Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 88
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    123
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone who has peyton manning is confused, cuz without his recievers, hes just a switchitter throwing a ball. Brady works with **** and still get's er done.


    Before this season, Bradys best reciever was deion branch. So is branch better then reggie wayne? No. Therefore stating, brady, until last season, has never had a better first string then manning has had a second.


    Top 3

    Brady
    Willis
    AP

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    WADE COUNTY.
    Posts
    19,471
    vCash
    1500
    Patrick Willis was great because he plays in a ****** defense IMO.
    DUKE.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,294
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justhaze View Post
    just because patrick willis and david harris got a lot of tackles doesnt mean they're defensive leaders. it just means they're defense is on the field a lot and they're the only players on their team's that can tackle consistently. both the niners and the jets are in the bottom half of the league in team defense, so i dont think either deserve this kind of hype yet. plus, in their 3-4 defenses, a pass rusher at olb is a lil more important to their success
    I agree, just because you get a ton of tackles doesn't make you a defensive leader, however, the rest of your points are incredibly wrong.

    First off, Willis does deserve the praise he's been given, he's a beast. He was a Rookie Pro-Bowler and he was named to the All-Pro team as well...

    And the Pass Rushing OLB isn't more important than a quality MLB in a 3-4. The MLB is the central playmaker and is almost single handedly responsible for stopping the run. He's so important the DT's job is to free him up to make plays.

    And a perfect example is the Championship Ravens team lol. Who do you think was more important in that Defense RAY LEWIS or Peter Boulware?...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    289
    vCash
    1500
    I'll take Mario Williams

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,712
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree, just because you get a ton of tackles doesn't make you a defensive leader, however, the rest of your points are incredibly wrong.

    First off, Willis does deserve the praise he's been given, he's a beast. He was a Rookie Pro-Bowler and he was named to the All-Pro team as well...

    And the Pass Rushing OLB isn't more important than a quality MLB in a 3-4. The MLB is the central playmaker and is almost single handedly responsible for stopping the run. He's so important the DT's job is to free him up to make plays.

    And a perfect example is the Championship Ravens team lol. Who do you think was more important in that Defense RAY LEWIS or Peter Boulware?...
    That's an awful example. The Ravens didn't run a 3-4. Let's look at the Steelers SB win instead. Who was more valuable? Joey Porter or James Farrior?

    The Answer? Casey Hampton.




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,255
    vCash
    1500
    Vince Young or AP. I'd want to start with a young Offensive superstar, if we could choose guys in their prime it would definetly be (Peyton)Manning hands down.

    Definetly not Brady who is a very very very successful product of billicheck.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisjr08 View Post
    Your on Crack, David Harris Played in Every Single game!!!
    Yes he played in every single game, but he didnt start every game. Did you not read the part where Jonathan Vilma was the starter? Harris would spell Vilma for 5-6 plays a game...Vilma was a machine that never came off the field, the Saints got a steal..Look at the tackle increase when he actually started...



    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It isn't about what you could've done, it's what you did. Willis is better physically and showed that he is the best young LB in the biz by leading the league in Tackles his rookie year. Hell, even if you took out his best game (20 tackles) he still WOULDVE LED THE LEAGUE IN TACKLES, 154, or 13 more than the next guy!!

    Also, Harris only had 2 really good games (the 24 tackle one and 17 the week before that). Besides those he only reached double digit tackles in 2 other games, where as Willis reached double digit tackles in 10 GAMES. Willis had 18 or more tackles in 3 GAMES!!

    Also, Willis was told to be Adrian Peterson's shadow when they played the Vikings and Peterson got like 3 yards on 11 carries, he shut him down!

    To say for sure that Harris is better than Willis is lunacy. I believe Willis is the best young LB in the game. Harris isn't even the second best young LB in the game, thats DeMarco Ryans...

    How is he better physically? Isn't that opinion, not fact?
    Harris is 6-2, 240
    Willis is 6-1 242
    I didnt know 1 inch or 2 pounds made a difference?

    Harris would have lead the league in tackles if he started from day 1. He averaged just over 11 tackles a game IN WHICH HE STARTED, which would give him 181 over 16 games. Willis averaged only 10.8 a game.

    Yeah he shut Peterson down, but Chester Taylor ran for 101 yards on 8 carries..hmmmmmmmm

    For the second best young LB in the game I would guess you'd at least know his name? you mean DeMeco Ryans? Nice work..

    Just because YOU believe Willis is the best young lb in the game doesnt mean that its "lunacy" for me to believe Harris is..Theres valid numbers to support my arguement..its not like I pulled this out of my ***. We'll see this year who puts up better numbers when both players play 16 games..

    The Hawk Will Never Die

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York City-Queens
    Posts
    508
    vCash
    1500
    Eliii errr....Peyton Manning a QB is needed =]

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,712
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by younggunn113 View Post
    How is he better physically? Isn't that opinion, not fact?
    Harris is 6-2, 240
    Willis is 6-1 242
    I didnt know 1 inch or 2 pounds made a difference?

    Harris would have lead the league in tackles if he started from day 1. He averaged just over 11 tackles a game IN WHICH HE STARTED, which would give him 181 over 16 games. Willis averaged only 10.8 a game.

    Yeah he shut Peterson down, but Chester Taylor ran for 101 yards on 8 carries..hmmmmmmmm

    For the second best young LB in the game I would guess you'd at least know his name? you mean DeMeco Ryans? Nice work..

    Just because YOU believe Willis is the best young lb in the game doesnt mean that its "lunacy" for me to believe Harris is..Theres valid numbers to support my arguement..its not like I pulled this out of my ***. We'll see this year who puts up better numbers when both players play 16 games..
    Harris:
    4.59 40 yard dash
    33 Inch Vertical jump
    23 Bench press repetitions
    7.25 3 cone drill
    4.29 20 yard shuttle
    8-foot-11 Broad jump


    Willis:
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.51
    Vertical Jump: 39
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
    3-Cone Drill: 7.23
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.46
    Broad Jump: 09'11"

    Everything except the 20 Yard Shuttle and one rep on the Bench Willis is better at. I'd say that is physically better.


    How do you know? There is NO WAY you could know he would have kept up that production while still KEEPING the same production.

    That is an awful example from both ends, 11 men played them. It wasn't AP vs. Willis and AP vs. Taylor.




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    301
    vCash
    1500
    Osi baby!!
    or Demarcus

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    302
    vCash
    1500
    Start with young stud QBs, Roethlisberger or E.Manning.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    459
    vCash
    1500
    AP, LT, Brady, Manning

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Harris:
    4.59 40 yard dash
    33 Inch Vertical jump
    23 Bench press repetitions
    7.25 3 cone drill
    4.29 20 yard shuttle
    8-foot-11 Broad jump


    Willis:
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.51
    Vertical Jump: 39
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
    3-Cone Drill: 7.23
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.46
    Broad Jump: 09'11"

    Everything except the 20 Yard Shuttle and one rep on the Bench Willis is better at. I'd say that is physically better.


    How do you know? There is NO WAY you could know he would have kept up that production while still KEEPING the same production.

    That is an awful example from both ends, 11 men played them. It wasn't AP vs. Willis and AP vs. Taylor.
    Might I add Harris has a faster 20 yard dash and the same 10 yard dash as Willis? You can talk about the 40 yard dash all you want, but how often do LBs really run 40 yards? Ill take the 20 yard time as being more important.

    Just cause youre faster and can jump higher doesnt mean youre better though, and everything is way to close to make it seem like it would make any kind of difference. Theres a difference between running speed and game speed...Everyone has the biggest boners over Willis. Im not saying hes bad by any means, I think he is a fantastic player and will be for the next decade. I just want to show people that he's not head and shoulders over other LBs his age and he does have competition.

    Theres also NO WAY you can say Harris wouldnt keep up his production. Thats why i worked with the numbers that were given. Those averages I came up with are FACT. You can't argue fact. So lets look at it this way then...

    SINCE HARRIS BECAME A STARTER (9 Games) :
    Harris- 102 Tackles 5 Sacks
    Willis- 101 Tackles 4 Sacks

    You can't argue those numbers, those are, again, fact. So then I can say David Harris was the best rookie LB for the last 9 games of last season.

    I agree with your last point about it being 11 v 11 but it was stated that Willis single handily shut down AP. I was just proving a point.

    The Hawk Will Never Die

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    574
    vCash
    1500
    DeMarcus Ware

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    11,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Big Ben. He is young, a stud and knows how to win. Only thing keeping me from not choosing Brady and Manning is a 7 year age difference.
    Wow, I was going to pick Big Ben. Already the 3rd best QB in the league, and will improve.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •