Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Obama Doesnt Visit Landstuhl

I have a real problem with him not going there and visiting the wounded soldiers. I think Lt. Col. Joe Reypya said it best

"The most solemn duty of a commander in chief is to fulfill his responsibility to the men and women who serve this country in uniform. Barack Obama ... broke that commitment, instead flitting from one European capital to the next"

Now matter how you wanna put it he did it because they would not allow reporters in, not because of the reasons he stated.

This is why the soldiers do not like him, no matter whether you are for or against the waryou need to show respect to these wounded warriors or they will have absolutely no respect for you.

vCash
    What a manufactured non-issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    were you in the military huh???

Thats y

and it is an issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    were you in the military huh???

Thats y

and it is an issue
    As a matter of fact, yes, I did work for the military and was good friends with the resident doctor and two of the commanding officers of an American base in Germany. I've posted about that before in other threads.
    Last edited by ink; 07-29-2008 at 12:44 AM.

vCash
    McCain's using the Clinton-kitchen-sink-approach to campaigning these days.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    McCain's using the Clinton-kitchen-sink-approach to campaigning these days.
    Exactly! And the John Kerry, day-to-day reaction mode. And we all know how well John Kerry did when he got stuck in that rut, constantly trying to denigrate what his opponent did or didn't do.

vCash
    Exactly! And the John Kerry, day-to-day reaction mode. And we all know how well John Kerry did when he got stuck in that rut, constantly trying to denigrate what his opponent did or didn't do.
    Yup. It's amazing that politicians still haven't realized that at the national level you can't win simply by "not being the other guy."

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Yup. It's amazing that politicians still haven't realized that at the national level you can't win simply by "not being the other guy."
    Isn't that how the democrats took back the congress? Granted that's state by state.....but still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Isn't that how the democrats took back the congress? Granted that's state by state.....but still.
    Yeah but it seems to work in state races. I think it has to do with the lack of coverage. In a local race, chances are the average voter has barely heard of any of the candidates. And in that case, going negative seems to work better by getting people to want to vote against the outed-sleazeball.

vCash
    From factcheck.org

ink is right. It's an issue that's a non-issue. But, I'm sure it will be spun. The McCain camp is just looking to spin all the goodwill that Obama is receiving from his oversea's trip.

It won't stick -- the people that will believe it are the people that have made up their minds already.

A new McCain ad says Obama "made time to go to the gym, but canceled a visit with wounded troops. Seems the Pentagon wouldn't allow him to bring cameras."

McCain's facts are literally true, but his insinuation that the visit was canceled because of the press ban or the desire for gym time is false. In fact, Obama visited wounded troops earlier without cameras or press both in the U.S. and Iraq. And his gym workouts are a daily routine.

The Obama campaign canceled the visit with wounded troops at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, Obama says, when he learned that the Pentagon would not allow him to bring along a retired Air Force major general who is serving as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign. Obama says that "triggered then a concern that maybe our visit was going to be perceived as political."

The military's stated policy is to avoid "[a]ny activity that may be reasonably viewed as directly or indirectly associating the [Department of Defense] with a partisan political activity." Members of Congress are allowed to be photographed with the troops and appear with them while serving as public officials, but not as political candidates.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ed_troops.html
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    did you really just say that ari??????

obama is ONLY even in this election because he is the "other guy" ...that is, he isnt bush

and people view mccain and bush as the same... not all, but A LOT of people are just fed up with the bush white house and will vote democrat..

if this was 1992 1996 or 2000... a black senator with 143 days senate experience before announcing his candidacy wouldn't even get on the news, much less be favored to win the white house 8 months before the election...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    did you really just say that ari??????

obama is ONLY even in this election because he is the "other guy" ...that is, he isnt bush

and people view mccain and bush as the same... not all, but A LOT of people are just fed up with the bush white house and will vote democrat..

if this was 1992 1996 or 2000... a black senator with 143 days senate experience before announcing his candidacy wouldn't even get on the news, much less be favored to win the white house 8 months before the election...

well put

and this might not be an issue to the average voter but it is to current military service men and woman, and veterans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaBeastley View Post
    well put

and this might not be an issue to the average voter but it is to current military service men and woman, and veterans
    I'm not even sure that's correct. And I trust that military people are just as capable as us to do some fact checking as SmthBluCitrus did above when she linked to this - http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ed_troops.html . Give them some credit. They're not just going to blindly follow the McCain camp's attempts to spin a non-issue. And if they are, like ari said, they've probably already decided not to vote for Obama. It really is a non-issue, and the military people I've ever had the good fortune to know would not be fooled by the spin that's being applied to this. McCain's being petty and unfactual.

Infiltrating Hippie Southwestern Command Center
    vCash
    I'm not even sure that's correct. And I trust that military people are just as capable as us to do some fact checking as SmthBluCitrus did above when she linked to this - http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ed_troops.html . Give them some credit. They're not just going to blindly follow the McCain camp's attempts to spin a non-issue. And if they are, like ari said, they've probably already decided not to vote for Obama. It really is a non-issue, and the military people I've ever had the good fortune to know would not be fooled by the spin that's being applied to this. McCain's being petty and unfactual.
    i am a recently discharged disabled vet and it is a issue to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Fluty View Post
    i am a recently discharged disabled vet and it is a issue to me...
    And in fairness, you realize that he did visit soldiers in another location on the same trip but there were actually legitimate reasons for him not to visit Landstuhl? It's clearly laid out here - http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ed_troops.html . Would you vote for Obama anyway? Probably not, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast