9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 66.67%
  • No

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Lightbulb Milestone Bonuses: Accepted

Just let me know if your feeling this...

We set some mile markers for performance acheivments. For example, say LaTo (there's only one real LT ) runs for 300 yards in one game.

You would all agree that is an impressive feat! Right? So why not receive [a] point(s) for it!

Anyway - here's the deal. Yahoo! offers three bonus categories in which WE would set what the mile marker would be. If anyone of us hits the mile marker in that category, we cash in.

Here are the categories...

Passing
    Rushing
    Receiving

You can have up to three bonuses awarded under each category. They are each only awarded one time.

So for example, we set 400 yards in one game as a marker for passing. If anyones QB hits that during the season - you cash in on point(s). It's only awarded once - unless we select to award three bonuses.

The other option is to have the bonuses set in increments.

For example: We set it to three bonuses in each category. Remember that each is awarded only once during the season. We set the first to 300 yrds passing for a 1pt bonus. Next one we set to 400 yd for a 2pts bonus. Last one at 500yds. for a 3pt bonus.

I like the idea. But I'd like to get everyones opinion. I can add this feature at anytime.

I need to know these four things from you.

1. Are you down with this feature?

If you said yes - continue. If you said no, take a hike - you're done here .

2. If so, for which categories? Passing/Receiving/Rushing (or all three)
    3. How many bonuses should we give out under that category: 1, 2, or 3?
    4. What should be the mile marker for each bonus, under each category you have chosen? You decide!
    5. How many points should be awarded for reaching the feat(s) which you specified?

Thanks for the help!
    MM
    Last edited by musclemenace; 08-05-2008 at 11:21 AM.

vCash
    No.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    No.

vCash
    1) yes i love this
    2) Passing, Rushing and Receiving
    3) 1 bonus for each
    4) 3 points for passing 400 yards, 3 points for rushing 200 yards, and 3 points for receiving 200 yards...
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    yes! never done this before and I want to try something new!
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    1) yes i love this
    2) Passing, Rushing and Receiving
    3) 1 bonus for each
    4) 3 points for passing 400 yards, 3 points for rushing 200 yards, and 3 points for receiving 200 yards...
    Ditto

vCash
    :Anything to spice this **** up

vCash
    sounds cool..i'm down

vCash
    My friend tried this in his last league and all 14 members agreed it sucked. Say LT runs for 198 yards while AP get 201, why should he set several more points? The whole milestone idea is terrible.

vCash
    i agree

vCash
    Absolutely not. This post-draft rule changing sucks.

I did my homework and checked the site before the draft. No ppr. I drafted accordingly. Now, we have ppr and ppcomp. Had this been set beforehand, I would have taken Reggie Bush when he was available to me in the 4th. Since he's not a great runner, I opted for another position. Now, I'm stuck with Thomas Jones and Selvin Young, neither of which are known for catching balls. This rule change immediately weakened my RB corps.

"Meaning to change the rules" and actually changing the rules are two different things, and the rules should not change after the draft. It's very uncool.

Any more rule changes...ESPECIALLY scoring rule changes...should be shelved for discussion next year.

I think this bonus idea is horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSBrepeat View Post
    My friend tried this in his last league and all 14 members agreed it sucked. Say LT runs for 198 yards while AP get 201, why should he set several more points? The whole milestone idea is terrible.
    well i did it last year as well and i thought it was great... if LT gets 98 points and AP get 101 then LT misses out on the point.. that's just part of fantasy
    Last edited by The GEEEEE Men; 08-05-2008 at 05:18 PM.
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    I think its fine either way but if you do have bonuses they should be more like 10 points. What is 1 point gonna do for anybody! I mean it is another point but especially if it only comes once a season. I say 10 points for 400 yards passing and 200 yards either recieving or rushing.

vCash
    HELL NO

10 points would basically decide a game. The only bonuses I'd be interested in would be ridiculous feats (i.e. 300 Yards Rushing, 500 yards passing)

vCash
    Kreep,

Keep this in mind. This is the first time we're doing this as a unit. Consider this a baseline study for years to come. If we can develop a good plan this year, it'll eliminate this interference next season and thereafter.

It's a group league and we need to make decisions as a group. This is why I ask, before I make changes. As far as the point system is concerned, well, again I apologize. It was my bad for not doing it on time - but I never said I wasn't going to do it. We held a poll for it - you all voted - and you all have decided. So that decision stands.

As for this new idea... I don't see the flaw. It's an opportunity to earn a few extra points. It doens't happen week after week. It's awarded once. So if it happens in week one, someone cashes in - and it's done. Could be you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast