Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash

Convention crash?

Asked whether or not her name would be placed into nomination at the convention, Clinton did not rule out the possibility and said, "Senator Obama and I share the goal of ensuring that the voices of everyone who participated in this historic process are respected."

Clinton's Thursday Web chat follows remarks she made to a gathering of supporters last week during which the New York senator said she's looking for a "strategy" for her delegates to have their voices heard and "respected" at the Democratic National Convention.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...5528104&page=1

im interested in how you see this panning out....

vCash
    I really hope she's not as stupid as Ron Paul.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Well now she can lose again. I think a lot of her national convention delegates will vote for Obama anyhow, ignoring their tie to her.

vCash
    I think what she really wants is some kind of formal recognition that she got her "18 million votes" (if that's the right number), some kind of formal acknowledgment that it was a really tight race that she came damn close to winning (even if that's not entirely accurate), and in lieu of being named VP pick (assuming she's not), some kind of formal promise that "her supporters' voices will be heard", meaning some kind of official or quasi-official connection to Obama, whether it be as his legislative point guard in the Senate, or an advisor in some capacity, or "health care czar", or cabinet member, or something.

But I think she's far too concerned about her own political present and future (not to mention her legacy) to play spoiler at the convention. I just really don't see her taking it that far. I think this whole "not ruling out the possibility" thing is her way of keeping the defense honest, maintaining as much leverage as she possibly can over the negotiations - as any smart negotiator would naturally try to do.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    I think what she really wants is some kind of formal recognition that she got her "18 million votes" (if that's the right number), some kind of formal acknowledgment that it was a really tight race that she came damn close to winning (even if that's not entirely accurate), and in lieu of being named VP pick (assuming she's not), some kind of formal promise that "her supporters' voices will be heard", meaning some kind of official or quasi-official connection to Obama, whether it be as his legislative point guard in the Senate, or an advisor in some capacity, or "health care czar", or cabinet member, or something.

But I think she's far too concerned about her own political present and future (not to mention her legacy) to play spoiler at the convention. I just really don't see her taking it that far. I think this whole "not ruling out the possibility" thing is her way of keeping the defense honest, maintaining as much leverage as she possibly can over the negotiations - as any smart negotiator would naturally try to do.
    I think Hillary is trying to get on the ticket as the VP, because she doesn't want a guy like Tim Kaine or Bill Richardson getting a first class ticket to the presidency in 2016 as a result of being the VP.

I think she could still win in 2016 and be the nominee, but if Obama endorsed his VP, and he was a popular president, she would have a tough time getting the nomination even.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BG7 View Post
    I think Hillary is trying to get on the ticket as the VP, because she doesn't want a guy like Tim Kaine or Bill Richardson getting a first class ticket to the presidency in 2016 as a result of being the VP.
    Trouble with that is, even if she doesn't want that, she doesn't get to decide that. She has some leverage, but not enough to dictate the terms of Obama's VP selection.

And if she actually went so far as to go against him at the convention in some way, she'd be throwing her reputation down the gutter. As far as most Democrats are concerned, that would put her just a few notches above Joe Lieberman on their "worst Democrats for the party, ever" lists.

I just can't believe she'll trash herself like that. Her instincts for self-preservation are too strong.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD