Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    OK, just quickly, the "conservative blowhard spin" is a direct quote from your previous post. Also, how is it inaccurate to say that young people are overwhelmingly liberal? You say in a post a couple down that you are young, yet here you are saying it is personally innacurate. I don't really get it.

Any thoughts on the meat of my post, or do you just want to cherry-pick the things you think can get better pop?
    you and BB both said rich and elitist, and that is inaccurate. you are trying to label me as the blowhards have preached to do, it is inaccurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    If that is for me, I apologize. I will watch it.
    It is for EVERYBODY. It's time to drop it, let it go. Now.

Thank you.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    haha.

Forgot about the veto.

And....how does Obama's presence change that situation?
    are you serious. Put McCain or Bush on a world stage and see how much response or acknowledgment they get. Then do the same with Obama. You will see a huge difference in countries being open to diplomacy and being responsive, instead of defiant. The world is sick of the bully, ignorant, non listening attitude of this administration. It's obvious. You are either being blind or just difficult by asking this question.

vCash
    Good to see Russia openly defying this administration:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/wo...hp&oref=slogin

I'm sure Condi will get this all straightened out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    Good to see Russia openly defying this administration:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/15/wo...hp&oref=slogin

I'm sure Condi will get this all straightened out
    I love how you said earlier that this wasn't Bush fault, but that's all you keep bringing up. And isn't openly defing the UN or the World and not just the Bush administration?

Oh, I forgot, it's always Bush's fault.

vCash
    It is funny that you think anyone would straighten it out.

Or that if someone else were in office Russia would be doing something different.

Russia is going to do what they want to do regardless of dialogue
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I love how you said earlier that this wasn't Bush fault, but that's all you keep bringing up. And isn't openly defing the UN or the World and not just the Bush administration?

Oh, I forgot, it's always Bush's fault.
    It's funny how I never once said any of this situation is Bush's fault yet this is at least the second time that someone has confused my statements to mean that. I have a suggestion go back and read my posts and try to find one time I said any of that. DUring your reading review you will notice that I never once said that. I have repeatedly said that this administration has crippled american credibility on foreign issues and will not be acknowledged, probably defied, and certainly not part of any solution to the conlfict.

That's all I'm saying. Bush's policies have caused this country to no longer be viewed as an authority or credible opinion, therefore we will not be able to help diffuse situations like this or broker diplomatic resolutions. That is certainly Bush's fault. The conflict is not, but whether this happened in Georgia or Peru, no one is listening to Bush or his chronies.

vCash
    It's funny how I never once said any of this situation is Bush's fault yet this is at least the second time that someone has confused my statements to mean that. I have a suggestion go back and read my posts and try to find one time I said any of that. DUring your reading review you will notice that I never once said that. I have repeatedly said that this administration has crippled american credibility on foreign issues and will not be acknowledged, probably defied, and certainly not part of any solution to the conlfict.

That's all I'm saying. Bush's policies have caused this country to no longer be viewed as an authority or credible opinion, therefore we will not be able to help diffuse situations like this or broker diplomatic resolutions. That is certainly Bush's fault. The conflict is not, but whether this happened in Georgia or Peru, no one is listening to Bush or his chronies.
    So the situation is not his fault but the results are according to you??

You like to leave out the fact that Russia would not listen to anyone democrat or republican or the UN for that matter.

They will do what they want regardless of who is or who is not in the whitehouse.

If you believe that a senator with zero experience in this type of thing would be getting any different results you are having a tough time with reality.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.

vCash

I'm not suggesting that your saying the conflict itself is a result of anything Bush has done or not done, but you are implying that the low view of America, based on the poor decisions of the administration, have contributed to Russia (and every other country) not fearing or caring about what the US says. Correct? So Ipso Facto, it's a result of the Bush administration.

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    I actually think this helps Obama. This situation is showing that neither Georgia or Russia really have much respect for US opinion on issues since our leaders judgement, opinion, priorities, and motives have been more than questionable and proven to be terrible with the Iraq invasion. This is an administration that is pretty much bankrupt on worldwide credibility.

Therefore, we could elect a guy who stood by poor decisions from W time and time again, or a guy who brings out 200,000 supporters in a foreign country, and no protestors. Judging by the fact that russia has sarkozy in moscow today to listen to him, I would venture a guess that McCain's opinion and thoughts are viewed down there with W's while a proven open mind like obama would be welcomed by both sides in many conflicts to get to the resolution. It's up to the american people to make this connection instead of just buying the bs line that republicans are better on security despite a piss poor track record on foreign policy decisions especially in times of war.
    uh huh

are you serious. Put McCain or Bush on a world stage and see how much response or acknowledgment they get. Then do the same with Obama. You will see a huge difference in countries being open to diplomacy and being responsive, instead of defiant. The world is sick of the bully, ignorant, non listening attitude of this administration. It's obvious. You are either being blind or just difficult by asking this question.
    you arent saying it directly... but you are implying it

and if you think the world is sick of bullies? then wait till obama is president and Iran Nukes Israel and Russia invades the Ukraine... will obama be able to handle that crisis?
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-14-2008 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Georgian President, Misha Saakashvili: "John McCain said that Americans are supporting Georgia. McCain said, "We are Georgians today," everybody are Georgians today.

Secondly: Misha Saakashvili askes, "Who else can stand up for liberty in the world?"
    We cant just turn our backs on ethnic cleansing

vCash
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/...georgia_russia

Russia: 'Forget' Georgian territorial integrity

Russia's president met in the Kremlin with the leaders of Georgia's two separatist provinces — a clear sign that Moscow could absorb the regions.

he said. "What other definition is there for genocide?" [/B]
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-14-2008 at 02:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    uh huh

you arent saying it directly... but you are implying it

and if you think the world is sick of bullies? then wait till obama is president and Iran Nukes Israel and Russia invades the Ukraine... will obama be able to handle that crisis?
    I'm not implying it one bit, I told you if it were Peru it would be the same. I don't know how much more clear I can make it. It's obvious you guys are part of the 27% and want to spin this to how you want to hear it.

vCash
    I'm not implying it one bit, I told you if it were Peru it would be the same. I don't know how much more clear I can make it. It's obvious you guys are part of the 27% and want to spin this to how you want to hear it.
    You are right you are not implying it you are coming right out and saying it

your quote

those are your words
    no one spun them
    And you still won't address the fact that Russia historically has done what it feels is needed

Not what the UN or any other nation thinks it should do

I find it so funny that you are such a homer for Obama, a guy who if he was president at this point in time would still have zero control over what the Russians are or are not doing
    Last edited by Randy West; 08-14-2008 at 03:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    You are right you are not implying it you are coming right out and saying it

your quote

those are your words
    no one spun them
    And you still won't address the fact that Russia historically has done what it feels is needed

Not what the UN or any other nation thinks it should do

I find it so funny that you are such a homer for Obama, a guy who if he was president at this point in time would still have zero control over what the Russians are or are not doing
    so once again, I never said the situation was his fault. the fact that no one will listen to the us is his fault. separate the two, they are separate issues.

by the way, wasn't a cold war resolution brokered with Russia in the not so distant past?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast