6 9.09%
  • David Price

35 53.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Price

He's a great leftie i'd love to see him in boston

vCash
    How could this not be Joba? I mean Price and Kershaw have great upside but Joba has already proved to be one of the best starters in the league.

10.5 K rate, K/BB rate over 3, 52% groundballs as a MLB starter are about where Lincecum's were last year. I mean those numbers, over a full season, are the best of anyone in baseball (aside from maybe Lince) so unless you think Price and Kershaw will be historically good he has just as much upside, if not more, and has pretty much reached it already where as neither of those guys has had too much MLB success.

vCash
    kershaw then price kershaw is like 2 or 3 yrs younger n has filthy off speed stuff n throws in the mid 90's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsjetsfan View Post
    kershaw then price kershaw is like 2 or 3 yrs younger n has filthy off speed stuff n throws in the mid 90's
    Kershaw is no longer prospect-eligible, since he's surpassed the 50 IP mark.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mission27 View Post
    How could this not be Joba? I mean Price and Kershaw have great upside but Joba has already proved to be one of the best starters in the league.

10.5 K rate, K/BB rate over 3, 52% groundballs as a MLB starter are about where Lincecum's were last year. I mean those numbers, over a full season, are the best of anyone in baseball (aside from maybe Lince) so unless you think Price and Kershaw will be historically good he has just as much upside, if not more, and has pretty much reached it already where as neither of those guys has had too much MLB success.
    There's a lot of concern over Joba's durability. If we're going purely by what each person has done in the majors, I agree it has to be Joba, but when you guy by what they're going to do in the future, there can be some debate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    There's a lot of concern over Joba's durability. If we're going purely by what each person has done in the majors, I agree it has to be Joba, but when you guy by what they're going to do in the future, there can be some debate.
    Durability issues I can understand, but it's not like he's been always hurt like a Harden or Prior. It's not like he has bad mechanics. It's not like the Yankees have mis handled him. There are no signs pointing to injury problems continuing.

And I hate the upside argument as well. Their upside is what Joba Chamberlain has already done as a big league starter. I mean if your telling me they will be better than 10.5/3/52% with a 2.6 ERA at the big league level, then fine, but even if they reach their full upside I just doubt they are better than that.

It would be like saying coming into 08 that you would rather have Homer Bailey than Tim Lincecum because Bailey had upside and because Lincecum was an injury concern with those mechanics, without considering that even if Bailey does everything he's supposed to do he's basically where Tim Lincecum already is and there is a major risk he wont reach that potential.

I love Price and Kershaw, but I'll take the guy who's already dominating big league hitters every day of the week.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123