Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 56
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Hardly.

    The mainstream media orchestrated a total blackout of any news relating to Edwards and his affair. When I think we all know if one of the Republican ex-office holders being considered for the VP slot were caught cheating, it would be a huge deal in the press.

    But Edwards is just such a tremendous hypocrite on everything, really. Even for a politician.
    I think it would have been about the same. the only way it would have been worse is if this hypothetical republican had followed the course of the party and been very anti-gay marriage and anti-gay then turned out to be having an affair with a man or caught in an airport bathroom

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Yeah. But Obama knew Ayers, when? Late 90's, early 2000's? It's a bit more up to date.

    If Mccain had dinner with Charles Manson in 1997...I'm sure it would be more of an issue than some affair he had in the 70's.
    he knew a guy, wow. McCain has known some slime too, big difference between knowing someone and being close to them, unless you're sean hannity

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,769
    vCash
    1500
    I love how Edwards gets caught cold and we get a bunch of excuses for him from some.

    And a bunch of hey republicans do the same thing so this should not matter or something to that effect.

    Instead of looking at it like when people get caught in this type of situation their political carrers should be over.

    If they can't make the correct choice when it is a simple situation then how on earth can they be trusted to make the proper decesions when faced with something more serious than cheating on their spouse?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    I imagine Edwards political career isn't over because of this. I mean, Ted Kennedy's a murdering drunk, Robert Byrd's a clan member, and Barney Frank is morally repulsive. And that's just on the left. In the grand scheme of things, if Obama was to win the election and gave Edwards a position or something, does anyone really think he'd lose in 2012 because of that? Not really.

    That being said, I doubt Edwards would have gotten a cabinet position regardless of this affair. He has shown Obama little loyalty. He broke for Obama once it didn't matter, once Obama had the nomination all but locked up. Say what you want about Bill Richardson, but at least he took a stand. He took a huge jump from the Clintons and has set himself up for a cabinet position.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    I love how Edwards gets caught cold and we get a bunch of excuses for him from some.

    And a bunch of hey republicans do the same thing so this should not matter or something to that effect.

    Instead of looking at it like when people get caught in this type of situation their political carrers should be over.

    If they can't make the correct choice when it is a simple situation then how on earth can they be trusted to make the proper decesions when faced with something more serious than cheating on their spouse?
    I don't see many people defending him or what he did. And the tabloid logic that says he couldn't be trusted with bigger decisions because he had an affair just doesn't fly for me. Never has, never will. Again, I'm not defending him, I just don't buy the thinking.
    Last edited by ink; 08-11-2008 at 01:05 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I don't see many people defending him or what he did. And the tabloid logic that says he couldn't be trusted with bigger decisions because he had an affair just doesn't fly for me. Never has, never will. Again, I'm not defending him, I just don't buy the thinking.
    So your assuming that he would not lie about anything else or???

    I don't buy the thinking that he would not lie about another thing regardless.

    He is now a confirmed liar and cheat, I guess we shouldn't look at it that way because...........he only cheated and lied this time I guess
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    So your assuming that he would not lie about anything else or???

    I don't buy the thinking that he would not lie about another thing regardless.

    He is now a confirmed liar and cheat, I guess we shouldn't look at it that way because...........he only cheated and lied this time I guess
    Well, you HAVE just provided a good reason not to vote for John McCain if you want to stick to that thinking. He is also a "confirmed liar and cheat".

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Well, you HAVE just provided a good reason not to vote for John McCain if you want to stick to that thinking. He is also a "confirmed liar and cheat".

    So instead of talking about Edwards getting cold busted and reasons not to trust him we bring up the old McCain does it as well point?

    I am not for McCain what I am for is holding politicians to a higher standard, you know the standard they all seem to preach but not be able to uphold themselves.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    So instead of talking about Edwards getting cold busted and reasons not to trust him we bring up the old McCain does it as well point?

    I am not for McCain what I am for is holding politicians to a higher standard, you know the standard they all seem to preach but not be able to uphold themselves.
    Like I said, I'm not defending Edwards at all. You're the one who has the big issue with it, so apply that higher standard just as harshly to McCain too if you're going to be consistent.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Like I said, I'm not defending Edwards at all. You're the one who has the big issue with it, so apply that higher standard just as harshly to McCain too if you're going to be consistent.
    Got ya

    and I have
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    3,182
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BG7 View Post
    "I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen," - John Edwards, on Bill Clinton, 1999.
    ...not in the least bit suprising.

    The only aspect suprising about this story is that people are even remotely shocked about the news. John Edwards is the quintessential sleazebag. Hollywood with every A-list actor at it's disposal, couldn't recreate a more authentic scumbag politician who exudes as much sleaze as John Edwards.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,250
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Barney Frank is morally repulsive
    Careful there, bb, you're letting your masculinity complex show...
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Careful there, bb, you're letting your masculinity complex show...
    How do you say Barney Frank is moral? Unless you find prostitution rings to be the pinnacle of virtues.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    he knew a guy, wow.
    uhhhh....yeah.

    big difference between knowing someone and being close to them
    What difference does either make?

    He was pretty close to Rev Wright, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by ink
    I don't see many people defending him or what he did. And the tabloid logic that says he couldn't be trusted with bigger decisions because he had an affair just doesn't fly for me. Never has, never will. Again, I'm not defending him, I just don't buy the thinking.
    Edwards is a phony.

    This story is just further proof of that fact. If you want to go through a bullet point list:

    - The whole cerebral paulsy thing as a trial lawyer.
    - His lectures about poverty, and caring about the poor....all the while demonizing the rich, while living in a giant mansion.
    - Cheats on wife

    If you line these things up...it's clear we're dealing with a douche bag.
    Last edited by gcoll; 08-11-2008 at 11:37 PM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,788
    vCash
    1500
    Remember Ronald Reagan, Nancy Reagan and Ross Perot were so upset with how John McCain dealt with his first wife that they didn't forgive him for a very, very long time. Perot still hasn't forgiven him. In fact, he said recently about McCain dumping his first wife for Cindy, "McCain is the classic opportunist. He's always reaching for attention and glory."
    http://www.alternet.org/election08/94550/how_is_john_mccain's_affair_different_from_john_ed wards'/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •