First of all, I'd like to explain infraction and banning policies:
• Infractions are a formal warning system used by moderators if someone is breaking a rule. If you receive one, you are notified via private message. The infraction is stored in your profile for only moderators to see. If you accumulate infractions, you may eventually face a ban depending on their timing and severity.
• Bans can be handed out after several infractions or immediately depending on the offense. Simply put however, follow the rules listed below and these things will not be an issue.
Infractions and bans can be given for violating any of the following rules:
1) Signatures. You can add a photo signature after you've posted 100 times.
Size standards: Please limit the size of the photo to 500 wide x 170 tall (pixels). The photos you use should not be hot-linked. Please host them on a site such photobucket.com or imageshack.us. Any videos that exceed the size limit are also not allowed.
Multiple images are allowed in signatures, but only if they combine to equal no more than 500 X 170. This goes for user bars as well. If you have a user bar, please compensate for its height by lowering the height of the main signature.
We'll allow two lines of text of standard size with the signature, but no quotes, they are simply too large.
If you don't have images, you can have up to three quotes.
Content Standards: These will be strictly enforced. Nudity or things that you wouldn't want work colleagues or family members to see in signatures are not acceptable. There have been a lot of signatures lately pushing this. Please ask yourself before you put on the signature if it is questionable. If it is questionable, just find something else.
Signatures that show any of the following will be considered as a violation of the rules here on PSD:
• Sexually provocative images
• Illegal drugs
• Curse words or images representing foul language
• Baiting other teams or users
We also reserve the right to moderate borderline sigs not mentioned here. We want a professional standard on the site so your cooperation is appreciated.
For more info on signatures, go to this thread: Signature Requirements .
2) Flaming. I know things can get pretty heated when you're discussing sports, but there's no need to get personal. Anyone who engages in name-calling, baiting, etc faces warnings via infractions and an eventual ban.
3) Baiting. This is deliberately initiating a fight with another poster. Please keep good quality debate and don't try and coax someone into a personal fight.
4) Trolling. Please do not go in to any forum and post comments that are primarily intended to get a negative reaction or antagonize another poster. The trolling rules will be enforced in both the sports forums and the discussion forums. An example of trolling a sports forum would be going in to competitor’s team forum to boast about your team or trash their team.
5) Disruptive behavior. Anything that appears designed to disrupt the peace and flow of the forum including personal attacks, hijacking/derailing threads and disagreeing just to cause fights will count as disruptive behavior.
6) Racism, Religious Bigotry or Sexual Orientation Bigotry. You risk an immediate ban if your post is determined to contain Racism or Bigotry of this nature.
7) Foul language. The forums have a filter to keep out certain curse words. This is to keep the forum quality high, user friendly, and not violate the terms and conditions of the advertising networks. Please do not go around the filters. If you are angry during a game and curse, let the word filter out. The moderators will likely not give you trouble for this unless it becomes constant. This does not mean however you can start cursing at other posters. That is flaming/baiting. Writing anything like "banned" underneath your username will also count as going around the filters.
8) Posting Images & Embedded videos. This is something only to be done by moderators and team managers to make certain threads more attractive.
9) Copyrights. If you're going to post stuff from another site, here's the format you should use:
Chicago Sun-Times: "The Washington Times became the latest to float the notion that Baker is searching for a bailout. The Times published a story that claims Baker has told associates he would be open to jumping ship from the Cubs and landing in Washington, with Nationals manager Frank Robinson ascending into the GM's chair."
Always include a link and make sure that the quote is only a couple of paragraphs hitting the key points.
Do not post articles found on pay / subscription sites. That stuff is off limits.
10) Spamming, and linking to other forums. We don't allow users to link to their own sites in an attempt to gain hits. We especially do not allow linking to other forums.
11) Usernames. Do not create more than one. If you do, your account will be banned. Username changes are no longer allowed. They ruin any automation with the fantasy games on the site and changing them for some and others is not fair. Please keep your username.
Unacceptable usernames will be banned outright. Please do not bait with your username choice.
12) Selling. Do not use the forums to sell tickets or other merchandise. This isn't EBay. If you'd like to quietly try and sell your tickets you can't use to a fellow fan for face value or lower you may.
13) Post Padding. Please do not post meaningless posts in an attempt to drive up your post count. This clutters the forum and lowers the quality.
14) Off Topic. Please keep threads on topic. We have an off topic forum where you can talk about whatever you want, but it is important to the flow of the forums that threads remain on topic. Posts that derail a thread will be looked at as off-topic and disruptive.
15) Backseat moderating or pretending to be a mod. It is the moderator's job to moderate the forums. So if you are not a mod, please do not act like one.
16) Thread Tags. If you are making thread tags, please treat them like you would a thread title and enter appropriate tags. Otherwise, you are subject to an infraction.
17) Bans. If you get banned, go to the Village of the Banned forum to find why your account was suspended and how long your ban will last.
DO NOT create a new username so that you can post while banned. If you don't wait out your temp ban, you risk getting all of your accounts banned permanently.
18) Spoilers. If you spoil a movie or a show for anyone without including it in the thread title, you will be given an infraction for disruptive behavior. It is not fair to spoil a show or a movie to those who may have not seen the show or the movie before.
19) Porn. Any type of porn posted will result in an immediate ban. It will not be tolerated by any means. The same thing goes for those who quote porn as well.
20) Illegal drugs. Speaking about using or advertising any kind of illegal drugs is not allowed on the site whether it be in a post, PM, sig or a VM. You will be sent a warning via PM the first time you do it, and will get an infraction after doing it the first time. Discussion of their legality is allowed, however.
21) Editing someone's quotes when replying to posts. If a user replies to a post and edits the quote in a negative fashion where it insults, baits or trolls the other poster, the user editing the quote will receive a warning. Any subsequent times where a user is caught editing a quote, they will receive an infraction or will be banned depending on the severity.
22) Glorifying/Naming banned users. We would prefer that there not be threads created with the intent to honor/glorify a banned user.
23) Religion in threads & posts. Please avoid these discussions as they become heated and controversial.
24) Abusing/Misusing Smilies. Any user who misuses the smilies to bait or troll another user will receive a warning for the first offense and an infraction for any subsequent offenses.
If you want to dispute your ban, you may e-mail me through this form. Please be sure to include your username and any links in question of the situation.
Last edited by dbroncos78087; 01-21-2011 at 06:45 PM.