran) and oil prices they are up to thier old tricks again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    so once again, I never said the situation was his fault. the fact that no one will listen to the us is his fault. separate the two, they are separate issues.

by the way, wasn't a cold war resolution brokered with Russia in the not so distant past?
    which two term senator brokered that deal?? Was it one who lied to the people of the state he was representing or no??

No one will listen to us because of Bush according to you

so we won't be heard on the issue why exactly??? Oh because of Bush

So directly or indirectly it is Bushes fault according to you

you are becoming so moonman part II............but really I miss the entertainment
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    which two term senator brokered that deal?? Was it one who lied to the people of the state he was representing or no??

No one will listen to us because of Bush according to you

so we won't be heard on the issue why exactly??? Oh because of Bush

So directly or indirectly it is Bushes fault according to you

you are becoming so moonman part II............but really I miss the entertainment
    listen to yourself. separate the situations. opinion of us policy globally and georgia/russia conflict are separate issues. the issue can still be resolved. For instance sarkozy was in moscow brokering a cease fire. that used to be a US diplomat before this administration's policies crippled our credibility, now it's a french prime minister. That's all I'm saying. I agree with you that it will play out no matter what, it's just we are no longer a diplomatic power because of the current administration.

that's what happens when you leave a guy like colin powell out in the wind on a worldwide stage for personal purposes, or you ignore intelligence and manipulate it to feed your agenda. That's what happens when respected people are ignored time and time again. When problems come up, you aren't at the table to be involved.

vCash
    you and BB both said rich and elitist, and that is inaccurate. you are trying to label me as the blowhards have preached to do, it is inaccurate.
    To clarify, I didn't call you rich or elitis. I said that often, liberals are either very rich or very poor, and often elitist. As in the stereotypical/poster boy liberal. Not you. Just so we're clear I wasn't attacking you personally (not that "rich" is much of an insult).

Good to see Russia openly defying this administration:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/wo...hp&oref=slogin

I'm sure Condi will get this all straightened out
    Yeah, I too like when our enemies triumph. Just another way I support America: cheering when anti-American forces accomplish goals.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    listen to yourself. separate the situations. opinion of us policy globally and georgia/russia conflict are separate issues. the issue can still be resolved. For instance sarkozy was in moscow brokering a cease fire. that used to be a US diplomat before this administration's policies crippled our credibility, now it's a french prime minister. That's all I'm saying. I agree with you that it will play out no matter what, it's just we are no longer a diplomatic power because of the current administration.

that's what happens when you leave a guy like colin powell out in the wind on a worldwide stage for personal purposes, or you ignore intelligence and manipulate it to feed your agenda. That's what happens when respected people are ignored time and time again. When problems come up, you aren't at the table to be involved.
    The French are there because they are likely to say that NATO supports Russia reforming the Soviet Union as long as they promise not to do anything mean to the French. Anyone who thinks the French are more "respected" than the US is mistaken. Countries that are not our friends, or who want to stir some stuff, know that the French can be counted on to punk-out at the drop of the hat. Countries respect the French the same way guys respect the last girl in the bar at closing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    To clarify, I didn't call you rich or elitis. I said that often, liberals are either very rich or very poor, and often elitist. As in the stereotypical/poster boy liberal. Not you. Just so we're clear I wasn't attacking you personally (not that "rich" is much of an insult).

Yeah, I too like when our enemies triumph. Just another way I support America: cheering when anti-American forces accomplish goals.
    I didn't see myself cheering at all. I'm actually quite disappointed about the situation. I don't like it at all either. I was showing my skepticism towards the diplomatic effectiveness of our administration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    The French are there because they are likely to say that NATO supports Russia reforming the Soviet Union as long as they promise not to do anything mean to the French. Anyone who thinks the French are more "respected" than the US is mistaken. Countries that are not our friends, or who want to stir some stuff, know that the French can be counted on to punk-out at the drop of the hat. Countries respect the French the same way guys respect the last girl in the bar at closing time.
    Well said.

vCash
    Of our administration? I can assure you talking to Putin and getting to know him and trying to understand his fears and such won't make him a better person. If Obama had been President instead of Bush it's not like the situation would have played out any better, short of Obama coming out and saying "****, I don't give a damn about Georgia."
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345