Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Year?

vCash

Next Year?

With all our arbitration eligible players, who do you guys see returning next season. I see our team as like this next season

1B=Cantu
    2B=Coughlin
    3B=McPherson
    SS=Hanley(duh)
    LF=Willingham*/Ross
    CF=Maybin
    RF=Hermida*/Ross

*=1 of those 2 wont return.

Pitching
    1.Josh Johnson
    2.Ricky Nolasco
    3.Andrew Miller
    4.Anibal Sanchez
    5.Chris Volstad

I therefore don't see Uggla, Willingham/Hermida(one of them), Jacobs, or Olsen coming back next season.

vCash
    I think we might move a couple of them.. but not 4. Olsen is probably gone b/c of the other pitching we have in the minors. I like the chances of hermida being back. I think Willingam, Uggla, and Jacobs are all free game to be gone...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    I think we might move a couple of them.. but not 4. Olsen is probably gone b/c of the other pitching we have in the minors. I like the chances of hermida being back. I think Willingam, Uggla, and Jacobs are all free game to be gone...
    add that up and you get 4 lol.

Olsen
    Uggla
    Jacobs
    Willingham

vCash
    Willingham goes before Hermida, IMO.

And is it me or does anyone want Cantu locked up for 2 or 3 more years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yboord028 View Post
    Willingham goes before Hermida, IMO.

And is it me or does anyone want Cantu locked up for 2 or 3 more years?
    I wouldn't mind having Cantu back. He's arbitration eligible, and he seems to be the best stop-gap for Dominguez.

vCash
    I don't see Hermida going anywhere, or Uggla for that matter. I'd like to see Willingham stick around but I would understand if they didn't choose that route. Jacobs and Olsen are most likely on the out (as much as I've grown to like Olsen the past couple weeks)

vCash
    I think Cantu is back and Ross in gone. Olsen MIGHT be gone and Hammer and Hermida will be here. Uggla is definitely staying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uchiha View Post
    I don't see Hermida going anywhere, or Uggla for that matter. I'd like to see Willingham stick around but I would understand if they didn't choose that route. Jacobs and Olsen are most likely on the out (as much as I've grown to like Olsen the past couple weeks)
    I wouldn't be so sure about Hermida staying, the fact that we were willing to trade him tells you something...but I'm not sure either way.

I'm pretty sure Jake will be gone and Cantu will take over at 1st with possibly Mcphearson covering third...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp19 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure about Hermida staying, the fact that we were willing to trade him tells you something...but I'm not sure either way.
    We were trading him for Manny not shopping him around. He does have potential I just don't know what the threshold of the team is waiting for it to click.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay16 View Post
    We were trading him for Manny not shopping him around. He does have potential I just don't know what the threshold of the team is waiting for it to click.
    Well if the organization was sure he would turn into a Hanley-like player we wouldn't have been willing to part with him... but I guess the disappointment in him is growing.

vCash
    The reason I don't see Uggla coming back is cuz he will have a ton of value, he'll be really expensive, and Chris Couglhin is nearing MLB ready status.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    add that up and you get 4 lol.

Olsen
    Uggla
    Jacobs
    Willingham
    Haha... I meant that Uggla, Jacobs, or Willingham COULD be gone...but I dont think that they all will be. I expects Olsen and 1-2 of the others to be gone...not all four...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp19 View Post
    Well if the organization was sure he would turn into a Hanley-like player we wouldn't have been willing to part with him...
    Dude, "Hanley-like" players are few and far between . . . and the Front Office doesn't have to be "sure" of anything to make that move - You can be willing to part with Hermida, a stud who hasn't yet panned out, in return for Manny Ramirez a perennial All-Star, and still believe in Hermida's talent . . .

I think they bring back Olsen for another year. The pitching is deep but I wouldn't trust them all for next season.

Uggla, Hermida I believe will be back.

What's Mcpherson's contract like? I thought it was a one-year deal.

I thought Coughlin was still a few years away from making the big leagues, and I don't expect the Marlins to push him any faster when they have a fan favorite and a solid player in Dan Uggla.
    Last edited by REGular; 08-04-2008 at 07:36 PM.

vCash
    It was a 1 year contract, but I believe he's still up for arbitration?

vCash
    What happened to Sergio Mitre and no Olsen in rotation?
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast