Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

J. Lin and O. Asik for R. Rondo?

Just read there is talk of sending Lin and Asik to Boston for Rondo. Just wanted to hear what you guys might think about that.

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981909190

vCash
    In a heartbeat.

vCash
    Hell no. People don't realize this isn't 2k

vCash
    I wanted this at first, but I realized Rondo is a horrible fit with Harden
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    His usage rate is a hair above Lin's but he contributes so much more. Scoring is basically the same but he has almost twice the rebounds and assists per game. The only problem might be his attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    I wanted this at first, but I realized Rondo is a horrible fit with Harden
    I really dont think thats true. If Harden can play with Westbrook, he can play with Rondo. Harden is smart enough to adjust his game. If Bass is included, it wouldnt be a bad trade at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADfromOZ View Post
    His usage rate is a hair above Lin's but he contributes so much more. Scoring is basically the same but he has almost twice the rebounds and assists per game. The only problem might be his attitude.
    well actually he scored less per 36 (13.2 vs 14.9 less season, 13.2 is a career high for Rondo, while Lin last season's second half was actually at 17.1 per 36.) with a slightly higher USG.

He's not much of a scorer at all, he really can't shoot (not Jeremy Lin can't shoot, his career 3 is an unimaginably bad .241 % , at this point in his career that's unlikely to change.) he can't even hit free throws. his .621 FT% is the worst among almost any starting Guard.

If you believe that the Rocket's main game going forward involve Harden starting with the ball on most plays, then it's hard to see what Rondo brings, he is totally useless as a spot up guy (again, he makes Lin look like Ray Allen there, and Lin's at a stage in his career where he might get better at it.) and obviously his assist is hard to come by when the balls not in his hands. I guess rebounding and defense is what he brings. but are you really going to pay him 10+ mill to essentially be Tony Allen?

I mean, I can at least plausibly see Lin becoming a good spot up shooter, he did alright there already last year (10% better than his overall 3s ) and there's enough things in his past to suggest that while he's not going to be Ray Allen, he can certainly be an above average shooter . but Rondo, there's literally no chance.

The trade doesn't make a ton of sense for the Celtics either, it's not that Rondo for Lin+ Asik won't help them , the 2 will most likely win more games than Rondo + non-existent C. for them, the problem is they are essentially locked into a 3 year rebuilding stage (due to Gerald Wallace's horrific contract.) and Lin+Asik has only 2 years left on them. they're just not going anywhere in 2 years with Lin + Asik + Bradley + Green + Olynek. I guess an 8th seed in the East is pretty easy. but nothing after that.

Should also note that, although in theory Rondo should be entering his prime, a lot of his # are actually taking steps backward in the last 3 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    I really dont think thats true. If Harden can play with Westbrook, he can play with Rondo. Harden is smart enough to adjust his game. If Bass is included, it wouldnt be a bad trade at all.
    well, keep in mind though, in his final year in OKC, although he played 1946 min, only 458 of them was with Westbrook also on the floor. in comparison, he played 2200 + mins with Lin THIS season.

IMHO, the usage issue was the #1 issue that kept Harden as the 6th man instead of starting over Thabo.

vCash
    I'd say that if that deal was literally on the table (as in, no other parts involved.) I'd think really hard about it and lean yes, with the caveat that I'm assuming Rondo's character will not mess things up. (which I don't, since I do not pretend to really know the character of NBA players .)

Purely on a talent level, Rondo's obviously better than Lin, hell, Rondo's probably a top 5 PG purely in terms of talent, his on par with Rose / Westbrook really.

the problem is. that. one need to also see that this talent hasn't actually translated into a lot of production. here's the Celtics' offensive efficiency over Rondo's career, starting from this year backwards.

24th
    27th
    18th
    15th
    6th
    10th
    28th.

I mean, you had 3 hall of fame guys on your team for all but the first year, and you were in the bottom 10 more often than top 10?

vCash
    Hate this deal. Rondo is one of the most overrated players in the NBA and he's an atrocious fit next to Harden. I would go into detail more, but I've already stated my opinion on this several times before. If they do this deal, I'll be pissed.

vCash
    Rondo, yes would be an awful fit with Harden, however he would be an amazing fit with Howard, and Harden has already proved he doesn't need a PG out there to be successful.

vCash
    no. Rondo's an awful fit next to Harden.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 07-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    His shooting alone makes him a bad fit for the team.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    If there is any truth to an interest in Rondo, then we have to assume that our style is going to be overhauled and Howard is going to become the major focus point. I hear Kev talk alot about how Harden can create from anywhere and how feels he can get his shots in any system. With that said the only reason we would be looking at Rondo, would be to get a PG who can get those great passes to Howard for easy baskets. If we want to stick with the 3 ball game, but have a better inside postman then we would stick with Lin (or find a PG similar - dare i say jennings????) as rondos 3 ball is ar%e

the biggest concern I have with this mentioned deal is that it includes Asik and Lin, thats a lot a cheese to give up
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    If that happens that would be great for the rockets. Rondo is a no nonsense dude. However, I'd be shocked to see a team rescue the rockets from those two contracts. If I'm Boston in rebuild mode I say no! If Houston pulls it off that would be the most creative/brilliant move of the summer.

The lost boys

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast