Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Preseason Coaches Poll Out

WoW. Im stunned that Georgia is No. 1 I wouldve figured that Ohio State or USC wouldve been up there at that spot. I think they potentially are the best team in the country but are likely to not even have the best record in the SEC because they play a pretty brutal schedule in comparison to some of the other top teams (Bowl teams in bold)

2008 Georgia Bulldogs schedule

Georgia Southern
    Central Michigan
    at South Carolina
    at Arizona State

Alabama
    Tennessee

Vanderbilt
    at LSU
    Florida
    at Kentucky
    at Auburn
    Georgia Tech

Marcus Mariota

kiss my converse....

lol, i couldn't resist steelcityroller.

georgia is going to be a beast, but i agree with you....being in the sec is tough and remaining on top will be determined on how healthy & focused they can stay.

i think ohio state will go undefeated cuz their only worry in the big ten is illinois. plus, they return nine starters on both sides of the ball and they have beanie wells, he's a beast of a running back. usc and ohio state in the natinoal championship.

i just hope my irish can make a bowl game. soft schedule, it's possible.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    kiss my converse....

lol, i couldn't resist steelcityroller.

georgia is going to be a beast, but i agree with you....being in the sec is tough and remaining on top will be determined on how healthy & focused they can stay.

i think ohio state will go undefeated cuz their only worry in the big ten is illinois. plus, they return nine starters on both sides of the ball and they have beanie wells, he's a beast of a running back. usc and ohio state in the natinoal championship.

i just hope my irish can make a bowl game. soft schedule, it's possible.
    Keep in mind they play each other in the regular season so one is at least gonna have one loss. You have to wonder if Ohio State is sitting there at the end of the season with one loss if the voters are gonna take into consideration that they have played for the national championship the last two years and got spanked both times? But honestly I think they have the best chance to get back to the National Title game. Out of the top teams they have the easiest schedule. They dont have a conference championship. They dont have questions at key positions. You look at USC they have a new quarterback. You look at Georgia and Oklahoma they play in conferences that are loaded this year and they also have to play in conference championships.

Marcus Mariota

U of I #19 not bad not bad. I believe they play at Mizzou week 1. Or neutral site. And theyre ranked 7. Big game for both teams

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Keep in mind they play each other in the regular season so one is at least gonna have one loss. You have to wonder if Ohio State is sitting there at the end of the season with one loss if the voters are gonna take into consideration that they have played for the national championship the last two years and got spanked both times? But honestly I think they have the best chance to get back to the National Title game. Out of the top teams they have the easiest schedule. They dont have a conference championship. They dont have questions at key positions. You look at USC they have a new quarterback. You look at Georgia and Oklahoma they play in conferences that are loaded this year and they also have to play in conference championships.
    brainfart on my part, i forgot that they play each other. i guess depending on what week it is, they could feasibly see each other again in the national championship. especially if it's early on in the season....that way a loss doesn't hurt as much.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    brainfart on my part, i forgot that they play each other. i guess depending on what week it is, they could feasibly see each other again in the national championship. especially if it's early on in the season....that way a loss doesn't hurt as much.
    It is early, I think 2nd or 3rd week, so they could conceivably meet again if they both run the table, but like steel said I think the fact they've got spanked 2 years in a row in the NC game will weigh heavily against them. SO OSU better make sure and win that game and go undefeated.