Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

National ID card?

Can someone educated me on the National ID card? I just read on Bob Barr's website that both McCain and Obama both support the ID card. Supposably it is going to put more restrictions on American's and threaten civil liberties even more. What is everyone's feeling on this?

vCash
    It is generally a good idea. People freak out because they think it's a invasion of privacy.. we already have the invasion it's called the Patriot Act.

The National ID is a very good idea.. people will argue, however when you live and work in an area which is made up of like 50% military and government workers.. you would agree it's a good idea.

Unfortunately you'll never find an unbiased article about it.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

vCash
    However (from my simple understanding of this issue), your current drivers license/state id could be considered the National ID card -- assuming your states that it is ok to do so.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    I think I saw this in Zeitgeist...just another way to monitor absolutely everybody. Soon we'll be getting chips implanted into us at birth...oh wait, some parents are already doing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUGS1688 View Post
    Can someone educated me on the National ID card? I just read on Bob Barr's website that both McCain and Obama both support the ID card. Supposably it is going to put more restrictions on American's and threaten civil liberties even more. What is everyone's feeling on this?
    The "Real ID" law?

It's nothing. People sometimes think it's some sort of new "national id card"...but it's just a minimum set of standards for state IDs. A lot of states have already passed it, and you may already be walking around with one.

I think I saw this in Zeitgeist
    That's probably your problem. That movie, doesn't really contain any facts.

vCash
    Are these ID's just going to be plastic, or contain tracking/gps chips like the new passports?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BG7 View Post
    Are these ID's just going to be plastic, or contain tracking/gps chips like the new passports?
    Take out your wallet. Look at your driver's license. That's the ID.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PUGS1688 View Post
    i dont think it will happen. i think obama and mccain are knowledgable enough to acknowledge that illegals keep a lot of "american" made goods cheap. they also take all the jobs that no one else wants. i guess it's a matter of enforcement but i seriously doubt they'll try to break the backbone of america.
    actually, i suppose they can always have prison camps do all the work that illegals do now. i dont think it's too far fetched.

vCash
    I believe it is just an ID card version of the passport.. I dont think it is a bad idea, but i dont believe the rumors that there is a gps chip inside it..

vCash
    The actual National ID idea is an awful idea which is terrible for civil liberties and America in general. People like Ron Paul, Barr, and other libertarians are incredibly opposed to the idea. But it's different than the real id act. So I'm not sure which one you're refering to.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    There's a GPS chip in passports, soon there will be laws that you have to have a national ID on you at all times, then there will be GPS chips in them...it never ends. It's just another step in a long list of ways our civil liberties are being taken from us.

vCash
    The national ID or real ID program is just another way of chipping away at our civil liberties. Another way for congress to pull the wool over our eyes and tuck us back under our government security blanket. Don't worry, the plastic card in your wallet will protect you from terrorists.

We are losing the war on terrorism. Not because we've been hit by terrorists, but because our lives are still being affected daily by the threat of terrorism.

Living in freedom involves risk. Each additional security measure enacted is a trade in exchange for freedom. The Patriot Act has already taken our rights as American citizens and pissed on them. I wasn't born in country that could look at my medical records without a warrant, but I live in one now. I wasn't born in a country that could listen to my phone calls without a warrant, but I live in one now. I wasn't born in a country that could look at my library records, internet usage, and travel plans, but I've lost the right to keep all of those things private.

If you aren't outraged by what is happening in this country (and I mean IN this country... you don't have to look overseas), you aren't paying close enough attention.

NO to the National ID Card.

vCash
    the Real ID would basically combine other IDs such as driver's license, SS, etc, into one card.

it would make it easier to track americans, but would also cut out a great deal of beauracratic clutter. and we have much more serious civil liberties threats to deal with, starting with the fact that we can't even live our own lives and make our own choices anymore.

Seriously, who else are you gonna vote for?!

vCash
    The national ID or real ID program is just another way of chipping away at our civil liberties
    How?

(be specific)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    There's a GPS chip in passports
    No, I don't think so. There are RFID (radio frequency identification) chips in U.S. passports. These enable remote checking of your passport with electronic readers at customs gates and other places where passport checks are required. The trouble with these is that the chips can contain more information than your actual passport does, and some of that information could be misused by the people who have access to it.

But as far as I know, there are no GPS chips in passports that enable anybody to track movement or pinpoint location.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast