Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Khabibulin destined for Kings?

Khabibulin destined for Kings?
    During the introduction of goalie Cristobal Huet last week, Chicago GM Dale Tallon said he wouldn't have a problem retaining Nikolai Khabibulin to give the Blackhawks two veterans in net. Nice try. Together, the goalies stand to earn $12.375 million in 2008-09, a crippling 21.8 percent of the $56.7 million cap. It would be the most salary committed to the position by an NHL team, nearly $5 million more than the $7.6 million the Rangers (second-most dollars devoted to goal) have committed to Henrik Lundqvist and Stephen Valiquette. The logical landing spot for Khabibulin is Los Angeles, where GM Dean Lombardi desperately needs some experience to make sure his baby-faced defense doesn't crack under repeated beatings. Considering the Kings would be doing Chicago a favor by taking on Khabibulin's salary (the team's second-highest behind defenseman Brian Campbell's $7.1 million annual paycheck), it wouldn't take much for Lombardi to land the veteran netminder he needs.

vCash
    i like it. khabby is past his prime, but he is still better than anything we've got. he would be a great transition goalie while we wait for bernier to develop. i really hope this happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    is this from an article or your opinion???

vCash
    The Kings will never take that big a contract. Hasn't history taught us anything?

vCash
    Not only do I think that the Kings want to save the money this season - I also think they do not want to do anything that would hurt their chances for the first overall draft pick - and improving their goaltending would definitely do that.

vCash
    the kings have a huge problem they are still under the cap by around 6-7 million. he would definatly bring in cap space and experience. plus our defense isnt mature enough yet and he is past his prime so it wont do us anybad to get him because we arent gonna be contenders this seasn anyways. and it'll sell more jerseys if he's here and help out bernier and ersberg.

vCash
    Well imo they should continue the coarse and develop the goalies they have currently.. I don't think getting Khabby will do anything to get this team to the playoffs.. History has taught us, that every time we sign or acquire someone through trade and he was a good player before, they become a bust when they come here..

So we should just stay with the goalies we have now and continue developing them

vCash

Nikolai Khabibulin would look good in kings uniform

what do you guys think are biggest problem has been goaltending, he has only this yr left on his deal worth 6.5 mil,
    and the kings still have to spend a minimum of 2 mil just to hit the cap floor. come on kings give us a reason to have a lil hope , this would make my day/month
    Last edited by lynchgagne; 10-01-2008 at 10:14 AM.

vCash
    ya he had 91 save percentage and the contract doesnt matter cause its the last yr of the deal and berneir isnt gonna be playing for the kings this yr maybe late season but not now. so if its between labarbra and khabby this is not a tough decision....and if the guty plays like he wants a new contract dont count the kings out this season if hes in net

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUMPMANWALLY View Post
    what do you guys think are biggest problem has been goaltending, he has only this yr left on his deal worth 6.5 mil,
    and the kings still have to spend a minimum of 2 mil just to hit the cap floor. come on kings give us a reason to have a lil hope , this would make my day/month

we more then capable goalies.. i think are problem has been the same for years... we give to quickly on promising talent at the position

dafoe
    legace

to name a few who we gave up on too quickly and become good goalies else where,, we have 3 great damn prospect at goalie in bernier labarbera and quick,,, stick with one of them

vCash
    He's a little old and washed up IMO. If the other goalies are doing well in camp then sure go for it, it's only one year and it's not like we have any cap issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    bernier is a great prospect i think at least one yr away , i like labarbera but he is not reall a prospect been around a while now and is as close to a veteran at goalie as were gonna see (but can he stay healthy). and im not sold on quick, although i am real high on ersberg even though we only saw 14 games from him, i just think with it being a 1yr deal with khabby that it kinda makes sense,