Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,250
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CHief_0_o_Wahoo View Post
    Grow up man..

    No really there are going to be entitlement. The problem is though democrats think its alright to take advantage of them and stretch them past a point where they aren't correct.
    Right. Like providing too many food stamps to people who can't afford food every week so that they end up with (gasp!) more of the cheapest possible groceries than they can eat.

    What a terrible thing, compared to the bankrupting of our national treasury into the bank accounts of Halliburton, Exxon and Blackwater. Not that's some entitlements for ya!
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CHief_0_o_Wahoo View Post
    Grow up man..

    No really there are going to be entitlement. The problem is though democrats think its alright to take advantage of them and stretch them past a point where they aren't correct.
    Sorry to be your dream crusher, but you know, reality does exist out there. Might want to turn off the Talk Radio and actually look around for yourself.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Sorry to be your dream crusher, but you know, reality does exist out there. Might want to turn off the Talk Radio and actually look around for yourself.
    ahh! I recognized those talking points from my idols Rush and Hannity as well. Those guys are geniuses! at least from a brainwashing perspective

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,194
    vCash
    1500
    I personally don't believe in giving out free money if you don't work for it. I know what it is like to struggle with finances when my dad died and my mom was not able to work at the time. Instead of my mom looking for a bunch of hand outs or blame the government for the lack of finances she went back to school got her nursing degree and now makes quite abit more money.

    My philosophy is instead of crying about the lack of money or how the rich people keep getting more, I better myself in my own abilities and earn the high paying jobs that are out there.

    So you know I am voting McCain, though I don't like either one of them, I will take the guy who I can agree with a tad bit more. Also I don't listen to talk radio, not my type of thing I rather be listening to my zune.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New York Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    20,961
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IS27NY View Post
    This is not at all a racist thread, and in no way am I rascist I just don't like Obama for his political ideas.

    But what I am wondering is do you think when the people start going to the voting booth will the people standing on the fence (as in undecided) on Obama will they really contemplate the race issue.

    Don't be ignorant and rascist because I think this is a definite issue for the Democratic voters in the south.
    They are pretty far apart in their political views, so if a person is still undecided, I'm pretty sure they're brain dead to begin with -- so yes, there will be 'many' on both sides that will choose over the candidate race.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserZr View Post
    I personally don't believe in giving out free money if you don't work for it. I know what it is like to struggle with finances when my dad died and my mom was not able to work at the time. Instead of my mom looking for a bunch of hand outs or blame the government for the lack of finances she went back to school got her nursing degree and now makes quite abit more money.

    My philosophy is instead of crying about the lack of money or how the rich people keep getting more, I better myself in my own abilities and earn the high paying jobs that are out there.

    So you know I am voting McCain, though I don't like either one of them, I will take the guy who I can agree with a tad bit more. Also I don't listen to talk radio, not my type of thing I rather be listening to my zune.
    Two dreams in two days...

    Almost all night classes are subsidized by the state.

    Sorry!
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,194
    vCash
    1500
    what are you talking about...if your talking about my mom going back to school she went during the day as you could only take clinicals during the day. Also the government didn't pay for it...so sorry!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    So, you mean to tell us that your mom went to daytime nursing classes and completely paid for it by herself with zero government funding (i.e. hardship scholarships for a widowed single mother)?

    I highly doubt that, considering your families self-proclaimed "financial struggles."

    Do I think that it's great that your mom went back to school and better educated herself to allow herself to succeed in the workplace? Sure do! But, I guarantee that she had some sort of government "free money hand out."
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    So, you mean to tell us that your mom went to daytime nursing classes and completely paid for it by herself with zero government funding (i.e. hardship scholarships for a widowed single mother)?

    I highly doubt that, considering your families self-proclaimed "financial struggles."

    Do I think that it's great that your mom went back to school and better educated herself to allow herself to succeed in the workplace? Sure do! But, I guarantee that she had some sort of government "free money hand out."
    Even if she didn't get any scholarships, if she went to a state school, the government picked up the bulk of the tab. If she was in a continuing ed program in a private school, the state picked up a share of the tab.

    Out here Washington University (top 15 private school) offers continuing ed at 1/3 the cost of regular tuition. The other 2/3s is covered by their endowment and the taxpayers of the state of Missouri.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    1500
    or you could live in georgia, where the lottery pays for eveyone's tuition, if you have a "B" average or better

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    68
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserZr View Post
    I personally don't believe in giving out free money if you don't work for it. I know what it is like to struggle with finances when my dad died and my mom was not able to work at the time. Instead of my mom looking for a bunch of hand outs or blame the government for the lack of finances she went back to school got her nursing degree and now makes quite abit more money.

    My philosophy is instead of crying about the lack of money or how the rich people keep getting more, I better myself in my own abilities and earn the high paying jobs that are out there.

    So you know I am voting McCain, though I don't like either one of them, I will take the guy who I can agree with a tad bit more. Also I don't listen to talk radio, not my type of thing I rather be listening to my zune.
    i feel the same way. Obama is a socialist, there is no other way to put it. He wants to punish those who find success in this country with hefty taxes. What else would you call it?
    And quite frankly, what has obama accomplished in his life that allows him to make such rediculous statments? Has he ever runned a buisness? All he has done so far is collect his own money from the government. He has no expierence in corporate america and has absoultely no idea how a successful business should be runned. This is why i wanted romney or even bloomberg.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,250
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Cox View Post
    Obama is a socialist, there is no other way to put it.
    Actually, there is. The way that's not lying:

    Obama is NOT a socialist.



    Who's pushing this "socialist" label, anyways? Rush? I see it pop up all the time here, and all it makes me wonder is a) whose lies are these posters repeating and b) don't they know they're making themselves look foolish by advertising the fact that they apparently have no understanding of socialism or democracy?


    Go to your local bookstore, people, and pick up something like "Political Science 101" if you want to be able to understand the labels you're slapping around so casually as if they were indisputably true.


    Pretty soon here I'm going to have to say something painfully honest and then give myself an infraction for it and edit my own post.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Cox View Post
    or you could live in georgia, where the lottery pays for eveyone's tuition, if you have a "B" average or better
    And who runs the lottery? The state.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Cox View Post
    i feel the same way. Obama is a socialist, there is no other way to put it. He wants to punish those who find success in this country with hefty taxes. What else would you call it?
    And quite frankly, what has obama accomplished in his life that allows him to make such rediculous statments? Has he ever runned a buisness? All he has done so far is collect his own money from the government. He has no expierence in corporate america and has absoultely no idea how a successful business should be runned. This is why i wanted romney or even bloomberg.
    Has McCain ever "runned a business?"

    George W. Bush "runned" a few into the ground before he was president, does that count?
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Pretty soon here I'm going to have to say something painfully honest and then give myself an infraction for it and edit my own post.
    Yep. Me too.
    Last edited by ink; 08-09-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •