Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    How do you say Barney Frank is moral? Unless you find prostitution rings to be the pinnacle of virtues.
    Oh, I thought you just meant because he was gay.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    He's admitted it and that's more than most would do. Now it's private. Between himself and his family. I'd say the same thing for any public figure. People mess up. It doesn't invalidate everything else they do or say. That's why I hate any negative attacks ... from either side.
    He admitted it because he got caught by the national enquirer meeting up with her and the stroy wasn't going to go away. I don't think he should be given credit for doing "more than most would do". He got caught and then apologized/came clean. That's what they all would do.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    He admitted it because he got caught by the national enquirer meeting up with her and the stroy wasn't going to go away. I don't think he should be given credit for doing "more than most would do". He got caught and then apologized/came clean. That's what they all would do.
    Ok, it was the National Enquirer. Who fesses up based on the superior investigative qualities of the Enquirer? Because I'm still waiting on the wolf man raised by hyenas that got anal probed by alien vampires.

    It isn't as though it's a serious and legit news source, ya know? The man called ABC News into his house to admit the truth. I'd say that's pretty big.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Ok, it was the National Enquirer. Who fesses up based on the superior investigative qualities of the Enquirer? Because I'm still waiting on the wolf man raised by hyenas that got anal probed by alien vampires.

    It isn't as though it's a serious and legit news source, ya know? The man called ABC News into his house to admit the truth. I'd say that's pretty big.
    You can't be serrious. As one poster on here asked initially, "is this news" because this has been out there for some time. Fox news talked to the body guard who confirmed that Edwards was at the hotel at 2:30 in the morning at least a week ago. The issue isn't the enquirer, it's that this story had been out for a long time. Edwards had been asked about this for awhile and had always denied everything. Only when the evidence began to mount against him did he "come clean" If this wasa a republican, I doubt you would say give him credit for "telling the truth" a year and half after the affair, after he had been caught and his bid for the whitehouse had failed. How you can try to give him credit is dispicable.

    The act of cheating is horrible, IMO, and worse yet the man was willing to risk his party's chances of winning the election on his own selfish ambitions. I wish he would have won the primary because he would have had handed the election to the republicans.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    No, don't worry. If Barney Frank was just some gay liberal representing a very liberal district, I'd be fine with it.

    It's the whole uh-oh with the gay prostitue and him getting a small slap on the wrist that bothers me.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    You can't be serrious. As one poster on here asked initially, "is this news" because this has been out there for some time. Fox news talked to the body guard who confirmed that Edwards was at the hotel at 2:30 in the morning at least a week ago. The issue isn't the enquirer, it's that this story had been out for a long time. Edwards had been asked about this for awhile and had always denied everything. Only when the evidence began to mount against him did he "come clean" If this wasa a republican, I doubt you would say give him credit for "telling the truth" a year and half after the affair, after he had been caught and his bid for the whitehouse had failed. How you can try to give him credit is dispicable.

    The act of cheating is horrible, IMO, and worse yet the man was willing to risk his party's chances of winning the election on his own selfish ambitions. I wish he would have won the primary because he would have had handed the election to the republicans.
    Oh absolutely! Because McCain is so morally upstanding.

    I never once said that what Edwards did was right. And, it's not as though I'm giving him a pass on his extra-marital affair. But, he did come out and ultimately tell the truth. I'll give him credit for that. And beyond the affair, I'll give him credit for the issues he pushed. John Edwards was at the forefront of policy discussion from the beginning of the campaign until he ultimately bowed out.

    It isn't as though this is a Larry Craig incidenct, either. It isn't like Edwards admitted to doing it, and then backed off with some weak excuse. Nor does Edwards hold any public office -- or did at the time of the affair. But, Edwards did a bad thing. And, considering I've been a strong Edwards backer for five years I'm crushed by it. I personally feel betrayed.

    Do I give credit where I feel credit is due? Sure. And it doesn't matter if there's a 'D" or "R" behind the name ... or who the person is affiliated with. But, it takes a big wo/man to come out and admit to an affair, even in the face of mounting evidence.

    But, way to play the partisan card.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    No, don't worry. If Barney Frank was just some gay liberal representing a very liberal district, I'd be fine with it.

    It's the whole uh-oh with the gay prostitue and him getting a small slap on the wrist that bothers me.
    why does that bother you? It's a misdemeanor. Besides, it doesn't show blatant hypocrisy and outward homophobia as an alternate lifestyle like say.....Larry Craig, or a leader of a conservative church in Utah.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,813
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Oh absolutely! Because McCain is so morally upstanding.

    I never once said that what Edwards did was right. And, it's not as though I'm giving him a pass on his extra-marital affair. But, he did come out and ultimately tell the truth. I'll give him credit for that. And beyond the affair, I'll give him credit for the issues he pushed. John Edwards was at the forefront of policy discussion from the beginning of the campaign until he ultimately bowed out.

    It isn't as though this is a Larry Craig incidenct, either. It isn't like Edwards admitted to doing it, and then backed off with some weak excuse. Nor does Edwards hold any public office -- or did at the time of the affair. But, Edwards did a bad thing. And, considering I've been a strong Edwards backer for five years I'm crushed by it. I personally feel betrayed.

    Do I give credit where I feel credit is due? Sure. And it doesn't matter if there's a 'D" or "R" behind the name ... or who the person is affiliated with. But, it takes a big wo/man to come out and admit to an affair, even in the face of mounting evidence.

    But, way to play the partisan card.

    I didn't diminish any of Edwards good deeds or past political accomplishments. All I'm saying is that I don't think he deserves any credit for telling the truth when he did so only after all the evidence was mounted against him. How the issue effects your thoughts on the man or his legacy or accomplishments are in the eye of the beholder. I just take issue with you saying he should be given credit because told the truth. The truth is he lied for at least 9 months about it and then admitted it after he was no longer going to be President or Vice President. It's basically what Hillary was telling people to be affraid of with Obama, a big issue that could come out and derail the campaign.

    As a republican, I would be livid if McCain or whoever the canidate was, put the party at risk so selfishly. Yes, I know McCain cheated in the past, but as we come up to the election an issue that comes out of nowhere has the potential to be deadly. It would be like if McCain knew his cancer had reoccured and tried to hide it, knowing there was a risk it could get out, so he could try to be the nominee, knowing that if it got out, the party would certainly lose.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,813
    vCash
    1500
    Also, I believe there is more to this story than Edwards has admitted. I heard David Gergen say that "I'm sure there are people out there that believe John Edward's story, I just haven't talked to any of them" yesterday. So I think ultimately you are giving him credit for telling the truth, that isn't the complete truth. If you read about the money from Edwards as well as his PAC going to this women, I bet there will be more to this story.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    No, don't worry. If Barney Frank was just some gay liberal representing a very liberal district, I'd be fine with it.

    It's the whole uh-oh with the gay prostitue and him getting a small slap on the wrist that bothers me.
    Well, unfortunately for Republicans, "straight" Republicans have a worse track record with gay male prostitutes than gay Democratic ones do.

    Hell, at least ol' Barney there isn't repressing his sexuality like probably about 10% (or maybe 9%, if we generously allow for Log Cabin membership) of Republican politicians are - as they hypocritically condemn the lack of morality and family values in the Democratic Party. What a sham.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,138
    vCash
    1400
    This thread is awesome. Reminds me of all the class acts representing both of these great parties.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •