Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

vCash
    I will give Yahoo credit for at least addressing an issue that most seem to want to ignore. Especially in the south, I think race plays a huge issue. I live in the South. I have a good friend whom I respect because privately he will tell me how he and his other White friends feel. He confided that most say they can't vote for Barack because of his color and his name.

On the flip side, I have many Black friends who are voting simply because he is Black, which is just as shortsighted.

If Barack wants to win in November, he was have to hit a homerun with his VP choice. I think he needs to chose an older more experienced person like a Sam Nunn to help balance the ticket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearAD View Post
    I will give Yahoo credit for at least addressing an issue that most seem to want to ignore.
    I think the real issue that everybody - most especially the mainstream media - wants to ignore is age, not race. I see race brought up as an issue on a weekly if not daily basis in the press. Age? Not so much. That's the one they're really afraid to touch (although it is, in my opinion, a more pertinent issue).

That said, I think race is probably a more powerful factor for voters than age, but age will be a real consideration for a lot of voters I think. Especially if McCain continues to show not-so-subtle signs of it as he's been prone to do.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    The point that really scares me is the last one. An Obama presidency would be accompanied by a Democraticly controlled (probably by a fairly big margin) congress as well as a slightly left court. As a conservative, this gives me nightmares.

I'm not sure that the "public" realizes this but I think this is something McCain or at least the RNC should be bringing up. The most liberal member of the Senate (I know that there are some flaws with there rankings, but it's still something they can use) as president with a democrat majority in congress. I think it would be a strategy that could get some traction with moderate, independent voters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    The most liberal member of the Senate (I know that there are some flaws with there rankings, but it's still something they can use)
    Or in other words, it's another lie about Obama they can perpetuate.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Good piece, but the Politico isn't the AP.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    I think the real issue that everybody - most especially the mainstream media - wants to ignore is age, not race. I see race brought up as an issue on a weekly if not daily basis in the press. Age? Not so much. That's the one they're really afraid to touch (although it is, in my opinion, a more pertinent issue).

That said, I think race is probably a more powerful factor for voters than age, but age will be a real consideration for a lot of voters I think. Especially if McCain continues to show not-so-subtle signs of it as he's been prone to do.

McCain is 71. That's old as dirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearAD View Post
    McCain is 71. That's old as dirt.
    The Earth has a few (billion) years on McCain, lemme tell you. :-p