Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Current ranking

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,243
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by cambovenzi View Post
    umm...
    3rd in passing yards.
    3rd in YPG and yards.
    97.4 QB rating was 5th.
    2nd best YPA at 8.1
    36 tds, 2nd best.

    his stats are right there with the best of them.
    yes, he had TO, and witten. but he still performed very well.
    for one year when he basically had the starting lineup of the allstar team and still couldnt win a playoff game

    if he can repeat solid stats for another 2-3 years maybe he can be in the company of these PROVEN vets who produce year after year

    again thats my same beef with adrian peterson and patrick willis one good year and people hand them the crown of #1 because willis had one year of inflated stats or peterson still couldnt stay healthy

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,524
    vCash
    1500
    1.Peyton Manning
    2.Tom Brady
    3.Brett Favre
    4.Carson Palmer
    5.Drew Brees

    3-5 are fairly close, IMO.


    Thank you BostonRichie for this wonderful sig!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    877
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    for one year when he basically had the starting lineup of the allstar team and still couldnt win a playoff game

    if he can repeat solid stats for another 2-3 years maybe he can be in the company of these PROVEN vets who produce year after year

    again thats my same beef with adrian peterson and patrick willis one good year and people hand them the crown of #1 because willis had one year of inflated stats or peterson still couldnt stay healthy
    You know if your going to use the "until they do it more then one year" thing, dont you think that the whole "Peterson still couldnt stay healthy" saying is kind of being hypocritical, its like you say, give him 2-3 years, from what i remember, a CB dived straight at his knee and his collarbone came from landing weirdly after flipping into the endzone
    Greatness takes Time

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKaine View Post
    yea but manning and the colts didn't have to pay 750,000 dollars to get their championship
    I was like $750,000???? Ohhhh!!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    I am very surprised with the lack of love for Ben Roethlisberger.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    What point is that? If Romo can win a playoff game, and if he continues with his progression, then yes he is a top 5. Until that happens, he is on the outside looking in for now. Plug Favre, Palmer, or Brees in with that Cowgirls offense, and they would do just as well if not better. Romo hasn't proven he can lead that very stacked team to a playoff win, let alone the Superbowl.
    THe Cowboys haven't been stacked until this year. Two years ago you wouldn't even mention Witten, Barber as top players at there position. If you had any sense you would notice that it doesn't take just a QB to win a playoff game. Not to mention that the Cowboys are the 3rd youngest team in the league. I'm going to remember your name so i can rube that **** in once he "proves himself." You have so much garbage in your head you can't see what's really there. You're a fool for under estamating Romo. I wouldn't expect you to know what your talking about because I know you're not a Cowboys fan. Things barely got good for us last year and things have develope into a contender. Lets see what you have to say at the end of this year.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    1. Brady
    2. Manning
    3. Favre
    4. Romo
    5. Brees
    6. Palmer
    7. Roethlisberger

    I was thinking of putting Brady and Manning 1-2 but what would then be the point of ranking them?

    Favre just makes things happen around him. While Romo may be a "great" soon, that's a term I use sparingly. Surely not within two seasons in the league. Manning and Brady are great. Montana, Marino, Kelly, Elway, etc were great. Favre still has flashes of his greatness. Romo is very good and shows promise, but not great. Not yet.
    THis is a very good post. Favre, in his 3 years as the dynamite player of the league, established himself as a great player at a very young age. He was a crazy animal out there who was putting up amazing stats. He finally gets over the hump, wins the Super Bowl, and is overwhelmingly the best player in the league. Romo hasn't done anything close yet. That's not to say he won't, but he hasn't.



  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    THis is a very good post. Favre, in his 3 years as the dynamite player of the league, established himself as a great player at a very young age. He was a crazy animal out there who was putting up amazing stats. He finally gets over the hump, wins the Super Bowl, and is overwhelmingly the best player in the league. Romo hasn't done anything close yet. That's not to say he won't, but he hasn't.
    I can deal with that. Well, this would be Romo's 3rd year. Lets see if he becomes a dynamite player.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,959
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    lol at brady being ahead of manning....

    if manning had the best oline ever to play and had 50 seconds to throw the ball, moss, and watson, he would have thrown 85 tds.
    i agree

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,173
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 18colts29 View Post
    So I guess you a saying Terry Bradshaw is greater than Peyton Manning, Brett Farve and Dan Marino since he has 4 championships. Championships are overated, when you compare how good a player is. Peyton Manning would have 3 or 4 as well if he had the defense Brady has had his whole career. One player doesnt win a Super Bowl, it's a whole team.
    Thank you, championships are earned by teams.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs View Post
    THe Cowboys haven't been stacked until this year. Two years ago you wouldn't even mention Witten, Barber as top players at there position. If you had any sense you would notice that it doesn't take just a QB to win a playoff game. Not to mention that the Cowboys are the 3rd youngest team in the league. I'm going to remember your name so i can rube that **** in once he "proves himself." You have so much garbage in your head you can't see what's really there. You're a fool for under estamating Romo. I wouldn't expect you to know what your talking about because I know you're not a Cowboys fan. Things barely got good for us last year and things have develope into a contender. Lets see what you have to say at the end of this year.
    idk how ur going to RUBE anything in my face... i think u need to stay in school cuz ur spelling is horrendous. u think romo is third best and ur a cowgirls fan, clearly that is an unbiased opinion . actually, two years ago i would have mentioned witten as one of the best TE's. ur right it doesnt just take a QB, but when a QB holds the team back from winning he takes the blame. ur not helping urself with ur argument really, so continue on good sir. like i said, if romo can continue with the production and actually get his team somewhere, then i will put him in the upper tier of QB's. there is no excuse for him not getting the cowgirls past the first round. he has a stacked team around him, and he had a bad game against the giants. he held them back in the playoffs. once he stops doing that he'll get more recognition. u cant say this guy is great when he's only been a starter for one year. he needs to be consistent over the years like manning and favre before he is in their class. try to formulate a real argument too buddy. saying i dont know anything because im not a cowgirls fan sounds pretty f'n stupid coming from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,649
    vCash
    1500
    1. Manning
    2. Brady
    3. Romo
    4. Favre

    For all those Romo haters, the guy didn't win two playoff games, so what. He shouldn't have been the holder in the Seatle game and that ball was so slippery it was noticeably darker. And they probably would have won last year if Crayton could catch a ball.

    Which brings me to my next point, he doesn't have an all-star team. Yea, the Cowboys are really good, but how many of you Romo haters said that those pro owlers didn't deserve to be there. I'll agree that they have a very good team, but the number of pro bowlers is overblown. For having Crayton as his number 2 his numbers are pretty ridiculous. He's clearly top 5. He isn't gona fall of, there is absolutely nothing that could make one honestly think that. Unless there is a freak injury, but who could predict that.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    6,189
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs View Post
    I can deal with that. Well, this would be Romo's 3rd year. Lets see if he becomes a dynamite player.
    actually this is going to be his 6th year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,747
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    lol at brady being ahead of manning....

    if manning had the best oline ever to play and had 50 seconds to throw the ball, moss, and watson, he would have thrown 85 tds.
    LOL, Manning has one hell of an oline, reggie wayne, marvin harrison, and dallas clark! Brady was winning championships with the likes of David Givens, Deion Branch, and David Patten! He should be ahead of Manning!


    PSD Patriots Forum Hall Of Fame Class Of 2010

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    Idk how you're going to RUBE anything in my face... I think u need to stay in school because youíre spelling is horrendous. You think romo is third best and youíre a cowgirls fan, clearly that is an unbiased opinion . Actually, two years ago I would have mentioned Witten as one of the best TE's. Youíre right it doesnít just take a QB, but when a QB holds the team back from winning he takes the blame. Youíre not helping yourself with your argument really, so continue on good sir. Like I said, if romo can continue with the production and actually get his team somewhere, then I will put him in the upper tier of QB's. There is no excuse for him not getting the cowgirls past the first round. He has a stacked team around him, and he had a bad game against the giants. He held them back in the playoffs. Once he stops doing that he'll get more recognition. You canít say this guy is great when he's only been a starter for one year. He needs to be consistent over the years like manning and Favre before he is in their class. Try to formulate a real argument too buddy. Saying I donít know anything because I'm not a cowgirls fan sounds pretty f'n stupid coming from you.

    For being so educated why must you resort to such filth? You obviously think that I'm not schooled because I misspelled a few words but you bare to notice your own ignorance. If you want to be technical, Romo lost in the 2nd round last year. I didn't intend to argue with you. In fact it was your own infatuation on the Cowgirls that brought light to the subject. You keep thinking your right so you can sleep at night but just remember that ignorance is only bliss to the IGNORANT. Anybody can make sense of things by throwing a bunch of words at it. You might have a point in your own mind but the only thing you know about the COWGIRLS is what's reported on Sports Center. Educate yourself and come back with some real arguments and maybe we could actually go somewhere with this. The only thing Iíve learned from you is that Romo plays for the Cow Girls and heís not great.



    PS. Having spell check doesn't make you educated

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •