Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastside Scott View Post
    People who agree with me = Intelligent, non-partsan, sane, fair-minded folks

People who disagree with me = "conservative blowhard
    spin"

What you need to realize is that while you may be surrounded by people who feel the same as you (as people are young they are overwhelmingy liberal because they don't have to pay bills), and choose to label anyone who disagrees with your opinion whether it be a blogger, a national news source, or an elected official as some kind of evil, scheming, spin-meister, that does not mean that there is one overwhelming point of view andthat it is the one shared by you.

Quick numbers - About half of the people eligible to vote in the last couple of presidential elections did. Of those half, half went one way and half went the other (roughly speaking). What that boils down to is that 25% of the people voted the way you wanted. Where exactly do you get the idea that all of your beliefs are so widely held? Spin those numbers any way you would like. I promise you that you cannot get them to work out any differently. No Fox News conspiracy, no Haliburton brainwashing, just a nation happily full of independent thinkers who look beyond whether there is and R or a D after someone's name and base their decisions on a person's accomplishments and qualifications (or lack thereof). Be a sheep if you must, but if you decide to be a sheep, please don't try to herd everyone else.
    thanks for the labeling of me and propaganda. I didn't say any of these categorizations anywhere.

Obviously you know nothing about me if you are labeling me as someone young and liberal and don't pay bills. Pretty innacurate, but thanks for trying.

vCash
    ^^ It's not inaccurate. Most young people are liberals. The stereotypical young person is young, not as seasoned if you will, more idealistic. That's not to say all liberals are young. And some liberals do pay taxes. Stereotypically, liberals are either very rich/elitist or very poor. Ironic, because the whole liberal argument is based on helping the middle class.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    the russians arent honoring the cease fire... and look what happens to the American image when you have people (cough liberlas, obama) screaming for us to tuck our tails in between our legs and run from iraq over a year ago...
    So are you advocating that the U.S. go to war with Russia, then, Doc Fluty?

That is the central problem of the Bush Administration's Georgia policy over the past several years. They imply, insinuate, and allude that we will be there to back Georgia up if the **** hits the fan between them and Russia. This gives the Georgian leaders false confidence that we will actually back them up militarily if it does come to that, which we (wisely) are not prepared to do. So basically the Bush policy is:

1. Talk tough and pretend like we'll help Georgia militarily if a military conflict arises between Georgia and Russia

2. Not help Georgia militarily when the get into a military conflict with Russia.

And chalk up another big FAIL for the neocons.

Check it:

What is the larger concern right now... I'm thinking the Iranian development of nuclear weapons.

So here's a quiz:

Q: Which country with considerable economic and military power is providing Iran with some of the technology they need to develop nukes, and is also a member of the U.N. Security Council, so that if Europe and the U.S. are to have successful negotiations with Iran to get them to stop their development of nuclear weapons their partnership in the process will be mandatory?

A: The country you want to go to war with, or at least pretend to go to war with.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    ^^ It's not inaccurate. Most young people are liberals. The stereotypical young person is young, not as seasoned if you will, more idealistic. That's not to say all liberals are young. And some liberals do pay taxes. Stereotypically, liberals are either very rich/elitist or very poor. Ironic, because the whole liberal argument is based on helping the middle class.
    it is inaccurate, an inaccurate assessment of myself as I said. I'm young, but not rich or elitist. I'm middle class and come from middle class upbringing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Russia has veto power in the UNSC. The UN can't do a thing about it. More likely, they'll just condemn Israel for one thing or another. It's their typical fallback.
    haha.

Forgot about the veto.

Good to see my "spin" is backed by the opinion of world politics!
    And....how does Obama's presence change that situation?
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-13-2008 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    So are you advocating that the U.S. go to war with Russia, then, Doc Fluty?

That is the central problem of the Bush Administration's Georgia policy over the past several years. They imply, insinuate, and allude that we will be there to back Georgia up if the **** hits the fan between them and Russia. This gives the Georgian leaders false confidence that we will actually back them up militarily if it does come to that, which we (wisely) are not prepared to do. So basically the Bush policy is:

1. Talk tough and pretend like we'll help Georgia militarily if a military conflict arises between Georgia and Russia

2. Not help Georgia militarily when the get into a military conflict with Russia.
    Check it:

What is the larger concern right now... I'm thinking the Iranian development of nuclear weapons.

So here's a quiz:

Q: Which country with considerable economic and military power is providing Iran with some of the technology they need to develop nukes, and is also a member of the U.N. Security Council, so that if Europe and the U.S. are to have successful negotiations with Iran to get them to stop their development of nuclear weapons their partnership in the process will be mandatory?

A: The country you want to go to war with, or at least pretend to go to war with.
    Yeah that's why I hate Russia but can't fault them for the basic strategy of holding their enemy by the balls. Either way we're ****ed in the situation. Especially because in the end, Russia's gonna side with Iran anyway.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

Check it:

So here's a quiz:

Who has the most to lose if russia goes back to its old ways? old europe. If i were president i would... a. do whatever symbolic diplomatic things i can to russia (sanctions and maybe suspend them from the UN security counsel). b. back georgia with supplies (read food and medicine) that it would need to defend itself, I would not go in and give them bombers and tanks. i would try to persuade europe into putting "humanitarian" troops in georgia to "keep the peace". and that way the world doesnt see our troops in another country on tv. If france had troops on the ground and russian tanks were still invading we would get a lot more support from the world than if we were there.

i do not WANT to go to war with anybody.. but if russia INVADES a nation and we just sit there with our arms folded what signal does that send to russia and Iran when it thinks about nuking Israel???

things are headed in a real bad direction... no matter whos or whats at fault.

Iran wants Nukes and Israel wiped out, mother russia wants land and a pipieline, and korea is just nuts.

throw in our troubled economy and a public that is sick of war and waving white flags...and i see the making of world war 3

Iran already said that they will not be won over by "carrots and sticks"

russia is blatantly invading a nation and on tv saying they stopped fighting while there tank are headed to the capital.

these people wont want money, gifts or be bothered by "there standing in the world community" ....appeasement will not suffice when these people start doing there version of stalin, hitler and Napoleon.

and in MY opinion during the next 4-8 years when the world is on the brink of something earth shattering... i do not feel comfortable with my leader being a street organizer while Russians leader will be a LT colonel in the KGB
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-14-2008 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    Wait how can you suspend Russia from the Security Council? They're kinda a permanent member. And Putin knows just as well as we do that the UN doesn't matter and as such has zero power.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Wait how can you suspend Russia from the Security Council? They're kinda a permanent member. And Putin knows just as well as we do that the UN doesn't matter and as such has zero power.
    yeah your right.. the are not in the G8 no more.. now its the G7... but maybe there are a few other things to try... i kow they are a permanent member but there has to be SOME offenses that might get them out.. say if they invade the Ukraine and poland.. i dunno..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post

i do not WANT to go to war with anybody.. but if russia INVADES a nation and we just sit there with our arms folded what signal does that send to russia and Iran when it thinks about nuking Israel???
    Okay, but let's not parse words here. You don't "want" war in the sense that you're "rah-rah let's go to war!". I understand that.

But what you're saying is that you support a U.S. military response against Russia in their conflict with Georgia, right? You think America should provide direct military support to the Georgian troops?

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    yes i would support georgia in this conflict but i said i DO NOT support giving them arms and tanks.. i said giving them food and medicine.

i would like to see Europe put troops there to "keep the peace" since they are in more danger of a expanding russia

im not rah rah war.. im rah rah don't look like a inept *****...

as the saying goes...The only thing evil men need to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 08-14-2008 at 01:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    thanks for the labeling of me and propaganda. I didn't say any of these categorizations anywhere.

Obviously you know nothing about me if you are labeling me as someone young and liberal and don't pay bills. Pretty innacurate, but thanks for trying.
    OK, just quickly, the "conservative blowhard spin" is a direct quote from your previous post. Also, how is it inaccurate to say that young people are overwhelmingly liberal? You say in a post a couple down that you are young, yet here you are saying it is personally innacurate. I don't really get it.

Any thoughts on the meat of my post, or do you just want to cherry-pick the things you think can get better pop?

vCash
    This will have only a tiny effect in support of McCain. But if Russia were to contunie showing its Military powers, I thihknk it could help McCain hugley. Vladimar Putin is only affraid McCain, Tompson, and possibly Rudy. He isn't scared of BHO. He wants him nto be president, because he couldn't attack Russia. He isn't a smart enough miliary person to know how to do the right thing.
    Duke '10 NCAA Tournament Champs
    Yankes '09 World Series Champs
    Giants '08 Super Bowl Champs

vCash
    Some of the comments in this thread are starting to move towards personal directions.

Everybody, please just don't go there. Thanks.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Some of the comments in this thread are starting to move towards personal directions.

Everybody, please just don't go there. Thanks.
    If that is for me, I apologize. I will watch it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast