Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: The Olympic Ads

vCash

The Olympic Ads

Here they are:

McCain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWXqpHEsrxc

Obama: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1717903009

I think it's pretty clear that each candidate is sticking with their standard strategy. Which one will be more effective during the Olympics?

Please keep your posts relevant to this main question.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    I love McCain's ads. They show large crowds chanting "Obama!" I think they'll ultimately prove counter-productive to the McCain cause.

I don't think we'll see a need from the Obama camp to go largely negative. He may offer some compare-contrast ads in September/October, and he'll have a very effective dis-information ground campaign by mid-October in lit form, but he'll be able to personally stay above the fray.

McCain has gone negative really early. And, I don't think his tactic will play well during the Olympics when the nation is feeling a sense of hope (sorry, cliche word this cycle) surrounding our athletes at the games. The average viewer isn't going to want to be pelted with negative-negative-negative after watching Michael Phelps win gold in record time.

I like the Obama direction ... but then again, I'm a Dem.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    maybe it's just me, but one looks like an attack ad and one looks like a positive outlook with policy information.

I also like the fact that Obama doesn't make one reference or picture of McCain in his ad.

positive substance will play better, especially if they are both played about the same amount

vCash
    What has the Republican attack machine done to my dear old John McCain?

vCash
    That is not the John McCain of 8 years ago..

Which is also why I'm not voting for him this time around.

The McCain ad had me turned off within 5 seconds.. the Obama campaign left me feeling good about the future of our country. That is what a Presidential Campaign is supposed to look like.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    McCain making the only non-only Obama cover in that ad, of Obama and Jamie Lynn Spears. They continue with the black man / blonde woman thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sboyajian View Post
    That is not the John McCain of 8 years ago..

Which is also why I'm not voting for him this time around.

The McCain ad had me turned off within 5 seconds.. the Obama campaign left me feeling good about the future of our country. That is what a Presidential Campaign is supposed to look like.
    It's sad what he's lowered himself to. Karl Rove would be proud of this one. It combines lies, misconception, classism, and subconscious racism into one 30 second clip.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information