Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which farm systems would you want for potential/future? (Pick 2)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland Indians

8 11.76%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

52 76.47%
  • Colorado Rockies

7 10.29%
  • Kansas City Royals

9 13.24%
  • Arizona Diamondbacks

12 17.65%
  • New York Yankees

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    anyone who didnt say the Rays is an unquestionable homer and you can all admit it to yourself now...the Rays have everything in their farm system...

Evan Longoria at the beginning of the season was number 1 in the Rays farm system and number 2 in baseball and hes proved those prospect forecasters right by being an all star in his first season.

David Price is gonna be the next big thing as starting pitchers go and is gonna be ready to do so like latest the 2009 all star break. He is also the number 10 prospect in baseball.

Wade Davis is another absolute stud starting pitcher and the number 17 prospect in baseball

Jake McGee is ANOTHER stud but unfortunately he just had Tommy John Surgery i think i read but he is coming off being named the number 15 prospect in baseball(thats right ladies 4 of the top 20 in baseball) and his 346 ks over hte last 2 seasons rank 3rd in all of minor league baseball and is the most likely candidate to be the closer of the future for them.

believe it or not it gets better...Reid Brignac a SS is the number 39 prospect in baseball, number 6 prospect Desmond Jennings is ranked as high as 17 in baseball by some magazines but by baseball america is number 59, whats more they also have the number 99 prospect in baseball with fireballer Jeff Niemann who after at one point being deemed a write off is having quite the year

they are far and away with a stud at 3rd, short, center, and 3 top 2 starters really including 4 of the top 20 prospects IN BASEBALL

anyone who doesnt pick them is dreaming

vCash
    Pirates All The Way Baby!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerzfan44 View Post
    Haha, funny. The dodgers have had a top 5 farm system for about the last 20 years and your saying that they have no one other than Kershaw. Masterson and Lowrie are already in the majors and if you say kershaw won't be a prospect soon then what about lowrie and masterson. Masterson has the same # of starts as kershaw and is 3 years older. Also, besides kershaw, the dodgers have chin-lung hu (2007 futures game MVP), Ivan DeJesus (almost 2008 futures game MVP), Luis Ferreras (18 year old pitcher in AA), James McDonald, Scott Elbert, and many others.
    you can have your almost futures game mvp, ill take the ACTUAL mvp (che hsuan lin (red sox system)) for myself.

vCash
    Do you guys want me to make a second one of these threads and have all of the teams involved so then it isn't restricted to just these 6 teams?

vCash
    but the rays are obviously the best

vCash
    well obviously. They'd better after being so terrible after all of these years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GHGHCP View Post
    Check the date you wingnut. I already knew what BA list you were talking about that listed the Red Sox 2nd which is out of date now as Clay and Els aren't considered prospects anymore. Because of that their ranking will fall.

pwnd
    kemp, ethier, laroche, loney, kershaw, billingsley, broxton, and any other sick young players im forgetting to mention arent prospects any more either. that will have a much greater impact on LAs ranking then clay and ellsbury will have on the sox's ranking

vCash
    y arent the marlins there?

vCash
    i think the indians are gonna be good they got some quality players in that trade for CC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets423 View Post
    you can have your almost futures game mvp, ill take the ACTUAL mvp (che hsuan lin (red sox system)) for myself.
    You would be silly, but okay.

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash
    I'll make the second thread with all of the teams involved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GHGHCP View Post
    You seem to think I haven't accounted for that, I assure you you would be wrong. There are plenty more good and elite prospects down in the Dodger pipeline. The same can't be said for the Red Sox.
    Oh really? How come the Sox had 7 in the top 100 before the season started to the Dodgers 4, which 3 will no longer be prospects anymore, and the other one is Elbert, who looks like he's been used as a reliever this year, so that wont help him at all. The Sox will lose 3 maybe 4 of those 7, depending on how many more AB's Lowrie gets. The other three being Anderson(#40), Kalish(#96), and Bowden(#94). Anderson and Bowden have both had great seasons and should both move up. Kalish may fall out of it, but Reddick will likely be there to take his place. You apparently dont know as much as you would like to think you know. I will admitt, the Sox will fall, and thats fine with me. They have brought up 3 rookies this year, all with good potential. So if the farm is emptied, thats fine, as long as they are making to the Sox big league club and not some other team. And with the way the FO drafts, Casey Kelly is a good example, I dont see us falling "like a rock" as you like to think. And if there are som many "elite" prospects in the Dodgers system plaus the 5 you will lose to the ML club this year, why werent you ranked higher then 6th? Cause I mean if you have all those elite prospects down there, shouldnt you be #1? Hell Kershaw alone would put you in the top 20, if not 15. But whatever, Im done with this, Im not a baseball scout, so Ill wait for the professionals to rank them

vCash
    kemp, ethier, laroche, loney, kershaw, billingsley, broxton, and any other sick young players im forgetting to mention arent prospects any more either. that will have a much greater impact on LAs ranking then clay and ellsbury will have on the sox's ranking
    TY, Kershaw alone will move them down a few spots

vCash
    Huh? you think I'm counting Kemp, Ethier, Loney, Billingsley and Kershaw? (Kershaw won't be a prospect next game if he pitches more then 3 innings). Some of those guys haven't been prospects for years.

You know not what you say young one...

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345