Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Coaches rank U-M No. 24 in nation

by Philip Zaroo | MLive.com
    Friday August 01, 2008, 10:42 AM

USA Today released its preseason top 25 coaches' poll, and Michigan cracked the list at No. 24.

Georgia topped the list, while Ohio State was the highest-ranked Big Ten team at No. 3. Three other teams in the conference came in ahead of the Wolverines: Wisconsin (12), Illinois (19) and Penn State (22).

Predictions have run the gamut for Michigan, which is adopting new head coach Rich Rodriguez's offensive and defensive system, but lost several key players to graduation and the NFL draft.

vCash
    I dont see why they should be ranked at all. Not being a jerk, but I think that they were put in the preseason poll out of respect of the name.

vCash
    I agree ^

I was kind of surprised to see them ranked, but 24th in the preseason rankings isnt really that great anyway...so its no big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I dont see why they should be ranked at all. Not being a jerk, but I think that they were put in the preseason poll out of respect of the name.
    That happens in every college sport though. Its always the big name schools who are in the preaseason polls. Basketball is the same way too.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig

vCash
    ^Yeah i know thats why i said that..there is no way UM should be in the preseason rankings. I agree they dont mean much, but still..

vCash
    I hate preseason polls. they shouldnt have any polls till the 4th or 5th week. otherwise the suprise team of the year has to climb from #50 and it is that much harder to get ranked while usc gets ranked high gets beat by stanford and hardly drops at all because they were ranked high to start and every writer gives pete carroll reach arounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    ^Yeah i know thats why i said that..there is no way UM should be in the preseason rankings. I agree they dont mean much, but still..
    Yeah sorry i meant to say that i agreed with u. I was just adding to what u said.

THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

props to rdwilliamson for the sig