Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which farm systems would you want for potential/future? (Pick 2)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland Indians

8 11.76%
  • Tampa Bay Rays

52 76.47%
  • Colorado Rockies

7 10.29%
  • Kansas City Royals

9 13.24%
  • Arizona Diamondbacks

12 17.65%
  • New York Yankees

13 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rays by far and then Rangers 2nd and Dodgers 3rd

thanks to dbroncos78087 on the sig

"One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, where you have to, reach down and prove something."
    -Nolan Ryan

vCash
    Giants, because it would include Lincecum's future children.

Kinsm is offline Kick'em when they're down
    vCash
    It's all about high ceiling pitching, pitching can always be traded for offense...Sabathia and Bedard are good examples. I know of no team other than Tampa Bay who has an abundance of young high ceiling pitchers...so they're my choice.

Pitchers: David Price, Jacob McGee, Wade Davis, Jeff Niemann, Jeremy Hellickson, Chris Mason, Mitch Talbot, James Houser...etc. Even if only a couple of these guys pan out for the MLB club, they could take care of 70 starts a year for them.

Baseball America Rankings for overall players (positional and pitching) entering 2008: Longoria-2, Price-10, McGee-15, Davis-17, Breignac-39, Jennings-59, Niemann-99.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 07-29-2008 at 04:51 AM.

vCash
    Brewers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKaine View Post
    dodgers
    there it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GHGHCP View Post
    Yes. Easily. Now educate yourself on farm systems before you embarrass yourself again.
    Bard, Masterson, Kalish, Anderson, Lowrie. Names I'm sure you've never even heard of.

Once Kershaw isn't a prospect the dodgers will drop like a rock.

vCash
    Wow, I'm not an expert on the minor leagues but I'm surprised the A's aren't listed with all the talent they've acquired through trades/draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFan 53 View Post
    Bard, Masterson, Kalish, Anderson, Lowrie. Names I'm sure you've never even heard of.

Haha, funny. The dodgers have had a top 5 farm system for about the last 20 years and your saying that they have no one other than Kershaw. Masterson and Lowrie are already in the majors and if you say kershaw won't be a prospect soon then what about lowrie and masterson. Masterson has the same # of starts as kershaw and is 3 years older. Also, besides kershaw, the dodgers have chin-lung hu (2007 futures game MVP), Ivan DeJesus (almost 2008 futures game MVP), Luis Ferreras (18 year old pitcher in AA), James McDonald, Scott Elbert, and many others.

Clippers' savior?

vCash
    Why is Arizona getting votes? With the exceptions of J. Parker and M. Scherzer they have essentially nothing even remotely close to the big league level. Entering 2008, BA's top 10 prospects for the team, 4 are now with Oakland and 1 with Washington. They shouldn't even be listed as an option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Wow, I'm not an expert on the minor leagues but I'm surprised the A's aren't listed with all the talent they've acquired through trades/draft.

The A's should be an option, with all the talent that they have acquired through their last five trades. They should be second in voting behind Tampa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFan 53 View Post

Of course I know those names, they just aren't elite prospects, just "nice" prospects. I'll fill you in, tons of farm systems have "nice" prospects in them, that sadly doesn't mean the Red Sox are one of the best farms when Clay and Els aren't prospects anymore. Like I said they will fall like a rock, to the bottom? of course not but right around the middle of the pack.

Trust me the Dodger's farm won't fall like a rock when Kershaw isn't considered a prospect anymore.

Stop embarrassing yourself. I'm starting to think you have no idea on other clubs farms, let alone your own.
    Last edited by GHGHCP; 07-29-2008 at 05:39 AM.

The Giants NL West Division chase.

Gagné's HGH Care Package

vCash
    I'd take the A's over all of them but maybe the Rays.
    beatin down yo block

vCash
    Haha can't believe the Yankees are on this list. And like Humongo said, I'd take the A's over every single one of them...besides the Rays who should be everybody's #1.

vCash
    Haha I mean how are you gonna put the Dbacks on here, and not the A's, when the Dbacks emptied their entire system to the A's this past winter?

vCash
    It is beyond me why the marlins are not on this list. Its just insane when you consider what they have done with their borderline mlb players and triple A stars.. Florida wins hands down!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast