Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    sounds like yahoo knows what theyre talkin about..

vCash
    It's absolutly fine with any talk geeeemen, I just wasn't sure if you were a real *******, or just messing. But I now know your just messing around.

The rest was just my way of talking some smack, and ofcourse I know a few big keys of you team were injured or not starting. Thats why I said and still think you could have a better team then me.

vCash
    We'll see week 1... Now watch my entire team get injured this pre-season
    Last edited by The GEEEEE Men; 08-07-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBlueBlood View Post
    Cellmate didn't even show up for the draft and he's second in power rankings huh. lol Maybe next year none of us should show up and just see what happens!
    Know whats wierd... I have two championships in Yahoo! FF. 05' and 06'. In both of those championships - I never picked the team. It was automated.

The ones I did select my own guys, I didn't fair off too well.

Well, guess what... I selected for this years draft.

vCash
    i usually have bad drafts and then make it up through out the season w managing. min 30 is fast to pick your guys, but what can you do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    i usually have bad drafts
    We've noticed.

min 30 is fast to pick your guys, but what can you do?
    It's plenty of time if you do your homework and come with a plan. Our draft lasted just over two hours...that's fast?

vCash
    It felt like it took long overall, but bennymac is right - the decisions that one can make are endless at times. And with the time alloted, it doesn't seem like enough time. But I think it's plenty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    It felt like it took long overall, but bennymac is right - the decisions that one can make are endless at times. And with the time alloted, it doesn't seem like enough time. But I think it's plenty.
    I find it really helps to do two things:

1. Make my own cheat sheet...and then TRUST it. I rank all the decent players by position, and I only shuffle the order if there is an issue with players from the same team or bye week (for example, even though I had TO ranked higher, I drafted Braylon Edwards instead because I already had Marion Barber and didn't want my RB1 and WR1 off the same week...and that I really hate TO and the Cowboys on top of it...this way I never have to root for TO or the team to get points...just Barber). If you TRUST your rankings, then you don't have to sit there and potentially run out of time debating a handful of players. If you need a WR, simply grab the highest one from your list. If you rank them, there's no reason to debate among 3 WRs (unless there is a bye-week conflict that you want to avoid, but then you just go to the next guy on your list).

2. Come with a general plan on what positions you want to take in each round. Since we start 3 WRs, I wanted to focus on them early to avoid having a total dud as WR3. So I grabbed RB-WR-WR-WR-WR in the first five rounds. Of course, I started weighing the best RB available vs. the best WR available starting in round 4...but then I'm just debating two guys...not a whole pile of players from various positions. I also determine when I'll start looking at TEs and QBs. I won't touch a TE before round 6. Since all the elite ones are usually gone by the end of the fourth, I can hold off until rounds 8 to 10 to get a "middle of the road guy." For QB, I try to target good values in rounds 6 through 10, guess where they'll be drafted, and try to nab them just before that time. This year, I targeted David Garrard and Jason Campbell...but some punk swiped Garrard out from under me a few picks earlier than I expected. So plan B was Campbell and Rogers...who I almost lost to Sean. I'd have been seriously hosed if he did that.

Both of these tasks keep me from freelancing while the clock is ticking...although I'll sometimes take a random flyer on a potential breakout player in the later rounds (I picked Anthony Gonzalez this year).

Anyway, this system works for me, and I'm very rarely pressed for time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreep View Post
    I find it really helps to do two things:

1. Make my own cheat sheet...and then TRUST it. I rank all the decent players by position, and I only shuffle the order if there is an issue with players from the same team or bye week (for example, even though I had TO ranked higher, I drafted Braylon Edwards instead because I already had Marion Barber and didn't want my RB1 and WR1 off the same week...and that I really hate TO and the Cowboys on top of it...this way I never have to root for TO or the team to get points...just Barber). If you TRUST your rankings, then you don't have to sit there and potentially run out of time debating a handful of players. If you need a WR, simply grab the highest one from your list. If you rank them, there's no reason to debate among 3 WRs (unless there is a bye-week conflict that you want to avoid, but then you just go to the next guy on your list).

2. Come with a general plan on what positions you want to take in each round. Since we start 3 WRs, I wanted to focus on them early to avoid having a total dud as WR3. So I grabbed RB-WR-WR-WR-WR in the first five rounds. Of course, I started weighing the best RB available vs. the best WR available starting in round 4...but then I'm just debating two guys...not a whole pile of players from various positions. I also determine when I'll start looking at TEs and QBs. I won't touch a TE before round 6. Since all the elite ones are usually gone by the end of the fourth, I can hold off until rounds 8 to 10 to get a "middle of the road guy." For QB, I try to target good values in rounds 6 through 10, guess where they'll be drafted, and try to nab them just before that time. This year, I targeted David Garrard and Jason Campbell...but some punk swiped Garrard out from under me a few picks earlier than I expected. So plan B was Campbell and Rogers...who I almost lost to Sean. I'd have been seriously hosed if he did that.

Both of these tasks keep me from freelancing while the clock is ticking...although I'll sometimes take a random flyer on a potential breakout player in the later rounds (I picked Anthony Gonzalez this year).

Anyway, this system works for me, and I'm very rarely pressed for time.
    Umm... heeeeeeell no. Not for a free league.

They're free! Now, if I was entering a league that cost me $70 to get in, and with a possibility of winning big bux, then, I would totally prepare the way you did.

For you bunch of mongrols - I won't put in that much effort.

besides, I have nothing to lose.

vCash
    Umm... heeeeeeell no. Not for a free league.

They're free! Now, if I was entering a league that cost me $70 to get in, and with a possibility of winning big bux, then, I would totally prepare the way you did.

For you bunch of mongrols - I won't put in that much effort.

besides, I have nothing to lose.
    Haha...I actually don't particpate in any pay leagues. I have horrible luck. If I pay, I'm sure to lose. But I do play in about 5 free leagues, a couple of which I commish. Some of them are very competitive, some are more for fun. I do all that research and then use the same cheat sheets for all my leagues (the scoring is usually pretty similar). I didn't do all that work just for this one league.

One thing all that research helps me with is getting acquainted with players I'm unfamiliar with. It helps to find some gems in the later rounds.

vCash
    ill get to this post as well but just gotta say that kreep, your name serves right. so clueless. MM we shouldve left him out when you brought it to my attention. ill be back. busy *****ing out his whiny other posts.. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreep View Post
    We've noticed.

It's plenty of time if you do your homework and come with a plan. Our draft lasted just over two hours...that's fast?
    really thats enough said. except for MMs flip flop at the end.
    listen if you want to "do your homework" for your 20 leagues then go for it. me? my life is just a lil too busy for all that, especially on a FREE league lol, but hey do your thing pal.
    and i never said my draft was bad, i said USUALLY. i liked my draft. and i did it flying off the cuff which is a better way to do it imo because you get a feel for the guys rather than sticking to a piece of paper of info you got from brandon funston and brad evans.
    with that said, yes overall the draft is long, but you cant pick your players while youre waiting for other to pick and when its your turn you got a minute to decide. does it make it tougher to draft like that, yes, which is why i said i wish i had more time. if you stick to your list, you only need 20 seconds or less even. personally i think thats wack. and if thats the case you should just set your draft and autopick.
    when you set a cheat sheet and dont waver from it, you have zero feel for the draft and how players are moving and what other mgrs are picking for. just takes away from the human element and getting a feel for guys you think will do well. having research and stats are all well and good but its always a 'what have you done for me lately' league and guys go for zeros to heros and vice versa very quickly, with only a handful of guys staples every year.
    now in my draft in late august, that IS for money, i will do more research but i wanted this first draft of mine to be a mock in a way for my next one, because that IS for money, which i took 2nd in last year. 1200 prize pool this year. big stakes.
    and kreep, i guess every league has to have them but try not to be the horribly annoying rimjob of the league, makes things alot more fun.

vCash
    yea im doin a $1200 prize pool league too.. that's when every pick REALLY counts, we get 3 minutes per pick for first 3 rounds and then 5 minutes per pick for the rest of the draft.
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    wow...this was my first... moderately good draft

vCash
    ill be back. busy *****ing out his whiny other posts.. lol.
    Looks like I'm the one who hit a nerve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast