Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Well, uh, I guess he won't be speaking at the convention, then?

That is a bummer, though. I feel bad for his wife - that's a pretty *****y thing to do.

But as any good politician would attempt to do, I see he's chosen his timing well, trying to bury the story in the hoopla of the opening day of the Olympics...
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Well, uh, I guess he won't be speaking at the convention, then?

That is a bummer, though. I feel bad for his wife - that's a pretty *****y thing to do.

But as any good politician would attempt to do, I see he's chosen his timing well, trying to bury the story in the hoopla of the opening day of the Olympics...
    I don't think there were ever plans to have him speak.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    I don't think there were ever plans to have him speak.
    I hadn't heard either way, actually. I was just alluding to the idea that the DNC will most likely do their best to sweep him into the shadows as quickly as possible.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    I'm shocked. A person who lied in court pretending to channel the feelings of babies in the womb, a person who gave 5 figure speeches on poverty, etc isn't a moral person? Shock.

The thing is, and let's be honest, no one would give a **** if Elizabeth Edwards wasn't dying of cancer. Especially when she was the manlier one in the relationship.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

5. 08-09-2008, 04:12 PM
    Reason
    This is not appropriate

vCash
    Not to split hairs here, but he had the affair back in 2006 when the cancer was in remission. So, it's not as though he said to himself "well crap ... she's dying anyway, what does it matter?"

Again, not condoning the affair. And, I am incredibly disappointed seeing as this was a man I devoted a great deal of time and energy into in hopes of seeing him in the Oval Office. But lets at least get facts straight.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I actually didn't know it was in remission at the time. Doesn't make it any better, as you pointed out, but it's an important clarification.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    I actually didn't know it was in remission at the time. Doesn't make it any better, as you pointed out, but it's an important clarification.
    Kinda like how McCain cheated on his wife while she was in the hospital?

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    He's admitted it and that's more than most would do. Now it's private. Between himself and his family. I'd say the same thing for any public figure. People mess up. It doesn't invalidate everything else they do or say. That's why I hate any negative attacks ... from either side.

vCash
    Kinda like how McCain cheated on his wife while she was in the hospital?
    Exactly.

Everybody's all up in arms about "what will this do to the Democratic party?!?', when...

...well, shall we make a list of all the Republican politicians who have cheated on their wives? We could even subdivide it into those who have cheated with women, and... oh, never mind. But it's funny how people get more in a tizzy about it when it's a Democrat, even though it's more hypocritical coming from Republicans, who represent the party that claims to have exclusive ownership of the mantle of "family values".

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Hardly.

The mainstream media orchestrated a total blackout of any news relating to Edwards and his affair. When I think we all know if one of the Republican ex-office holders being considered for the VP slot were caught cheating, it would be a huge deal in the press.

But Edwards is just such a tremendous hypocrite on everything, really. Even for a politician.

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    When I think we all know if one of the Republican ex-office holders being considered for the VP slot were caught cheating, it would be a huge deal in the press.
    They only have themselves to blame for that. The insipid moral majority. Nothing like seeing a pratfall from those that condemn the way they do ... of course the press is all over that. They invite it with their "holier than though" ness. lol.

vCash
    Hardly.

The mainstream media orchestrated a total blackout of any news relating to Edwards and his affair. When I think we all know if one of the Republican ex-office holders being considered for the VP slot were caught cheating, it would be a huge deal in the press.

But Edwards is just such a tremendous hypocrite on everything, really. Even for a politician.
    Dude, um... how much exactly are you hearing in the press about John McCain's affair? And he's the guy the Republicans actually picked, not their "3rd best in the primaries" guy.

The Republican equivalent in terms of stature would be like Giuliani or Huckabee. The Republican equivalent in practice, though, is McCain, and I haven't heard his sordid story mentioned once. Not once.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Dude, um... how much exactly are you hearing in the press about John McCain's affair?
    What year was that in again?

About the story in general. Newsflash: Edwards is a giant douche.

Anyone who didn't know that.....obviously didn't listen to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    What year was that in again?

About the story in general. Newsflash: Edwards is a giant douche.

Anyone who didn't know that.....obviously didn't listen to me.
    And yet they talk about Obama's "connections" to Bill Ayers -- like he's a modern terrorist and not just some washed up radical hippy.

vCash
    And yet they talk about Obama's "connections" to Bill Ayers -- like he's a modern terrorist and not just some washed up radical hippy.
    Yeah. But Obama knew Ayers, when? Late 90's, early 2000's? It's a bit more up to date.

If Mccain had dinner with Charles Manson in 1997...I'm sure it would be more of an issue than some affair he had in the 70's.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast