Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Best DBs in the NFL?

Which team in your opinion has the best set of DBs in the NFL? To me, it's no question the Eagles, sure I'm bias but it's hard to argue against Asante Samuel, Lito Sheppard, and Sheldon Brown. Joselio Hanson is amazing DB for the 4 spot. Sheldon And Joselio covering slot receivers, those 2 could be some of the best slot DBs in the league.

vCash
    I'll take the Cowboys. Newman, Pacman, and Hamlin are all great. Although they do have Roy Williams who is a very big liability. If Pacman can stay out of trouble, which I think he has a possibility of doing, then he is going to be great for Dallas. People forget this guy was an elite CB/PR/KR for Tennessee before he ran into trouble with the law.
    Last edited by NYMetros; 07-30-2008 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Harris and woodson of the packers. both great at jamming and have more than proven that they can match up against any reciever..there only downfall is that they are both 33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I'll take the Cowboys. Newman, Pacman, and Hamlin are all great in coverage. Although they do have Roy Williams who is a very big liability. If Pacman can stay out of trouble, which I think he has a possibility of doing, then he is going to be great for Dallas. People forget this guy was an elite CB/PR/KR for Tennessee before he ran into trouble with the law.
    Hamlin is not by any means good in coverage, he is however really good at nailing someone crossing over the middle, he goes for hard hits not tackles.

vCash
    All the Teams you guys named are very good, but we are talking about Lito, or sheldon being the eagles #3 CB here, that is just sick. Asante and one of them as the 2 starters, and the other as the slot CB. If you include the nickel corner in this (whoever is the birds #3) i dont think there is much to argue, that the eagles are best. I see no team that has that many very good CB's. Dawkins is old, however still very effective, and Quentin Michael is prolly are weakest link, but he played very well last year when he took over for Sean ( i cant make a tackle) Considine. But the simple fact that the eagles #3 DB, could start for most teams in the league easily is saying alot. I understand Madden is just a game, and many dont like when we throw things from that game out there but they are the only team in the game who's worst DB out of their top 3 is a 91.

vCash
    If Pacman can stay healthy and perform as expected, there is no doubt in my mind that the Cowboys will have the defensive back set in the league.

Thank you BostonRichie for this wonderful sig!

vCash
    I think it would be fair to say the Cowboys have the bright future but there's nothing definate about it. The Cowboys, Eagles, Raiders all have good DB's on paper but none have yet played together. We have seen the packers and they seem to be really good. The only thing against them is time because they aren't getting any younger. The funny thing is a while back the Broncos where SUPPOSED to be the best. What happened to that?

vCash
    it doesnt matter how good your cbs are if u cant cover deep with safeties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    it doesnt matter how good your cbs are if u cant cover deep with safeties
    I agree. If you don't have protection for the deep ball, your corners are screwed. You can have the best and the fastest and the strongest corners to ever exist, but if they're a second too slow and the receiver gets by you, there isn't a chance in the world your are going to recover. It takes more than 2 guys to have a good secondary. It's getting pretty sickening reading all these homer fests fighting over the best DB's and secondaries and the only teams being mentioned are the Cowboys, Raiders, and Eagles. Jesus...

vCash
    The Cowboys and Eagles.

Eagles, due to homerism

vCash
    does anybody remember what a run is?

vCash
    Eagles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    does anybody remember what a run is?
    Yes.

Remind me how that's relevant again?

OFFICIAL PETER JOHN RAMOS THREAD
    Thanks for 11 great years, Donovan. You will forever be a legend.
    Michael Lee: "If Donovan McNabb is really coming to D.C. He might want to re-think wearing No. 5 - Heath Shuler, Juwan Howard & Kwame Brown. Nuff said."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    I agree. If you don't have protection for the deep ball, your corners are screwed. You can have the best and the fastest and the strongest corners to ever exist, but if they're a second too slow and the receiver gets by you, there isn't a chance in the world your are going to recover. It takes more than 2 guys to have a good secondary. It's getting pretty sickening reading all these homer fests fighting over the best DB's and secondaries and the only teams being mentioned are the Cowboys, Raiders, and Eagles. Jesus...
    it's because those in question refuse to look at or even acknowledge any stats that all prove them wrong and refuse to acknowledge the real top 5 secondaries based on production not homerism or popularity.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendil View Post
    it's because those in question refuse to look at or even acknowledge any stats that all prove them wrong and refuse to acknowledge the real top 5 secondaries based on production not homerism or popularity.......
    The Colts and Charger both had much better secondaries. Statistically, the Chargers had the best cornerback duo last year and both returned for another year. Why aren't either of them the best? Having 2 good corners means jackshit. Hell, the Cowboys have two safeties that are horrible in coverage and get burnt all the time. The Eagles have a feud within the ranks. The Raiders corners haven't even play together yet and they are automatically the best since sliced bread? Give me a break. Hall is so overrated and has one of the biggest "it's all about me" attitudes. The second he gets criticized by the media, fans, and coaching staff in Oakland he's going to whine and ***** like he did in Atlanta. I'll go with the Colts and Chargers and the best cornerbacks/secondaries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast