Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Clippers at Rockets Game Thread

Huge game tonight guys! The Clippers have won 4 of their last 5 games after a slow start. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have played extremely well this season, and both Howard (knee) and Beverley (hamstring) are doubtful to play. Jones is still out with a nerve damage.

As of now, Howard has missed 5 games, Beverley 8, and Jones has only played 4 games. Yet, the Rockets have played well and they have been winning their games. Black, Motiejunas and Canaan have all stepped up. Motiejunas and Canaan are coming off career nights and Black ranks third in rebounds (4.9) among rookies despite playing only 15.9 minutes.

And don't look now, but the Rockets are the best defensive team in the league. The Rockets haven't been an above-average defensive team since 2008-09.

- First in points allowed (91.5).
    - First in DefRtg (points allowed by 100 possessions) (94.5).
    - Second in Opp FG% (.417%).
    - First in Opp 3PT% (a ridiculous .275%), allowing only 5.7 made threes a game, which is funny, because no one makes more thress than the Rockets.
    - Fourth in takeaways (16.9) (Third in steals).
    - Also fourth in assists allowed.

Of course the offense hasn't been the same, but on a bright side, the Rockets only turned the ball over 4 (that's FOUR) times last game, which tied a franchise record.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    The Clippers have had the Rockets number last season, so normally I'd assume this to be a blowout loss with three of Houston's starters missing. However, this is a very different Rockets team than what we've seen the last couple of seasons. This team plays defense. And if they can find a way to bother Paul and Griffin (a tall task) and they actually hit their 3s tonight, I think they might actually have a puncher's chance to pull this one out. Of course, Harden is going to have to play out of his mind. And similar to the Dallas, game, the Clippers are just going to have be a little off offensively. But it's doable.

This is another big game for D-Mo. Not only will he have to defend Blake, but he's going to be relied on to be the main interior scorer with DeAndre Jordan guarding the paint. I honestly think he's played well enough lately to at least earn consideration as the Rockets' starting PF moving forward. But if he's going to even be considered as a potential starter, these are the games where he needs to step up and play well.

vCash
    Yeah, we lost all four games to them last season if I remember correctly. And Harden struggled.

I completely agree on Motiejunas, but when Jones comes back, he's our starter.

vCash
    If Dmo takes it to Griffin and has another good game it would definitely go towards starting him over Jones. Part of the reason we could never beat the Clippers is because Jones plays like he's completely terrified of star forwards

vCash
    Solid start defensively.

vCash
    We should cut Garcia and sign Steve Francis

vCash
    Hell, we should cut Garcia and give a contract for a homeless man.