Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    eh, Dukakis was kind of ******** anyway
    He was a lousy candidate. Just like Bob Dole, John Kerry, and John McCain. Some people just can't seem to get their act together. Nothing against their previous accomplishments, but they couldn't/can't handle a national race.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    What about the numerous implications by democrats, that Republicans hate poor people? Is that slimy?
    Pretty much. Of course it doesn't seem to bother them too much. They haven't really tried that hard to reverse that viewpoint.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Pretty much. Of course it doesn't seem to bother them too much. They haven't really tried that hard to reverse that viewpoint.
    Well when "hating the poor" is "refusal to support expanding government handouts" then there's not really much they can do.

They don't do too badly with blue class working people though. So that's something.

vCash
    Republicans don't hate poor people. They just don't talk down to poor people, give them welfare programs that keep them poor, and demand their vote every November.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Republicans don't hate poor people. They just don't talk down to poor people, give them welfare programs that keep them poor, and demand their vote every November.
    I doubt "poor people" consider it "talking down to them". And the old cliche about the welfare programs is so hackneyed BB. Come on. If there's one thing Obama does have some expertise in, it's dealing with poverty issues in other ways than merely handing out money.
    Last edited by ink; 08-02-2008 at 03:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Provide examples of Obama sliming his opposition with clear untruths like McCain has done.
    He just has his suragets do it. Wesley Clark, ring a bell?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    He just has his surrogates do it. Wesley Clark, ring a bell?
    Well, first of all, that happened in March. Second, rightly or wrongly, he was endorsing Hillary Clinton, NOT OBAMA, over McCain. You've taken those comments right out of context. And thirdly, what Clark said is not untrue:
    Everybody admires John McCain's service as a fighter pilot, his courage as a prisoner of war. There's no issue there. He's a great man and an honorable man. But having served as a fighter pilot — and I know my experience as a company commander in Vietnam — that doesn’t prepare you to be commander-in-chief in terms of dealing with the national strategic issues that are involved. It may give you a feeling for what the troops are going through in the process, but it doesn't give you the experience first hand of the national strategic issues.
    Source: National Review

The exact same points were made in this forum a week or two ago, and there wasn't much disagreement. As honorable as McCain's service was (and it genuinely was), being a POW and a fighter pilot does not mean you have national security experience. So, there's nothing AT ALL wrong with those statements.

vCash
    I love this kind of stuff.

Portraying Mccain's campaign as dirty, and Obama as trying to stay above the fray...but getting dragged into it by Mccain.

BS.
    well clearly mccains campaign does look dirty. he runs an aggressive attack obama campaign and theres no denying it. upon first inspection people tend to think that this guy is angry all the time, too serious and cold, unless youre a vet. given the circumstances, there's no other campaign that mccain can run. but as obama claimed that he was above the mudslinging and political jibberish, he drags himself into a corner. in order to defend himself, he cannot always say "that's not what i meant" or "youre misleading". he has to attack back with some mud of his own. and that not makes him a hypocrite.
    this is very similar to people saying that they're not racist and that they treat all people equally and all that nonsense.

vCash
    I am not running for president

I am going to stay right here and do what the good people of Illinois elected me to do
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Obama hasn't really "slimed" Mccain. Mccain hasn't really "slimed Obama" apart from that "he went to the gym...instead of visiting the troops" which was a bit off base, but still....we never really got a satisfactory answer on why Obama canceled that part of his trip. But the celebrity ad got more attention, which I found odd.

I thought that the whole "They're going to try and scare you away from me because I'm black" thing was a little off base. That definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

So...I don't really know where I'm going with this....my main problem with Obama is that he keeps saying "I'm gonna stick to the issues" but he doesn't bring up the issues all that much other than "I am for change...and Mccain has no new ideas" type stuff.
    hey hannity, show me where he said "they are going to scare you away because I'm black". he never once said those words. the right wing spin artists put that interpretation on it, but that is not what he said. I find what he said to be more of a counter against the muslim smears. so that shouldn't "rub you the wrong way", unless your listening to the hannity interpretation, because obama's words were nothing of what you said they were.

mccain is running the in the mud campaign that hillary was, same thing. don't act like it's different. it's exactly what mccain said he wouldn't do. obama has not gone down that road one bit, and you can't provide an example to prove otherwise

vCash
    Well when "hating the poor" is "refusal to support expanding government handouts" then there's not really much they can do.

They don't do too badly with blue class working people though. So that's something.
    actually hating the poor is insulting them with tax breaks for the richest 1% despite repeated examples of how it never "trickles down", every one of those taxbreaks to the rich is a slap in the face of the poor, and every educated economist alive

vCash
    It misrepresents what Obama would really be doing anyway as far as taxes are concerned

He wants certain tax cuts to not be renewed and make different ones helping a different spectrum of people for a change

I feel like it boils down to who's side are you on..............those making xxx,xxx and up, or those making xxx,xxx and below
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    It misrepresents what Obama would really be doing anyway as far as taxes are concerned

He wants certain tax cuts to not be renewed and make different ones helping a different spectrum of people for a change

I feel like it boils down to who's side are you on..............those making xxx,xxx and up, or those making xxx,xxx and below
    that's pretty accurate. except those on the below side also need to be informed that breaks for those on the above side will never hit their pockets in any trickle down bs that has been disproved time and time again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post

Well for the record, I don't make anywhere near those tax breaks, and I'm for McCain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Well for the record, I don't make anywhere near those tax breaks, and I'm for McCain.
    well that is fine as well, I am sure there are more out there that feel that way

judging buy the way Obama has out paced McCains donations shows that there are probably just as many folks on the upside of that bracket for Obama

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast