Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Where do you get your information

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABC News

    2 6.90%
  • CNN

    11 37.93%
  • Fox News

    11 37.93%
  • Comedy Central

    8 27.59%
  • Newspapers (specify)

    7 24.14%
  • Magazines and other periodicals (specify)

    3 10.34%
  • CBS

    1 3.45%
  • NBC/MSNBC/others associated

    9 31.03%
  • Online (specify)

    15 51.72%
  • Public Programming

    0 0%
  • NPR

    5 17.24%
  • Other radio news sources.

    7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Oakland, California
    Posts
    25,815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    You don't think the Daly show has any spin? I actually think it would be interesting to see how the Daly Show, Letterman, Leno and other comedians would act with Obama in office, since they've had such a field day with Bush and the republicans. I just can't picture it ever getting to the level of what it is right now for Bush. Of course Bush has brought a lot of it on himself.
    Making fun of the administration and spinning facts into opinion are two completely different things.

    They make fun of the Bush administration a lot, but in my opinion, they never really twist anything (probably because they don't technically report on anything).

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,806
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry to be petty but it's starting to really bug me when people say "the network is bias".

    It is ... “I am biased” or “I am guilty of bias”.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    Making fun of the administration and spinning facts into opinion are two completely different things.

    They make fun of the Bush administration a lot, but in my opinion, they never really twist anything (probably because they don't technically report on anything).
    The spin comes in big time with the interviews. Questions are slanted and the audience also plays a role by laughing at serious answers by republicans/conservatives. It's not a big deal, because as you mentioned it is a comedy show, but I do think it is biased.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    MSNBC is the most ridiculous network out there and it's not even close. They are so in the tank for Obama it's ridiculous. I don't watch that much Fox News, but I think there "bias" is overblown by those on the left and they aren't nearly as bias as MSNBC.
    Dude, just watch FOX News. Every time they mention Obama they discuss it with some negative spin on him. Such as, "Is Obama's trip to the Middle East just a publicity stunt?", and then they have some right wing guy come on and spew out some BS facts and agree with whatever conservative host they have. This is the network that parades Ann Coulter around like some kind of prophet and has Bill O'Reilly as their main man. Just watch the channel, every time they discuss Obama there's a negative spin on it.



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    Dude, just watch FOX News. Every time they mention Obama they discuss it with some negative spin on him. Such as, "Is Obama's trip to the Middle East just a publicity stunt?", and then they have some right wing guy come on and spew out some BS facts and agree with whatever conservative host they have. This is the network that parades Ann Coulter around like some kind of prophet and has Bill O'Reilly as their main man. Just watch the channel, every time they discuss Obama there's a negative spin on it.
    And every time Obama comes up on MSNBC there is a tingle down someone's leg. I think it's safe to say that we (you and me) are on different sides of the aisle and will see things differently. MSNBC has one Republican/Conservative analyist (Buchanan) on the network. Personally, I don't watch that much fox, as I don't like O'Reilly or Hannity/Colmes, but if you think MSNBC gives a fair shake to McCain you are kidding yourself.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    cheese head land
    Posts
    4,088
    vCash
    1500
    The main reason I can't stand FOX is the Ann Coulter Bill O'Reilly factor. Ann Coulter is easily the most ignorant/arrogant person I've ever seen speak.



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,806
    vCash
    1500
    Don't get your information from TV news. TV is so hard to produce they have to predetermine every storyline and interview. It's impossible for them to avoid scripting in the network's political slant too.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin2007 View Post
    The main reason I can't stand FOX is the Ann Coulter Bill O'Reilly factor. Ann Coulter is easily the most ignorant/arrogant person I've ever seen speak.
    Well I'm not a fan of either myself. Coulter especially, just says stuff to get attention and I can't even listen to here talk. I do like watching Fox when they are doing the panel with Britt Hume hosting and then usually, Mort Krondake, Juan Williams and Bill Kristol giving opinions. I think they try to talk about strategies that both campaigns are using and what they think each should do without being biased. You'd probably disagree, I'm sure.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Well I'm not a fan of either myself. Coulter especially, just says stuff to get attention and I can't even listen to here talk. I do like watching Fox when they are doing the panel with Britt Hume hosting and then usually, Mort Krondake, Juan Williams and Bill Kristol giving opinions. I think they try to talk about strategies that both campaigns are using and what they think each should do without being biased. You'd probably disagree, I'm sure.
    The problem is that the unbiased panel you're describing is made up of 3 guys on the right and one guy on the left. You're going to get a biased look of what's really going on by listening to that.

    It's like when a newspaper puts together a faux debate over something like gun rights. If you have someone who's pro-gun, but with gun control as his argument, and then the other person is against guns altogether, readers will be left seeking the middle ground, i.e. very strict gun control, which still puts them towards the left.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    You don't think the Daly show has any spin? I actually think it would be interesting to see how the Daly Show, Letterman, Leno and other comedians would act with Obama in office, since they've had such a field day with Bush and the republicans. I just can't picture it ever getting to the level of what it is right now for Bush. Of course Bush has brought a lot of it on himself.
    Daily rips on Congress all the time. Bush just makes it too easy a lot of the time.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    674
    vCash
    1500
    MSNBC for TV, CNN.com and fivethiryeight.com for online, and Barely Political for online videos.

    MSNBC doesn't go out of their ways to bash conservatives (they don't bash Pat Buchanan ever, and he's one of the most conservative people out there). It's just that the conservatives are so ridiculous, but you can't help but laugh at them. (not really sure what audience laughs at the Bush jokes...unless your talking about that edited in audience noise on Countdown...which is the only show that goes out of its way to bash Bush).

    What are they supposed to do on MSNBC when they get these idiotic conservatives on? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1wSZBTAXRs

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    The problem is that the unbiased panel you're describing is made up of 3 guys on the right and one guy on the left. You're going to get a biased look of what's really going on by listening to that.

    It's like when a newspaper puts together a faux debate over something like gun rights. If you have someone who's pro-gun, but with gun control as his argument, and then the other person is against guns altogether, readers will be left seeking the middle ground, i.e. very strict gun control, which still puts them towards the left.
    I disagree with your premise. I think you can be on one side and offer an intelligent and unbiased opinion on the other side's candidate and campaign. I think often, when they are talking about the politics of the race, and what a candidate should or shouldn't be saying or doing, that they are speaking unbiased on the race. I think there is a difference between analyzing what the candidates are doing then when the "analysts" are surrogates for a candidate and are just arguing their points. Like David Greffen (I think that's his name) on CNN, I'm not sure of his political slant, but enjoy his analysis of the race on both candidates.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,259
    vCash
    1500
    Poor CBS.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Poor CBS.
    The whole Dan Rather thing kind of killed them. Though I do watch Face the Nation on Sundays...


    Of course, this is the best reason to watch CBS News: http://www.glamour.com/images/news/2...lara_logan.jpg
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,259
    vCash
    1500
    Her interview on the Daily Show was killer.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •