Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should we have stuck threads for the two upcoming conventions?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
    vCash

Stuck threads for the (D) and (R) conventions?

As we get closer to the conventions, there's going to be more and more news coming out about both of them. Some events will be newsworthy enough to merit their own threads (like both candidates' acceptance speeches, for example). But other stories that people might want to post about might be fairly minor in the big picture, and I'm thinking if we had stuck threads for both conventions it might be a good way to keep the front page cleaner so other issue-based threads don't get lost in the flood.

Do you think we should stick up a thread for each convention?

A simple yes or no in the poll will suffice, but please feel free to comment as well, of course.

Thanks - D
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Yes, briefly. I don't know if they should be separated or not though -- especially seeing as how the conventions don't overlap.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I hope we have separate threads to cut down on the bashing.
    YES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Yes, briefly. I don't know if they should be separated or not though -- especially seeing as how the conventions don't overlap.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I hope we have separate threads to cut down on the bashing.
    Well, part of my thinking as to separate threads....

-They're separate events
    -There are aspects of each that mostly Dems or mostly Pubs might want to talk about...
    -...but in spite of that, all will be welcome to post in either, so it won't be exclusive
    -"the convention"/"at the convention"/etc. ... phrases like that will probably get used a lot, but it could create some confusion if we're talking about two different conventions.
    -what redsox12 said.

But I'm not overly attached to any one idea beyond just trying to keep the front page of this forum more or less neat and orderly. So if a lot of people want one thread, that's pretty much okay by me.

Another option would be to have separate threads but not stick them except for during the actual week of the convention (maybe starting like 2 days prior or something).

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I guess I don't see how creating two separate threads would cut down on the bashing. If somebody wants to come into the Dem Convention thread and cause some trouble, they're going to do it regardless -- and vice versa.

I guess it doesn't really matter though. That means we'd have six stickies. But, I suppose separate DNC and RNC threads makes more sense.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Yeah, I'm not worried about bashing so much - I'm more worried about clarity.

And good point about the number of stuck threads. I just unstuck the polls thread. That can go back up, if need be, after both conventions have ended. And if we stick convention threads only while they're happening, then the veep thread will probably have been unstuck by then as well, since we'll definitely have learned Obama's choice, if not McCain's as well.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Definitely. I think 2 separate threads would be the best idea. Less clutter, and more on topic to the party in which you are interested in. I know I would be mainly interested in the Democratic Convention thread, but I would probably state some of my opinions in the Republican threads. I think 2 threads is ideal.

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    it would be better if it was 2. that way it doesnt end up 30 pages long, stuff get repeated or someone cuts and paste whole articles... stuff would just become a mess

vCash
    Well, it's 8-0. And it seems that most people favor 2 separate threads.

So unless there are any objections, let's go with 2 separate convention threads, and they'll only be stuck during the actual conventions so we don't bog down the front page with too many stuck threads.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I voted no because it's getting too cluttered at the top. If you add these, remove two others.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    I voted no because it's getting too cluttered at the top. If you add these, remove two others.
    Did you read the posts before this one?

Atheists Of PSD