11 16.67%
  • Clay Buccholz

6 9.09%
  • David Price

35 53.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerzfan44 View Post
    How could anyone pick Price over Kershaw. Kershaw is 20, Price is 23. Kershaw and Price both throw about the same speed on their fastball. Also, Kershaw is already in the majors and price is not. Plus if you want to build around a pitcher, wouldn't you rather build around a guy 3 years younger.
    Price throws harder and is almost in the bigs. Him and Kershaw are about the same as far as how far they are in their progression.

vCash
    Price but only barely over Kershaw. Clay isn't even close in my opinion.
    [CENTER][[CENTER]

vCash
    How could anyone pick Price over Kershaw. Kershaw is 20, Price is 23. Kershaw and Price both throw about the same speed on their fastball. Also, Kershaw is already in the majors and price is not. Plus if you want to build around a pitcher, wouldn't you rather build around a guy 3 years younger.
    Who cares if he made the bigs faster than Price? That's on the Dodgers making more of a publicity stunt than anything. Price throws a harder fastball and because he is older, is a more polished pitcher since he went to college.

vCash
    before todays game, in which he went 7 inn. and gave up one run, Kershaw had two straight 6 inn. shutout in which he only allowed 1 walk.

Clippers' savior?

vCash
    before todays game, in which he went 7 inn. and gave up one run, Kershaw had two straight 6 inn. shutout in which he only allowed 1 walk.
    And this proves what?
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    Price throws harder and is almost in the bigs. Him and Kershaw are about the same as far as how far they are in their progression.
    Which is kind of pathetic since Price is 2 years older (oh and he doesn't throw harder either)

I can't believe this poll, honestly.

DAVID PRICE IS NOT THAT GOOD.

His K rate in AA is only 7.60/9, and he's 22. Kershaw's K/9 in AA as a 20 year old is 8.66. And forget Joba and Clay, they both MURDER David Price in terms of stats. Not to mention all 3 of Kershaw, Joba and Clay have better pure stuff (yes even Clay, his control is just pure trash this year in the bigs). The only advantage that Price has is that he's a lefty. If there was no hype surrounding this guy from being a #1 draft pick none of you guys would be talking about him like this.

Oh, and being a college pitcher WORKS AGAINST HIM. There are two minor league pitchers this year who have better stats (Trevor Cahill, Brett Anderson) and have stuff which is just as good, and they're only 20. That means they're already BETTER than David Price at a similar level, AND they're 2 years older, but I bet none of you know anything about them because you've bought into the David Price hype machine.
    Last edited by Cheesyhoboe; 08-07-2008 at 06:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    Who cares if he made the bigs faster than Price? That's on the Dodgers making more of a publicity stunt than anything. Price throws a harder fastball and because he is older, is a more polished pitcher since he went to college.
    It had nothing to do with Penny being injured I'm sure... Also don't pass around the myth that just because you go to college you are more "polished" then a player that never went.

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesyhoboe View Post
    Which is kind of pathetic since Price is 2 years older (oh and he doesn't throw harder either)

I can't believe this poll, honestly.

DAVID PRICE IS NOT THAT GOOD.

His K rate in AA is only 7.60/9, and he's 22. Kershaw's K/9 in AA as a 20 year old is 8.66.
    Price has an 8.31 K/9 in AA, an 8.83 K/9 in the Minors this year overall, a 4.47 K/BB rate as opposed to Kershaw's 3.11 K/BB this year and a 2.43 K/BB last year. He also has a superior ground ball ratio to Kershaw in AA (1.54 to 1.02). And let's not forget this is his first year of pro ball.

I'd say the hype is pretty justified.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

vCash
    Clayton Kershaw-3 years younger then Price which means 3 more years to improve. They are extremely close talent wise.
    David Price-Could easily be Number 1.
    Joba Chamberlain-May have the best stuff, but I question his durability even before this injury.

Clay Buccholz-A distant 4th IMO. Yes he threw the no-no, but has not done much that impresses me since. A bright future yes, but not on par with these 3 aces to be(barring injury)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zzConflict View Post
    Price has an 8.31 K/9 in AA, an 8.83 K/9 in the Minors this year overall, a 4.47 K/BB rate as opposed to Kershaw's 3.11 K/BB this year and a 2.43 K/BB last year. He also has a superior ground ball ratio to Kershaw in AA (1.54 to 1.02). And let's not forget this is his first year of pro ball.

I'd say the hype is pretty justified.
    Kershaw = 20

Price = 22

Kershaw is 2 years younger and has a higher ceiling with nearly the same level of production at AA this year as Price.

What really gets me though, is the people who think Price is by far better than Joba

Joba's K/9 in AA: 14.73

GB rate: 54%

Price's K/9 in AA: 8.31

GB rate: 57%

And then...

Joba's K/9 in MLB as a starter: 10.69

GB rate as a starter: 50%

But of course somehow Price, who is older than Joba and in AA, is somehow far better.

The hype is not justified.

vCash
    Joba slightly over Clay...

vCash
    Price then Kershaw then your choice between the injury problems of Joba and the supposed weak psyche of Buchholz

vCash
    Price. That guy is a beast.

vCash
    You know what, I'll go out on a limb and say that Tommy Hanson ends up better than any of them.

vCash
    price

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast