Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 40 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250901405401040 ... LastLast

Thread: Old threads

There is no chance that Aliu and Beach will be on the 4th line. No chance at all. I feel like I am going on a rant about this 4th line but don't even get it in your head that there is a chance that those two play on the 4th line this year. That would hamper their development and be a terrible thing for our team. Young forwards have problems playing on the defensive side and that is why you need veterans who know their role. Beach and Aliu should be out there as power forwards scoring goals, not as 4th liners who cant do anything more. I feel like I can't say it enough but I feel that for some reason people either don't agree with me or they choose to disregard it. Please tell me someone out there understands what I am saying! NO CHANCE they are playing Aliu/Beach on the 4th line, NO CHANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    There is no chance that Aliu and Beach will be on the 4th line. No chance at all. I feel like I am going on a rant about this 4th line but don't even get it in your head that there is a chance that those two play on the 4th line this year. That would hamper their development and be a terrible thing for our team. Young forwards have problems playing on the defensive side and that is why you need veterans who know their role. Beach and Aliu should be out there as power forwards scoring goals, not as 4th liners who cant do anything more. I feel like I can't say it enough but I feel that for some reason people either don't agree with me or they choose to disregard it. Please tell me someone out there understands what I am saying! NO CHANCE they are playing Aliu/Beach on the 4th line, NO CHANCE!

I understand
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan71 View Post
    I'm down for Hijamarlsson for Vermette or even Barker for Vermette. We could even go Barker+Bulin for Vermette+Neil or Fisher
    Fisher is going absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoorock View Post
    Ottawa is $12MM under the cap right now at $45MM. They've got their big guns locked up long term (Heatley, Spezza, Fisher) and have 2 RFAs....
    You mean to say Daniel Alfredsson isn't one of the big guns?

LOL .... its totally true .... i dont understand how people would even want them on the 4th line. Its crazy talk. They need to either be in the minors, or up on the 2nd, or maybe 3rd line. Id like to see Lapointe come back and play on the 4th line. He was a great influence on Teows and others ... and im sure they would love to see him come back.

snipeshow said - You mean to say Daniel Alfredsson isn't one of the big guns?

C'mon...Alfredsson is a gimme. Alfie's their captain for god's sake. He's not going anywhere soon and they have options on him through 2011-12.

As for the rest of you....don't make me start a "Lapointe Haters" thread on here, because I'd get a lot of support. Man I hope he stays far away from this team.

And I hope I don't have to start a "Beach and Aliu will never be on the 4th line in a Blackhawk uniform, otherwise we would have wasted their development, skill, future, and two high draft picks" thread. But I will! haha and then I will start a "Eager, Burish, Craig Adams are great for the Blackhawks 4th line and if any of them get traded or injured, than Kevyn Adams and Martin Lapointe would be great low cost, veteran, leadership for the 4th line" just you wait! haha all in good fun of course

If Aliu or Beach makes this team this year they will almost be guarenteed to play on the top line with Toews and Kane. They both play a physical game and have a solid offensive abilities. I would expect Aliu to make it over Beach this season however (not basing this off of anything particular, just a hunch).

http://www.360Elite4free.com/index.php?ref=3943971

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

I would really like to see Lang and Havlat both moved at some point soon. Lang is over paid and is completely one dimensional. He plays well in the offensive zone but is a liability defensively and turns the puck over way to often in the neutral zone on a young team. I keep praying that Havlat will stay healthy long enough for him to be packaged in a deal with a couple of prospects for a one of this season's disgruntled stars (Kovalchuk???). It's a long shot for Havlat to regain much trade value at all but I can pray right?

Sign up using this link to get a free Xbox 360 Elite. Set up your account as a referal account. Then select Instant Offers and choose one of those to do and complete the offer.

I don't know if I would guarantee them to play on the top line with Toews/Kane if they make the team this year. I think that Aliu/Beach could see some time on the top line, but I am guessing Aliu/Beach will struggle on the defensive side of the puck which is why I think Sharp is a great option for that top line. I think that if you play Aliu/Beach on a third line with a guy like Byfuglien, Ladd, Bolland, would be beneficial to their development. I think they could obviously play on a top two line but I think playing them around 13 - 15 minutes a night, as most 3rd lines do, would be good for them.

Also, one quick comment while I was looking at the Blackhawks active roster recently. The active roster is usually held for guys that have 1 one way contracts, as a guy like Bolland who played most of last year on the Blackhawks isn't even on it. However, the recently signed Matt Walker is on the active roster. I was hoping that the Blackhawks signed him to a two-way contract and I hope that is the case. I just wanted to toss that out there and see if anyone had his exact contract details.

"Antoine Vermette has avoided arbitration, the Sun has learned.

Sources say the Senators centre agreed to a two-year, $5.525 million contract this morning. He will make $2.525 million next season and $3 million in 2009-10."

Well there go the Antoine Vermette rumors. Signed at two years, I definitely do not see this as a 'sign and trade' because they got a great price on him for the next two years. He will start next year in a senators jersey. Time to move on Blackhawks fans, lets drum up those Khabibulin rumors again just I am not seeing Vermette being traded at all.

Scotty Bowman is Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    JULY 31, 2008

BLACKHAWKS TO HOST MAJOR PRESS CONFERENCE TODAY

Who: John McDonough, Chicago Blackhawks President
    Dale Tallon, Chicago Blackhawks General Manager
    Stan Bowman, Chicago Blackhawks Assistant General Manager, Hockey Operations
    Scotty Bowman, Hockey Hall of Famer

What: Press conference to introduce Scotty Bowman as Senior Advisor, Hockey Operations

When: Thursday, July 31, 2008
    2:00 P.M. CT

Where: United Center ? Press Lounge
    1901 W. Madison Street
    Chicago, IL 60612

Credit to 300 level boards

Scotty Bowman a Blackhawk

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=379231

Scotty Bowman will be announced as the Chicago Blackhawks Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations.

I remember a month ago when he denied this ever happening. If anyone can find that article please post it.

Decent move by the Blackhawks as they are bringing another winner into their orginazation. You build a winning team by surrounding yourself with winners, and we all know way too well that Scotty Bowman is a winner.

Here's one of the articles:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../80624075/1053

Bringing on Bowman definitely enhances the "culture of winning" that McDonough is obviously trying to bring to the organization. As much as I despise the Red Wings, I've always respected Scotty as one of the smartest hockey minds in the game. Great move by the Hawks.

Absolutely, you gotta hate the Red Wings right now and always, but you can also respect them for how good they are. I mean, who here doesn't think Stevie Y was a great player and an amazing leader? I'd like to see that argument be made.
    The funny thing about Scotty Bowman coming here is that he said no way was he leaving Detroit for Chicago about a month ago. Obviously if Scotty can lie, we all know Dale can too about trade rumors. If that Scotty Bowman rumor can be shot down, so can a larger three way deal. It also goes to show you that since a rumor dies down, it really might actually have picked up legs and just the media isn't getting wind of it.
    Overall, bringing another winner into the organization. Another great move by the new ownership and the higher ups under Rocky, such as McDonough.

Absolutely, you gotta hate the Red Wings right now and always, but you can also respect them for how good they are. I mean, who here doesn't think Stevie Y was a great player and an amazing leader? I'd like to see that argument be made.
    The funny thing about Scotty Bowman coming here is that he said no way was he leaving Detroit for Chicago about a month ago. Obviously if Scotty can lie, we all know Dale can too about trade rumors. If that Scotty Bowman rumor can be shot down, so can a larger three way deal. It also goes to show you that since a rumor dies down, it really might actually have picked up legs and just the media isn't getting wind of it.
    Overall, bringing another winner into the organization. Another great move by the new ownership and the higher ups under Rocky, such as McDonough.
    Yeah that must be it!