Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Yes. And Mccain has talked about reducing spending, and whatnot.

I get "tunnel deeper into debt" out of that, because they will be unable to "pay as they go" if they do lower taxes. And we are already at what? Almost a 500 billion dollar deficit, and how many trillions in debt?

Even if he is able to "pay as we go" on his national health care plan (which won't happen)...we'd still be in massive debt.
    I agree that it will take more than one term as McCain has promised to balance the budget. Our official debt stands at 9.3 trillion. And yes we'll still be in "massive debt" even if the budget is balanced. These are two different issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Moon ... you're turning rogue. You've even turned on people that tend to be on your "side," per se.

Look, we respect McCain, his service, etc. But, we also respect the man's opinion (and his right to his opinion). It's an American right. You're more than welcome to disagree with McCain's opinion all you want -- and everybody else's as well.

If McCain wants to believe that Islamic Extremism is the biggest threat to our economy ... or the biggest threat to our way of life, period ... then so be it. Hey, if the man wants to believe that little green martians are the biggest threat to our way of life, and that we should invade Mars - that's his perogative.

I can disagree with him ... but I'll be showing it at my polling place. I generally disagree with McCain -- just as I sometimes disagree with Obama. But, to berate other PSD members who have the right to their own opinion (which generally align with your own - and have agreed with you on multiple levels) is absurd.

I'm sorry. I disagree with your tactics.
    show me what was disrespectful in my original post. Practically all of MSM said Guiliani made the mistake of running on what happened on 9/11. Now it appears McCain may repeat the mistake by overstating the threat represented by Islamic extremism.

We've already witnessed one overreaction. We've spent over 4,000 lives and nearly a trillion dollars going to war against a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.

I stick to the facts. It is others who argue for an emotional POV in subjective rather than objective terms. I suggest I'm owed the respect of objectivity, if anyone on this board is capable of objectivity that is.

vCash
    i dont think you can "oversstate" the threat of islamic terrorism. When another huge attack can happen at any moment, then you just cant put the issue aside and hope it goes away.
    And yes, it can have an effect on the economy... just look at what happened to the airline industry after 9/11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
    i dont think you can "oversstate" the threat of islamic terrorism. When another huge attack can happen at any moment, then you just cant put the issue aside and hope it goes away.
    And yes, it can have an effect on the economy... just look at what happened to the airline industry after 9/11
    People are flying less because of the price of oil. Losses to the major airlines as a result of 9/11 was about 15 billion IIRC. Both passenger and cargo shipments had returned within six months of 9/11.

that's the best defense of McCain insane statement I've read yet. Congrats for staying on point.

As for overstating or over-reacting to the threat, you don't think the Patriot Act l & ll is an over reaction? How 'bout entombing our homes in plastic and duct tape? Operation Iraqi Freedom isn't an over-reaction to 9/11, especially when no Iraqi was found to have anything to do with 9/11? How 'bout searching grandmothers at airports who've never traveled outside our borders?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    Thank you for proving I did infer your original post correctly. As far as respecting McCain the person I can and do. I do not respect stupidity in a candidate for president.

Now, can you show by some evidence that Islamic extremism is single greatest threat to our economy? C'mon and show your respect for McCain by defending his statement that Islamic extremism is the greatest threat to our economy. How be you start by explaining the impact of Islamic extremism on our single largest trade relationship with Canada. Well....
    you once again completely ignored and incorrectly "inferred" my original post. Good job on continuing your streak of terrible reading comprehension.

Why would you ask me for evidence that islamic extremism is the single greatest threat. If you actually read my post (either of them) correctly, you would see I don't agree with him.

Way to prove my point that you don't read the posts by people whom you disagree with.
    oh my god! did you hear? Alex Rodriguez left a floater and didn't do a double flush!!! someone alert the media this must be news!

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    What does that have to do with what McCain said? That there so far is nobody who can offer any evidence supporting McCain's idear that Islamic extremism is the single greatest threat to our economy, indicates just how stupid McCain's idear actually is.
    if john mccain thinks that the biggest threat to America is terrorist then FINE!

i think the number 1 job of a president is not to make sure we pay less than 4 dollars for gas, go to the movies, eat what we wants or anything else.. THE NUMBER 1 JOB FOR THE PRESIDENT IS TO MAKE SURE AMERICANS ARE SAFE.

now once our security is established THEN the president should take care of other issues.. such as health care, and cancer research.

ask the people in India this week if terrorism isn't a big threat anymore where 174 people got blown up while riding a train to work...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...sts/index.html

London got bombed last year, Madrid got hit in 2004 so the threat is still there...and if you dont think terrorist attacks really hinder the economy then your a frikin artard... ever hear of gas going up cause someone blows up a pipeline in Africa?
    Last edited by Doc Fluty; 07-29-2008 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    People are flying less because of the price of oil. Losses to the major airlines as a result of 9/11 was about 15 billion IIRC. Both passenger and cargo shipments had returned within six months of 9/11.

that's the best defense of McCain insane statement I've read yet. Congrats for staying on point.

As for overstating or over-reacting to the threat, you don't think the Patriot Act l & ll is an over reaction? How 'bout entombing our homes in plastic and duct tape? Operation Iraqi Freedom isn't an over-reaction to 9/11, especially when no Iraqi was found to have anything to do with 9/11? How 'bout searching grandmothers at airports who've never traveled outside our borders?

"searching grandmothers that have never traveled outside our boarders".... do you have a link for that?
    if they are suspicious of something, then i would rather them get a 2 minute check than have them do something harmful,, wouldnt you?

patriot act i dont really care... im not planning on blowing up anything or laundering money anytime soon

vCash
    Moonman, you and I agree on something for once, though you may not realize it.

I too think we should leave the grandmothers alone, search them less, and focus on another segment of the population actually committing attacks. But that's a rant for a different thread.

Anyway, I'll reiterate it again. He has a right to an opinion, I think you missed his point, etc.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Can we lock up this one too?

I seriously am getting sick of these types of threads from people on both sides. If there's an issue to discuss, that's fine. But this is completely BS.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12