Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: shawn marion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,902
    vCash
    1500

    shawn marion

    Honestly, I see a lot of hate for Shawn Marion. People seem to think of him as this arrogant, pompous, ball hungry person that isn't any good. I just wonder how he could have this bad rep after everything he did while on the Suns.

    As far as I know, his negatives consisted of wanting wanting the team to play defense and to be more involved on offense. That being said, Marion was the teams best defensive player and was always forced to do the dirty work and guard the best player night in on the floor except at center. Even then, he had to try to cover up for Amare's inability to play D. which drifts into my sencond part.

    Offense is often a reward for defense. How can you blame him for wanting more shots when he averaged 20 and 11 as a bail out shooter and a put back guy. He had no plays run for him even though he can jump out the gym and shoot the lights out. Imagine if he had been an option at all and was looked for even 7 times a game. his number could have been 25-30 per. Can any star in the league not be critisized for wanting offensive looks? Averaging 20 and 11 while having no plays run for him and playing the toughest D on the team, can you blame him for wanting more? And can someone explain to me, why people seem to hate him, yet show no understanding to how his team limited his potential

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollywood and Fairfax
    Posts
    1,493
    vCash
    1500
    Good thread. Shaun has been a top five player in the NBA. He would like someone to recognize it. The man came in underrated and ruled the triple double land playing out of position. I want him on my Clippers. I want him to get a shot at the promised land. He put in the work and his career averages don't even begin to show the player he is. The suns won with him on the court and faltered without him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,697
    vCash
    1500
    Marion doesn't have the offensive talent to become a superstar or a primary scorer. He's good in a team that has many good offensive players, because he doesn't need the ball much.

    but there's always been alot of hate for any player that displayed arrogance or cockiness.

    if he accepted his role as a 3rd string player, he'd be a very good player.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tondo, Manila
    Posts
    3,095
    vCash
    1500
    he always feels that he isunder appreciated
    “You can’t worry about things you have no control over.”

    "Above and Beyond"

    -- Steve Nash

    "I don't even care how much I score.
    I just want to win."
    -- Ron Artest

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oak Hill, VA
    Posts
    1,764
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dick butane View Post
    Good thread. Shaun has been a top five player in the NBA. He would like someone to recognize it. The man came in underrated and ruled the triple double land playing out of position. I want him on my Clippers. I want him to get a shot at the promised land. He put in the work and his career averages don't even begin to show the player he is. The suns won with him on the court and faltered without him.
    Doubt it. Kobe, Leborn, Wade, Carmelo, Duncan, CP3, Stev Nash, Amare, KG, PP etc. But he has a been a very good player. He can give you both defense and some offense. Personally I think he is underated, and a lot of people attrbibute his success to Steve Nash, but he was doing good before that too. He's getting old, but still very productive. He is top 5 fantasy wise though I think.


    Bobby Ray Simmons AKA B.O.B= The Best Up-And-Coming Rapper in the Game

    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...hange-gon-come

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,406
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by barreleffact View Post
    Honestly, I see a lot of hate for Shawn Marion. People seem to think of him as this arrogant, pompous, ball hungry person that isn't any good. I just wonder how he could have this bad rep after everything he did while on the Suns.

    As far as I know, his negatives consisted of wanting wanting the team to play defense and to be more involved on offense. That being said, Marion was the teams best defensive player and was always forced to do the dirty work and guard the best player night in on the floor except at center. Even then, he had to try to cover up for Amare's inability to play D. which drifts into my sencond part.

    Offense is often a reward for defense. How can you blame him for wanting more shots when he averaged 20 and 11 as a bail out shooter and a put back guy. He had no plays run for him even though he can jump out the gym and shoot the lights out. Imagine if he had been an option at all and was looked for even 7 times a game. his number could have been 25-30 per. Can any star in the league not be critisized for wanting offensive looks? Averaging 20 and 11 while having no plays run for him and playing the toughest D on the team, can you blame him for wanting more? And can someone explain to me, why people seem to hate him, yet show no understanding to how his team limited his potential
    The two bolded areas are what you are wrong about on Shawn. Shawn is a fantastic player. But he has this complex, where he thinks he is under appreciated no matter how much, or how he is being used. Shawn was the highest paid player on the Suns team. He was paid more than Nash and Amare. Yet he still thinks that the ownership is disrespecting him because they don't want to give him a four year extension worth 20 mil per season. And yes, that is what he asked the Suns management to pay him, and the reason over the summer that he ASKED to be traded. The Suns didn't want to trade him. He asked to be. Even as much grief as he had given management about not being respected for the three years he was the highest paid player on the team while also getting the most, or second most shots on the team all three years, they still didn't want to trade him. They were willing to put up with his malcontent, complaing to the media antics, because they appreciated what he brought to the table. But because they wouldn't agree to give him a four year contract at 20 mil a season, he wanted out. He is a player who is good soley based on his heart and athleticism. Once he loses his hops, his heart won't allow him to do what he does.

    And his offensive abilities you have vastly over rated. His shot is the ugliest thing since Chris Dudley's free throws. And yes, the Suns ran set plays for him all the time. That pick and roll to the alley oop, is a set play that they ran. That wasn't done on the fly. Shawn got over half his points on that play in most games. Most out of bounds plays were run for Shawn. D'Antoni used to run out of bounds alley oop, or out of bounds, Shawn runs to the basket and get's the ball dropped right to him on the block plays all the time.

    Shawn Marion is really nothing more than the ultimate hustle player. There probably has never been a better hustle player in the league. And he has made 17 mil a year to be that for a few years. Now that his athleticism is going to be on the down slope, the Suns were right to not want to pay him more than that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    458
    vCash
    1500
    Shawn has always been one of my favorite players because of his defense. On top of that he has a good jumpshot and is a quick and athletic jumper. Run some backdoor cuts for him and it's easy money. Someone said it right before though..he should have accepted being the 3rd best player. They could've been contenders like they have for the past few years.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dick butane View Post
    Good thread. Shaun has been a top five player in the NBA. He would like someone to recognize it. The man came in underrated and ruled the triple double land playing out of position. I want him on my Clippers. I want him to get a shot at the promised land. He put in the work and his career averages don't even begin to show the player he is. The suns won with him on the court and faltered without him.
    dude...come on. come on dude.... dude.... come..on... top five player in the NBA?? if shawn marion was ever in the top 5, id fart in my own mouth, swallow it, then fart it back out again into a jar.. seal it tight.. and mail it to you so you could smell my ***.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston (Acres Homes to Silverleaf), Texas
    Posts
    2,538
    vCash
    1500
    I like his game.
    Houston Rockets:
    Lowry | Flynn | Dragic
    Martin | Lee | Williams | Taylor
    Budinger | Morris | Parsons
    Scola | Patterson | Motiejunas
    ??? | Hill | Thabeet

    TEXANS: 9-3
    ROCKETS: ?-?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    164
    vCash
    1500
    then you must like fat chicks too. with hair on their chests

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,721
    vCash
    1500
    Shawn Marion can be the 2nd option on some teams...however to the person who said he has been a triple double machine, do you mind to shed some light and tell us when he had his last triple-double?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    515
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by barreleffact View Post
    Honestly, I see a lot of hate for Shawn Marion. People seem to think of him as this arrogant, pompous, ball hungry person that isn't any good. I just wonder how he could have this bad rep after everything he did while on the Suns.

    As far as I know, his negatives consisted of wanting wanting the team to play defense and to be more involved on offense. That being said, Marion was the teams best defensive player and was always forced to do the dirty work and guard the best player night in on the floor except at center. Even then, he had to try to cover up for Amare's inability to play D. which drifts into my sencond part.

    Offense is often a reward for defense. How can you blame him for wanting more shots when he averaged 20 and 11 as a bail out shooter and a put back guy. He had no plays run for him even though he can jump out the gym and shoot the lights out. Imagine if he had been an option at all and was looked for even 7 times a game. his number could have been 25-30 per. Can any star in the league not be critisized for wanting offensive looks? Averaging 20 and 11 while having no plays run for him and playing the toughest D on the team, can you blame him for wanting more? And can someone explain to me, why people seem to hate him, yet show no understanding to how his team limited his potential
    amares one of the best defensive centers in the game

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    18,682
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHoops21 View Post
    dude...come on. come on dude.... dude.... come..on... top five player in the NBA?? if shawn marion was ever in the top 5, id fart in my own mouth, swallow it, then fart it back out again into a jar.. seal it tight.. and mail it to you so you could smell my ***.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,062
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mariotubes View Post
    amares one of the best defensive centers in the game
    I want some of what you're smoking.....Amare is horrible on defense....not because he doesnt have the talent its because he doesn't have the heart or the drive. Or maybe its because his coach didnt care abou defense but either way he has been a horrible defender for years.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    964
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mariotubes View Post
    amares one of the best defensive centers in the game
    cocaine is a helluva drug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •