Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Out of ALL the farm systems in the league, which would you want?

Voters
314. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

7 2.23%
  • Oakland Athletics

30 9.55%
  • Texas Rangers

56 17.83%
  • Seattle Mariners

5 1.59%
  • Chicago White Sox

7 2.23%
  • Chicago Cubs

9 2.87%
  • Cleveland Indians

6 1.91%
  • Kansas City Royals

8 2.55%
  • Minnesota Twins

6 1.91%
  • Detroit Tigers

3 0.96%
  • Boston Red Sox

35 11.15%
  • New York Yankees

21 6.69%
  • Toronto Blue Jays

16 5.10%
  • Baltimore Orioles

10 3.18%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

77 24.52%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

7 2.23%
  • Milwaukee Brewers

14 4.46%
  • San Diego Padres

3 0.96%
  • Arizona Diamondbacks

6 1.91%
  • Pittsburgh Pirates

7 2.23%
  • Cincinatti Reds

6 1.91%
  • Houston Astros

3 0.96%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

19 6.05%
  • San Fransisco Giants

35 11.15%
  • Colorado Rockies

5 1.59%
  • Washington Nationals

4 1.27%
  • New York Mets

10 3.18%
  • Philadelphia Phillies

10 3.18%
  • Florida Marlins

28 8.92%
  • Atlanta Braves

31 9.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    a's ray's

vCash
    fish system is stacked right now but texas and A's and TB are all better

sanchez, volstad, tucker, west, stanton, morrison, galloway, skipworth, dominguez, coughlan, etc etc etc

they have a ton more of arms down there with good potential and some top flight guys at near every position

TB is pretty drained after all they have called up but god I love how they produce often,
    Last edited by fishfan79; 11-11-2008 at 07:22 PM.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Rays pretty easily too. Although I like the Rangers and the A's. Watch out for the Mets in 2 years(homer I know) but they got a lot of talent in the low minors right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaRRySandAmaN View Post
    Really????? I dont know if I would put them ahead of the Brewers.... I see no love for the Brewers. Look at the Farm down there then go and vote again. There is so much talent down there it is crazy, Jack Zduriencik is one of the best evaluators of talent in the game.
    Brewers? Come on. Who's their star propect? Laporta?

Yanks got plenty of star propects, Jackson, Aceves, Montero, or Melacon? I just dont think the Brewers have that star prospect anymore.
    Duke '10 NCAA Tournament Champs
    Yankes '09 World Series Champs
    Giants '08 Super Bowl Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nascar10294 View Post
    Brewers? Come on. Who's their star propect? Laporta?

Yanks got plenty of star propects, Jackson, Aceves, Montero, or Melacon? I just dont think the Brewers have that star prospect anymore.
    on so many different levels.

First of all, he got traded for CC. Second of all, don't be a homer. Matt Gamel, Alcides Escobar, and Jefferes are all better than Aceves and Melancon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    fish system is stacked right now

sanchez, volstad, tucker, west, stanton, morrison, galloway, skipworth, dominguez, coughlan, etc etc etc

they have a ton more of arms down there with good potential and some top flight guys at near every position

TB is pretty drained after all they have called up but god I love how they produce often,
    Price, McGee, Davis, Hellickson, Mason, Royster, Morlan, Beckham.....

Yeah they're totally drained.

vCash
    sox still have a strong system even after the graduations of masterson, ellsbury, and buchholz

Lars Anderson is now their beast of the minors
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    Price, McGee, Davis, Hellickson, Mason, Royster, Morlan, Beckham.....

Yeah they're totally drained.
    Im with you, they still got some talent but the gap isnt the grand Canyon anymore.

Price stands a good chance of losing his prospect status if he gets called up soon...Still the best young pitcher by a large amount in the minors though..That kid is special
    McGee..TJ
    Davis..Domianted AA, AAA # are driven by a .192 BABIP
    Heilikson-young for AA, but not a dominating talent after 3 years in the minors
    Mason-Getting killed in AAA mainly becasue of BABIP and HR's but 3-10
    Royster-21 in A ball...Kids got alot of potential but .391 BABIP..35 BB 121 K's
    Morlan- Reliver
    Beckham-Love the pick, but he is just 18. Great to see they got the guy that will stay at SS with the problems wuth Brigniac in AAA.

Im not going to say that TB is totally drained, but the huge gap between TB and the rest of the league has shrunk.

Just by attrition TB has lost Longoria for sure maybe Price but most likely he wont get enough innings. Boston lost Bucholz and Elsbury out of a very top heavy system and lowrie might lose his status with the Lugo injury (101 ABs right now). Texas lost Davis , with Hurley and Harrison should be going depending on IP,Cinic lost Votto, Bruce and Cueto.

TB can be said to have replaced some of that luster with the Beckham pick and having the 1st pick in all the rounds of the draft, Texas replaced Davis with Smoak and the developement of Feliz, Boston will drop alot with Anderson and Riddick getting the most attention, and Cinci was by far the most top heavy of BA top 4 and should fall way down.

Oak is the true wildcard in this whole discussion. A lot of talented SP, with very few guys that can be labeled as dominating Ace type with the whole package. Even without the true #1 guy, this is an awesome collection of minor league SP talent. The shortage of postion players that dont 2B is also an issue.

I still think im going to go TB unless they lose another high profile guy to injury or graduation. Followed by Texas at 2a and Oak at 2b, (That division is going to be a blood bath in the future) most likely followed up by either Fla or Balt, and then LAD, NYY, Bos...

A lot of this will change just by draft signings, injuries, the rest of the Milb season and the expected trades from several teams this winter to clear up some potential logjams at postions.

vCash
    on so many different levels.

First of all, he got traded for CC. Second of all, don't be a homer. Matt Gamel, Alcides Escobar, and Jefferes are all better than Aceves and Melancon.
    Thank you. The Brewers still have a very good system.

The Brewers have:
    Name, Position, Age, Level

Gamel 3B - 23 - AA .336 avg, .401 obp, .545 slg, .946 ops 16 HR 84 RBI
    Escobar SS - 21 - AA .338 avg, .373 obp, .444 slg, .817 ops 8 HR 66 RBI
    Brantley OF - 21 - AA .320 avg, .398 obp, .410 slg, .809 ops 4 HR 38 RBI (41BB to 20 SO)
    Gillespie LF - 24 - AA .278 avg, .384 obp, .479 slg, .863 ops 13 HR 70 RBI
    Salome C - 22 - AA .343 avg, .398 obp, .531 slg, .929 ops 9 HR 68 RBI
    Cain OF - 22 - AA .271 avg, .355 obp, .486 slg, .841 ops 2 HR 11 RBI in 29 games

Not much in the way of Pitching just yet but with Periard and Jeffress now up in AA it should be better and along with Odorizzi, Scarpetta, Peralta, Fredrickson, Nieves, Adams, Arnold and so on in A ball and Rookie league. The Brewers still have more hitting prospects down there as well in the lines of Green, Lucroy, Gindl, Fryer, Wheeler, Komatsu, Zarraga.

Dont discount the Brewers just because you dont hear much of the prospects in our system. Im also looking forward for Odorizzi, Scrapetta, Jeffress, Fredrickson, Peralta to see how well they do as they move up. I believe tomorrow is going to be Jeffress' first AA start but could be wrong if i missed counted the days.

All in all the Brewers still have a very good system and with the right guys coming up and emerge this system could be elite, especially if Jack Z. stays with the Brewers.

vCash
    I don't follow a lot of teams farm.. but I'm happy with My Braves Farm
    "Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." ~ President Ronald Regan

vCash
    I would say either TB or PIT.

vCash
    Rays
    Rangers
    Reds

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    BA had the Brewers at #21....then they dealt their top prospect. They had the Yanks at #5.
    Link?

vCash
    Orioles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazinMets View Post
    Link?
    It's Baseball America, you need a subscription.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast