Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Question Grade Your Draft!

Just a place to talk about last nights draft. Give it a grade if your up to it.

What's your team look like? Good/Bad/Uncertain
    How do you think you did in the draft?
    Regret any of your picks?
    Amped about any sleepers?
    I'd like to hear why you feel the pick you made was valid and/or what your logic was.

Adios!
    MM

vCash
    I'll go first Here's my team.

Starters
    Tony Homo - his performance last season speaks for itself.
    Larry Fitzgerald - needs to get more YAC; but I'm happy with him as no.1
    Greg Jennings - FAVRE! As long as Favre returns, this guys stock is solid. Don't know what'll happen though if Rogers ends up as the man.
    Bobby Engram - solid no.3; no complaints
    Adrain Peterson - arguably the best pick of the draft
    Ernest Graham - so long as he sees playing time, this guy will score; in addition, he's already listed as the no.1 back. Gruden will not want Dunn in there for long. Dunn is DONE!
    Alge Crumpler - Vince Young's old, new target. He's going to be an endzone threat. This was one of my sleepers.
    Robbie Gould - Bears offense summed up: Hester and Gould. I got one of them.
    Seattle D - A solid defense in a division which they have owned for quite some time now.

Backups
    Heath Miller - Interchangable with Alge. I should see production from him so long as BigBen is a top his game.
    John Kitna - More than just a back up. He gets yards! But doens't get endzone that often.
    Derrick Ward - If Jacobs goes down (as he has in the past), and this guy lives up to what he did last season... this could be a decent no.3.
    Reggie Williams - He should be back from his knee by season start. He's solid in the endzone, but a risk this early. I'll take the risk at no.4
    Ryan Longwell - Solid backup to Gould.
    Oakland D- Sleeper? I don't know. I know this much - if they can get their pass rush together, the secondary is going to be amongst the best in the league this season. Heck they may accomplish this even without the need of a line.

Overall I give my draft a B-.

There were a lot of players that were getting swiped that were on my list. I had to settle, and I don't like settling. I think I can get decent production out of these guys. I also think it can go either way.
    Last edited by musclemenace; 08-05-2008 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Starters
    Ben Roethlisberger - Second best QB rating in the NFL last year. I expect him to put up bigger and better numbers with more experience from Holmes and a new weapon in Sweed along with the consistent Ward and Miller.
    Anquan Boldin - He might be the #2 in AZ but I like him as a #1 in fantasy as he puts up around 900 yards and 9 TDs in 12 games last year. Hopefully they straighten out the QB situation down there and he stays healthy.
    Lee Evans - Another #1 in real life. He may get more attention from defenses but he'll also get more balls his way due to lack of receiving talent on the Bills offense. He's put up big numbers in the past with JP Losman and QB controversies. Now its "Edwards is our starter" in Buffalo and if he can be solid and get the ball downfield like he did late last year. I love Evans as my fantasy #2.
    Donald Driver - I feel comfortable with him as my #3 despite the QB situation in GB. As far as I know he's still the #1 WR in GB and I expect a very solid season from him putting up good fantasy #3 numbers.
    Larry Johnson - This Brandon Albert injury ******** is scaring me and Larry Johnson is a HUGE risk, but I love my Penn State boy so I had to take him. Boom or Bust here.
    Clinton Portis - So long as he and his o-line are healthy, Portis will put up big numbers as one of the best RBs in the league. As much as I hate to admit it, portis should do well this year (other than against the giants )
    Dallas Clark- Peyton Manning should be good to go and if he is, Clark is one of his favorite targets going down the seam. As a receiving first TE he puts up good numbers in the TE spot. I like this pick a lot since he's not one of those big names like Gonzo or Gates but he puts up nice numbers.
    Rob Bironas - Bironas is a great kicker and add that to an iffy offense that will have to rely on kickers for points and I love Bironas for fantasy.
    Jacksonville D - A very good defense that I feel slipped a little. They'll be solid and won't give up very many points. They'll have a good amount of turnovers and maybe Harvey will boom this year and accelerate their pass rush. I feel very confident in this defense.

Backups
    Rashard Mendenhall - I was huge on him coming out of college and the Steelers seem to be huge on him now. He may be the #2 RB but I still think he will get a lot of carries. I feel that if Willie Parker goes down he will be a huge sleeper and a steal and if not he'll be a solid #2 in real life that can give me a game or two or be solid if Johnson or Portis become injured.
    Amani Toomer - I love him as the #4. Our man Amani, super solid and he'll be a great fantasy #4 whenever I need him as a #2 in real life.
    Jerious Norwood - I had to take this guy instead of another Kicker. He could become a huge fantasy steal I think. I know ATL signed Turner but Norwood has been really good and hopefully ATL will finally give him carries. I think he can breakout and become a stud RB if he's given the opportunity to get the majority of the carries. Big if but this isn't an extremely important spot as the #4 RB.
    John Carlson - I know this is a big risk here coming out of college as a falling stock prospect but he's going to be the #1 TE in a pass heavy offense in Seattle. I figure and hope he won't have to play to much but this could possibly become a very solid fantasy player as the #1 TE in a pass first offense.
    Trent Edwards - I'm still waiting to pick him up off waivers after dropping Kellen Clemens due to the QB battle in NY that I was unaware of while drafting. He's their guy and hopefully with a solid Lynch and Evans he can be a solid back up. I am, however, very iffy on him.
    Indianapolis D- LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I have a feeling they might become my first D a couple games into the season. Great secondary with Defensive Player of the Year Bob Sanders and pro bowler Antoine Bethea. Plus Dwight Freeney is back to pair with Robert Mathis for a scary pass rush. I think this can be a great fantasy defense with sacks and turnovers.

Grades
    QB: B+ - I love Roethlisberger and when I got him and would give him an A rating but I hate my backup situation with Trent Edwards so that brings it down to a B+.
    WR: A- - I love my WR situation. My #1 Anquan Boldin is a #2 WR in Arizona who puts up #1 WR numbers. If I had a better #1, I'd give my WRs an A+ - My #2 and #3 WRs (Evans and Driver) are #1 WRs in the NFL. My #4 WR is a #2 in real life (Toomer) so my WR situation is deep and talented.
    RB: B+ - Larry Johnson is a big question mark so that scares me. Clinton Portis is an NFC East RB which I hate but he's very good. My #1 and #2 are great but the risk is what really scares me. I love my #3 and #4 as I think at least one of them will wind up with a chance to start (be it injury or just taking the spot) and flourish with that opportunity and be great in fantasy.
    TE: B - I love Dallas Clark but he definitely isn't the best in the NFL. John Carlson has potential but not much more. TE is solid but nothing special.
    K: A- - I love Rob Bironas because of his talent as a kicker and the situation he's in with a poor offense. I don't have a backup so kicker drops down to A-
    DEF: A+ - I love the Jacksonville defense and they are almost a lock to be solid. Add Indy's defense to that with the potential to be a great statistical fantasy defense (turnovers/sacks/points) and I have an outstanding defensive situation IMO.

Overall I give my Draft a B+

Theres a lot of uncertainty in some spots, but a lot of potential in the same spots. In other spots theres some pretty good certainty but I feel I made some mistakes in drafting that could've made my team better:

-Passing on Reggie Wayne for Larry Johnson as much as I love LJ when I probably could've gotten LJ with my next pick.
    -Passing on Aaron Rodgers for Amani Toomer when I could've gotten a decent WR later but was never able to find a good backup QB after.
    -Passing on Kevin Boss for Kellen Clemens who I eventually cut and probably could've gotten with my last pick.

Whatever happened, Im satisfied with my draft.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Starters
    QB Carson Palmer: I think he will have a great season, 30-40 TDs
    WR Marvin Harrison: I think he will produce, 10-12 TDs
    WR Bernard Barrian: Big play WR and with defenses focused on AP, I think he will have a solid season.
    WR Vincent Jackson: My sleeper. I think he should get a lot of looks in the endzone, big WR.
    RB: Brian Westbrook: Nasty TD and playmaker, he's gonna be huge if he stays healthy
    RB: Jamal Lewis: should be a beast with that O-Line
    TE: Todd Heap: If he stays healthy he will be decent
    K: Neil Rackers decent fantasy K
    DEF: Minn a great defense

Bench
    RB Reggie Bush: a great backup for Jamal and Brian
    QB Phil Rivers: another great backup for Carson
    DEF CHI I think they're pretty good, they are healthy this year.
    TE Ben Watson: With Heap injury prone, I got a good backup
    WR DJ Hackett: ehhh provides WR depth
    WR Justin Gage: a possible sleeper, big WR with endzone potential

Overall
    If my WRs step up, my team will be tough to beat. I have great depth on this team. My only pick I regret was picking CHI defense because both Minn and CHi have week 8 byes. I'm just hoping my WRs step up.

Overall draft grade IMO B
    Last edited by nybigjg; 08-05-2008 at 01:40 PM.
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    Overall I give my draft a B-.
    I like all your starters but Im not a fan of your backups. I do like Miller though.

I personally would give your draft a B or B+.

Hmm IDK, just thought Id comment. You're gonna beat me week one though based on the the teams our players are playing.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Ok Here we go
    Starters
    Eli Manning- As a Giants fan, had to do it. Hope he plays like he did in the playoffs.
    Steve Smith- Made a mistake with this one. Had no time left and I had to make a decision. My board was all screwed up and i couldn't find any good players.We'll see how he pans out. Tremendous player most of the time.
    Plaxico Burress- You guys know why I made this pick. We haven't seen the best of Plax yet I think. Monster year!!!
    Jericho Cotchery- Actually I ran out of time and the computer picked him for me but I'm content with him.
    Willie Parker- Hope even though they drafted Mendenhall, he has a big year. Maybe some more touchdowns than last year.
    Kevin Smith- This guy is a beast and will make a big impact. Trust me!
    Jeremy Shockey- Can't even begin to explain how pissed I am he's not on our team anymore. Very stupid move. He's gonna have a big year now that he'll finally get the ball.
    Bench
    David Garrard- Only threw 3 picks last year and is somewhat of a solid pick.
    Limas Sweed- Wish he dropped to the g-men. He's the big target Ben has been waiting for.
    Chris Johnson- needed a rb
    Dustin Keller- I think he's a probowl TE waiting to happen. Only hear good things about him. He's my sleeper.
    Devin Thomas- First Receiver drafted. Hope he's as good as advertised
    Deangelo Williams- Again needed a RB. Don't expect much from him. Could have a good year, just like anyone picked this late.

Overall, I give myself a C+

I picked a lot of rookies, so I kinda have to hope for good numbers out of a few of them. I think I have a few guys that could have monster years. But this is football and anything can happen as us Giants fans can definately tell you. 18-1 Go G-Men!!!
    Last edited by NYBlueBlood; 08-05-2008 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    QB- Matt Hasselback- Not the guy I was trying to land, but after the top five or six qb's on my list were off the board, its a no brainer. Seattle should be a prodominantly passing team this year, and Hassellback does put up above average numbers.

Wr1- Reggie Wayne- A solid #1 reciever. Should put up good to great numbers with Peyton as his Qb. And he may be his #1 target all year with Harrison's injury concerns.

Wr2- Dwayne Bowe may be an up and coiming star, as long as he progresses this year, I'll be happy with his stats. Last year he gained 950 yards. A concern might be who is throwing him the ball. Certainly he's
    not going to have the luxury of a Peyton manning like ^.

Wr3-Laverneus Coles is in the same boat as Bowe, he is the jets #1 target and should put up good numbers, just worried about the qb situation. He was also injured last year. But if all the peices fall together he could be a great #3 for me.

Rb1-Frank Gore, im not to crazy about this pick, he had a great first year but fell off slightly last year stat wise, not sure if he was injured. But hey, Yahoo had him the highest rated rb left at the time of my pick so hopefully hell return to rookie season form. Alex Smith sucks, so im sure he'll get the carries.

Rb2-Brandon Jacobs, if he stays healthy im pyshced about this pick. Could be a #1 rb, he may potentially rush for 1400 yards if he plays 15 games, and pick up a lot of goalline td's if Gilbridge doesnt give the ball to Droughn's on the 1. But health is a concern.

T.E- Owen Daniels, I like this kid. Texans dont have tremondus Wr's and Matt shuab is a good Qb. His numbers went up his second year in the leauge,(760 yds). Im looking for him to have a break out year. Plus he's always the T.e. I draft in Madden haha.

K-Sabastian Janowaski, I know its probably not spelt right, idc. But im going the same route Menace is, Oakland doesn't get into the endzone alot, and he has a greeaat leg distance wise. May be unaccurate though. I'll take the chance with those potential 50 and 60 yard feild goals.

Bench

Qb- Brett Farve...next

Rb- Rudi Johnson, heard he put 15 lbs on in muscle this offseason. If healthy he is a top 15 rb in the league, im comfortable with this pick.

Wr-Shaun Mcdonald, had a good season last year in Detroit, (950 yds, 6 tds.) If he up's the ante this year, he could be my sleeper pick.

Wr- Brandon Stokely, idk I liked him and his production in Indy, but it could have been a fluke because of Peyton being his qb. Anyway, he has the potential to be a solid 4 Wr for fantasy.

TE- Kevin Boss, mineswell be a homer, plus he has the potential to put up solid numbers and can be interchangible with Daniels. T.e. May be a weak spot for me, both picks are in my mind potential sleepers, or bust.

Defense

Giants- very happy I was able to land the Giants. Ofcourse this will help me in the Sack department. Secondary may be questionable, but im psyched. Phillips, Ross, Webster, Knight, Madison, and Terrell Thomas I feel may put together an above average secondary this year and complete a dominate D.
    And Spag's second year as Coordinator, I love this pick.

Back up D- Eagles, I may be able to use these guys certain weeks when they play weak teams. Great secondary, If the Giants God Forbid slump Ill cry my self to sleep, but will be happy with my fantasy back up D. And If any one is unhappy with the D they wound up with im open for trades, because they are a top 12 D in the NFL.

Overall, I cant give myself anything higher than a B because of the injury nature of some of my players. Matter of fact, im going to go with a B-. I dont have any 1 player who is going give me Lt, or Ap-esque numbers. Or Peyton and Brady numbers. Reggie Wayne is a top 5 Wr. Rb is a question mark with injury concerns, but I feel with all three of the guys I have I should be able to get solid numbers from that Position.

Hasselback at the Qb position will give me good numbers, and if he doesnt, **** him. I have Brett Farve, who can even be my starter.

Rb will work itself out Hopefully

I'm a little more secure at Wr I feel with Wayne, Bowe and Coles.

T.e. Is a sleeper Position for me, so I could get burned.

But im confident ill have a Top 5 D. Between the Giants and Eagles.

Good Luck to All. Looking forward to the upcoming season.

vCash
    Starters
    QB Donovan McNabb - I know you guys hates the Eagles and so do i but this is fantasy and as far as McNabb is concerned he has always been a great fantasy QB. I know he's injury prone but he can but up big numbers with his passing or his feet so i love this pick.
    WR Andre Johnson - This guys is only getting better and better. Last year he had 60 rec, 851 yards and 8 TD's in only half of a season. He's also going into only his second season with Schaub so they should be even better this year.
    WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh - I know what your thinking, Housh a #2??? Yes that is crazy, guy is a manbeast.
    WR Donte Stallworth - Yes Sean he is the #2, guy also can put up big numbers like we seen him do 2 years ago with Philly when the ball is thrown to him.. big YAC kinda guy can't wait to see what he can do in that deadly Cleveland offense. Not a bad #3
    RB LaDainian Tomlinson - BEST PLAYER IN FANTASY... Need i say more???
    RB Michael Turner - How about that, LT and MT back together again... Can't believe how far "The Burner" fell. This guy is pretty much gonna be the entire Falcons offense this season.
    TE Kellen Winslow - Another manbeast, this guy is arguably on the best TE's in the game today. I'm looking for a HUGE year from him.
    K Jeff Reed - Just a kicker, but should put up points in Big Ben's offense
    DEF San Diego - 2nd best D in the league with an addition of Cason to go with Cromartie who had 10 int's in just 8 games started last year. This is a very young D that is just getting better.

Bench
    WR Nate Burleson - Could be a #3 for most teams, this guy went under the radar with 9 TD's last year.
    RB Jonathan Stewart - Coulda been the best RB in the draft and will prolly be the starter for Carolina this year. Only a lot of upside for Stewart.
    QB Matt Schaub - His 2nd year with a young and upcoming Texans team, i expect him to have big numbers this year.
    WR Jerry Porter - An underrated player who had great talent in a horrible Oak offense. Well he's finially out and now on a very good Jacksonville team as their #1 receiver.
    RB Deuce McAllister - With my last pick why not take a guy who was a TD machine. Him and Bush are still a very great duo.
    DEF Arizona - Another young D that is getting better and plays in a very weak division.

I would have to give my draft a grade of B+
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    QB: Tom Brady - Not much to talk about here, 50 TD's and nearly 5000 yards.

WR1: Torry Holt - As long as the Rams offense stays healthy, Holt should easily reach 1250 yards.

WR2: Roddy White - This guy was really overlooked in our draft imo. He had over 1200 yards last season and 6 TD's. Coaches and scouts have been raving about this guy all offseason too.

WR3: Santana Moss - If he returns to how he was a few years ago he will end up being a steal and in a new west coast offense i like his chances.

RB1: Marshawn Lynch - Rushed for 1115 yards last year despite only playing 13 games and being part of an injury plagued Bills offense.

RB2: Laurence Maroney - Will put up better numbers than last year as the Pats will have to attack with a more balanced approach. The passing game will open up the running game obviously.

TE: Chris Cooley - Guy has put up great numbers.

K: Mason Crosby - Going to be the next great kicker. Already has put up great numbers.

DST: Tennessee - Underated.

Bench

RB: Fred Taylor - Could easily become one of my starters as the season goes on. Put up over 1200 yards last year...

WR: Patrick Crayton - As much as i hate him, his numbers can only go up.

QB: Jake Delhomme - Hopefully Carolina can stay healthy and the offense can get rolling again.

WR: Derrick Mason - Put up great numbers last year, quality back up for sure.

DST: Redskins - Defense wasnt bad last year, and got Taylor.

Overall i say B+ mainly because most of my players are likely to improve on last years production. What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSBrepeat View Post
    QB: Tom Brady - Not much to talk about here, 50 TD's and nearly 5000 yards.

WR1: Torry Holt - As long as the Rams offense stays healthy, Holt should easily reach 1250 yards.

WR2: Roddy White - This guy was really overlooked in our draft imo. He had over 1200 yards last season and 6 TD's. Coaches and scouts have been raving about this guy all offseason too.

WR3: Santana Moss - If he returns to how he was a few years ago he will end up being a steal and in a new west coast offense i like his chances.

RB1: Marshawn Lynch - Rushed for 1115 yards last year despite only playing 13 games and being part of an injury plagued Bills offense.

RB2: Laurence Maroney - Will put up better numbers than last year as the Pats will have to attack with a more balanced approach. The passing game will open up the running game obviously.

TE: Chris Cooley - Guy has put up great numbers.

K: Mason Crosby - Going to be the next great kicker. Already has put up great numbers.

DST: Tennessee - Underated.

Bench

RB: Fred Taylor - Could easily become one of my starters as the season goes on. Put up over 1200 yards last year...

WR: Patrick Crayton - As much as i hate him, his numbers can only go up.

QB: Jake Delhomme - Hopefully Carolina can stay healthy and the offense can get rolling again.

WR: Derrick Mason - Put up great numbers last year, quality back up for sure.

DST: Redskins - Defense wasnt bad last year, and got Taylor.

Overall i say B+ mainly because most of my players are likely to improve on last years production. What do you guys think?
    B+ haha yea right.. I'd give your team a D, Maroney will prolly have less yards than last year now that they signed Lamont Jordan.. Besides Lynch and Brady your team does not look good at all.. Holt in on the decline, Roddy should be a #3 receiver, #2 is kinda pushing it considering he has NO ONE to throw him the ball. Santana is on the decline, Cooley is an average TE, Tennesse D is ok.. def not a B+ draft, I'd say even with Brady you have the weakest team in the league..
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    B+ haha yea right.. I'd give your team a D, Maroney will prolly have less yards than last year now that they signed Lamont Jordan.. Besides Lynch and Brady your team does not look good at all.. Holt in on the decline, Roddy should be a #3 receiver, #2 is kinda pushing it considering he has NO ONE to throw him the ball. Santana is on the decline, Cooley is an average TE, Tennesse D is ok.. def not a B+ draft, I'd say even with Brady you have the weakest team in the league..
    *****. But hey... he asked - you delivered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The GEEEEE Men View Post
    Well ya see, i looked at the rating you gave your team, and there is no way in hell yours is much better than mine if at all. Your whole team is LT. After that your next two biggest players also happen to be two of the most injury prone players in the league (McNabb, Johnson). Whos McNabb throwing to this year anyway? No recievers worth a damn yet again.

As for Roddy White not having anyone to throw to him, uhm he had no one last year either and still had 1200+ and 6 TD's. Now as for Holt, show me a number one reciever who doesnt have decreased numbers after his starting QB is out a quarter of the season. Cooley mediocre? I guess 750 yards is now average for a TE in the NFL. And Moss could be a steal pending how the new west coast offense works out. Usually that doesnt hurt speedy recievers last time i checked though.

There is a difference between being fair and being a *******. Look forward to kicking your obnoxious ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSBrepeat View Post
    Well ya see, i looked at the rating you gave your team, and there is no way in hell yours is much better than mine if at all. Your whole team is LT. After that your next two biggest players also happen to be two of the most injury prone players in the league (McNabb, Johnson). Whos McNabb throwing to this year anyway? No recievers worth a damn yet again.

As for Roddy White not having anyone to throw to him, uhm he had no one last year either and still had 1200+ and 6 TD's. Now as for Holt, show me a number one reciever who doesnt have decreased numbers after his starting QB is out a quarter of the season. Cooley mediocre? I guess 750 yards is now average for a TE in the NFL. And Moss could be a steal pending how the new west coast offense works out. Usually that doesnt hurt speedy recievers last time i checked though.

There is a difference between being fair and being a *******. Look forward to kicking your obnoxious ***.
    I tend to agree with The GEEEEE Men's assessment, but I'd probaby give you a C-:
    • Brady is obviously a star
    • Holt is getting old and doesn't have Bruce to keep him from getting double-teamed. He'll have great games, but not as consistently as he used to.
    • Moss will have reduced playing time as the season goes on. Washington picked 2 WRs and a TE the first three rounds. They'll go with a lot of 2 TE sets and the 2 WRs will get more playing time as the season progresses. Moss won't be getting on the field much by the time fantasy playoffs get here.
    • Roddy White? I'm not sold on him. He's okay, but not great. Atlanta is going to give Matt Ryan every chance to prove himself. I think Ryan will have a so-so rookie season; therefore, I don't see much happening from Roddy. He could put up solid numbers, but I wouldn't be confident putting him out there except as a fill-in for bye weeks. A WR3 at best.
    • Lynch and Maroney are both iffy. Maroney is a great back, but doesn't put up great fantasy numbers. Now he has someone to pilfer carries (at least spell him from time to time), and Brady will continue to air it out a bunch. Lynch is really inconsistent.
    • Cooley: can't argue that pick. He's a solid, consistent TE (if there is such a thing). I have him rated as my #4 TE.
    • Your bench is absolutely atrocious. The Redskins might end up being your starting D/ST by week 4, but the rest of them are stiffs. Crayton drops every important pass thrown to him (see playoff game vs. Giants).

Your starters might give you decent numbers, but you have no depth. If any of those guys gets hurt, you're going to feel it.

vCash
    ^ Atleast that's fair...kinda. My depth is fine except for WR (my D sucks period most likely). Whatever we will see how the season plays out, i wont finsih in the bottom half like you two think based on other teams. Cant wait to revisit these two posts later in the season. I think you guys may have overated your teams considering a lot of us fall around the same projected stats. Basically if i am a C- you are too Kreep. Look at your team vs mine week one, compare them and look at the favorite. My team isnt great by any means, but its not any worse than either or yours (maybe Gmen's if they stay health).

vCash
    Since we start 3 WRs, I stockpiled them early, picking them in rounds 2-5. Here's what I ended up with:

QB
    • Jason Campbell
    • Aaron Rogers

I wanted Gerrard, but he was swiped out from under me. As long as Favre gets traded, I think I'll be okay. I'll probably use a QB by committee approach, playing the hot hand or better matchup.

RB
    • Marion Barber
    • Thomas Jones
    • Selvin Young
    • Ahmad Bradshaw

I grabbed Barber in the first, then didn't pick another RB until round 6. I think Jones can have a really good year this year with the improvements the Jets have made with the OL and TE positions. And I'm counting on either Young or Bradshaw to emerge. I'll probably take a RBBC approach to my RB 2.

WR
    • Braylon Edwards
    • Brandon Marshall (suspension? who cares?)
    • Chad Johnson
    • Calvin Johnson
    • Anthony Gonzalez

I think I'm pretty well stacked with WRs. I think I got 3 of the top 10 guys out there. Calvin Johnson looks like a beast so far this training camp. And Anthony Gonzalez might get a lot of looks from "The Other Manning" if Harrison goes to jail or gets tangled up in his walker and breaks a hip. I'm not too worried about Marshall's suspension. He'll be back when it counts. And I'm also not worried about Ocho Cinco's bad attitude. He'll be out to impress other teams this year to get out of Cincy, so I think he'll put up monster numbers.

TE
    • Tony Scheffler
    • L.J. Smith

I wanted Crumpler. Bad. But he got swiped, too. I think Scheffler will do quite nicely, though. L.J. is a big question mark. By all accounts, he's primed to have a great year (who the hell else is there for Donovan to throw to besides L.J. and Westbrook???). But he might stink it up again, too. At least it's a dude I can drop when I have to pick up a K or D/ST during a bye.

D/ST
    • Bills

Haha...I waited until the last round for this. Defenses started flying off the board way too early. I decided to pick skill positions instead. Defenses are a crapshoot anyway. Every year, some obscure defense emerges as a good fantasy squad and some that were very strong one year will fall on their faces for no apparent reason. I'll just sit back and pull the "hot team of the week" off the waiver wire.

K
    • Gostkowski

I almost always grab a kicker with my last pick, but he was still there in the second-to-last round. I didn't think he'd be there 15 picks later, so I took him. NE will score a lot, meaning this guy will score a lot.

Overall grade? I was thinking around a B or B+ if my QB situation works out (good luck in MN, Brett). But with the PPR rule change, my RBs are now not as valuable. I'm thinking a B-.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast