Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippington View Post
    He's a tried and true Marxist. I don't vote for reds.
    Have you ever read a book by Karl Marx?
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippington View Post
    Exactly what is wrong with this country today. If you don't agree with a mans politics, you have to precede your statement with a disclaimer of sorts.

The man could be green for all i care. He's a tried and true Marxist. I don't vote for reds.
    please educate your self on civics and political philosophy before making ignorant statements like this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    When I go vote for him in November it won't have anything to do with him being Black. I believe his economic, health, and education policies will be better than McCain's. And that's what does it for me.

Ironically, back in September 2007, if I had to rank the candidates in terms of their policies that I care about, it would have looked like this:

1. Romney
    2. Dodd
    3. Edwards
    4. Richardson
    5. Obama
    6. McCain
    7. Clinton
    8. Biden

After all the flip-flopping during the start of the primaries:
    1. Obama
    2. Dodd
    3. Edwards
    4. Romney -- still hoping he'd revert back to his Mass gov past.
    5. McCain

But now that the third round of flip-flopping has arrived, it's pretty clear to me that John McCain wouldn't be able to do a lick of good for the economy, so there's really no question, Obama's the only candidate I could see myself voting for in November.
    I was wondering if you'd elaborate on why you like Obama's economic plan and not McCain's? I must admit, I'm not blown away by either and everything I've read has basically said that neither will have a significant impact (short term) on the economy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    I was wondering if you'd elaborate on why you like Obama's economic plan and not McCain's? I must admit, I'm not blown away by either and everything I've read has basically said that neither will have a significant impact (short term) on the economy.
    Sure. Just to give you the basics:

1. Obama supports a reinvigoration of the economy via job creation at the federal level. He recognizes that our infrastructure needs help and that it would be a good source of employment for many of the structurally unemployed manufacturing workers in our economy.

2. Both candidates support tax cuts, though the type of the cuts differ. Obama's cuts primarily benefit the bottom 80%, while McCain's cuts primarily benefit the top 20%. As far as increasing GDP, a tax cut MUST be followed by an increase in consumption. Since the bottom 80% have a much higher propensity to consume than the top 20%, more consumption will follow from Obama's plan.

3. Both support NAFTA, CAFTA, and the Columbian agreement.

4. Both support alternative energy development and the start of drilling. Obama supports the "Gang of 10" proposal which calls for opening up areas for new drilling as well as increased federal spending for alternative fuels -- the costs of which would be met by repealing several of the tax waivers that oil companies receive. Due to that last stanza, McCain is against it.

5. Obama supports increases in TAP and voted for an increase in GI education benefits. McCain voted against those measures.

All in all, with the economy on the down-swing (the most favorable projections have us barely avoiding a recession), I feel safer with Obama's fiscal policy.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    democrat economic plans may be good in the short run, but they fail in the long run..

if 75% of the people in the country work for small type businesses and the government decides that it would be best to increase the taxes on these companies to create funding for these short-term federal jobs, then explain to me how this would be beneficial in the long-run... Throw in the fact that 1 out of 10 businesses fail in the first six months, then where is the incentive for people to go out on a limb and try to succeed on their own?

And obama, who doesnt like even paying taxes himself (most of his money in tax-free municipal bonds), writes a book and makes 5 million on it. MAKE him pay more tax... What has he done to stimulate the economy? Meanwhile the manufacturer down the street who has supplied his/her local communinty with 30-50 jobs has to reach even further into the checkbook to supply funding to the brillant-minded politicans in washington. Its messed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
    democrat economic plans may be good in the short run, but they fail in the long run..

if 75% of the people in the country work for small type businesses and the government decides that it would be best to increase the taxes on these companies to create funding for these short-term federal jobs, then explain to me how this would be beneficial in the long-run... Throw in the fact that 1 out of 10 businesses fail in the first six months, then where is the incentive for people to go out on a limb and try to succeed on their own?

And obama, who doesnt like even paying taxes himself (most of his money in tax-free municipal bonds), writes a book and makes 5 million on it. MAKE him pay more tax... What has he done to stimulate the economy? Meanwhile the manufacturer down the street who has supplied his/her local communinty with 30-50 jobs has to reach even further into the checkbook to supply funding to the brillant-minded politicans in washington. Its messed up.
    ????

Was that a reply to my post? It really made no sense.

Fiscal policy works in two ways. One is that you can spend money which, as you said, tends to have positive shortrun effects, but can choke out investment if it's used as a longrun solution. Two is you can cut taxes to increase disposable income. That has positive shortun effects, but it can lead to problems in the longrun when deficits get out of control and the currency depreciates.

All in all, fiscal policy is PURELY a shortrun deal.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Sucks to be you then. No place to go in the developed world. Entitlements are a fact of life. But there's always Zimbabwe.
    You can't possibly believe entitlements are correct, and no are country isn't nearly as bad with entitlements when a Republican is in office. Entitlements is what brings our country down, people sitting on their *** sucking up money that they don't even work for. Steal from the rich and give to the poor is no way to run a country. The reason people go to school and try to become successful is because they want to be rich and have a great life. If thats not there then why would people bother trying hard at any point in there life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHief_0_o_Wahoo View Post
    Steal from the rich and give to the poor is no way to run a country.
    Maybe I'm just a fan of Robin Hood style justice, but I like it a lot better than steal from the majority and give to the rich, which is basically the Republican way - "trickle down".

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Maybe I'm just a fan of Robin Hood style justice, but I like it a lot better than steal from the majority and give to the rich, which is basically the Republican way - "trickle down".
    and wow you couldnt be any more wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
    and wow you couldnt be any more wrong
    That trickle down isn't stealing from the majority and giving to the rich?

No, that's right.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    That trickle down isn't stealing from the majority and giving to the rich?

No, that's right.
    Whats wrong with stealing from the majority? Isn't that the most fair way to do it? I don't know just wondering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHief_0_o_Wahoo View Post
    You can't possibly believe entitlements are correct, and no are country isn't nearly as bad with entitlements when a Republican is in office. Entitlements is what brings our country down, people sitting on their *** sucking up money that they don't even work for. Steal from the rich and give to the poor is no way to run a country. The reason people go to school and try to become successful is because they want to be rich and have a great life. If thats not there then why would people bother trying hard at any point in there life.
    Sucks to be you then because the only time we've ever really had a decrease in entitlement spending was under a Democrat. The United States has the weakest unemployment benefit system in the entire developed world, but that's clearly still too much for you.

So how about when you lose your job you voluntarily give back your UI benefits. That way you won't be hurting the rich.

Or you could face facts and realize that in 99% of the world, there is some sort of an entitlement system in place so there's no escaping it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
    "It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant."

vCash
    Sucks to be you then because the only time we've ever really had a decrease in entitlement spending was under a Democrat. The United States has the weakest unemployment benefit system in the entire developed world, but that's clearly still too much for you.

So how about when you lose your job you voluntarily give back your UI benefits. That way you won't be hurting the rich.

Or you could face facts and realize that in 99% of the world, there is some sort of an entitlement system in place so there's no escaping it.
    Grow up man..

No really there are going to be entitlement. The problem is though democrats think its alright to take advantage of them and stretch them past a point where they aren't correct.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast