Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityFlyer View Post
    Kennedy-hughes = 4-5

at best 3-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    Yeah Hughes' potential is a #3 starter Is that ****in' joke?
    have you ever actually watched him pitch besides this year? I saw him in the minors and majors. I love my yanks but this kid was very hyped. Kennedy far too much as well.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Ian Kennedy is one of the most overhyped prospects I have seen in a while. Joba deserved the hype, and Hughes most of it, but not Kennedy.

Salty for Hughes is more likely and fair IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    have you ever actually watched him pitch besides this year? I saw him in the minors and majors. I love my yanks but this kid was very hyped. Kennedy far too much as well.
    Yeah I've seen him live regularly since he was in AA. Hughes has all the stuff to be an ace....calling him a #3 pitcher is just dumb.

vCash
    So I guess when people say Hughes is going to be nothing more than a #3, I should believe them instead of places like BaseballAmerica and BaseballProspectus who project him to be a #1 ace. It's a good thing you guys are around.

vCash
    salty for bowden

bowdens stock is way high right now

but i dunno he could actually be very good i am just still skeptical of him
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Texas wont deal Salty for Bowden or Kennedy...

People forget that Salty is just 23, has had a groin injury all year and yet his OBP is still .100 above his BA. The kid can hit, he just needs time.

What should be happening is that he should be back in AAA, but Texas has more C's than they know what to do with.

If i ws goign to make a guess, Salty to the Marlins or a keypeice in a larger deal for well klnown pitcher.

On Kennedy, he would get killed in Texas. GBrate is 42% or a Gb/Fb of .72...To many fly balls to survive in Texas. As far as Bowden he would be even worse in Texas becaue he relies on the flyball even more than Kennedy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laxtonto View Post
    Texas wont deal Salty for Bowden or Kennedy...

People forget that Salty is just 23, has had a groin injury all year and yet his OBP is still .100 above his BA. The kid can hit, he just needs time.

What should be happening is that he should be back in AAA, but Texas has more C's than they know what to do with.

If i ws goign to make a guess, Salty to the Marlins or a keypeice in a larger deal for well klnown pitcher.

On Kennedy, he would get killed in Texas. GBrate is 42% or a Gb/Fb of .72...To many fly balls to survive in Texas. As far as Bowden he would be even worse in Texas becaue he relies on the flyball even more than Kennedy...
    I'm not saying that Texas would ever do Kenedy for Salty, but your logic is that Salty's numbers aren't good because he needs time to develop, but you use Kennedy's big league numbers which are bad so far to judge him? Kennedy isn't exactly at his peak right now either.

vCash
    Actually those are Kenedy's numbers from the minors, his MLB #'s are much much worse.

Kennedy is a fly ball pitcher, that just wont work in Texas. The entire orginizational philosphy has shifted away from that. There is a reason that Texas leads the league in GB outs and DP and last in the bottom of the league in k per 9 and FB putouts. Kennedy will have a decent career somewhere but it wont be in a park like Tex or Cinci or Phil, its going to be in a place like NY or Sea or SD.

Pitch to your strengths, I am fine with that, but also try to remeber that orginizations do that too. They build staff to fit thier ball parks.

My logic is that Salty has value just from the fact that he is younger than both players mentioned in Bowden and Kennedy, yet still has the gigantic splits between Avg and OBP that leads to the belief that he has the hardest skill to acquire, pitch recognition. Will he become an All-Star caliber C, who can say, but he has shown that he has atleast 1 major league ready attribute at a time when everyone realizes he should still be in AAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    salty for bowden

bowdens stock is way high right now

but i dunno he could actually be very good i am just still skeptical of him
    Yea thats pretty close to what I assumed would happen. I almost think Theo could do something like Buchholz for Teagarden or something.

vCash
    na buchholz for teargarden would not happen, teagarden is not very good imo he is really struggling this year and is getting a bit on the older side for prospects

vCash
    na buchholz for teargarden would not happen, teagarden is not very good imo he is really struggling this year and is getting a bit on the older side for prospects
    Yeah and Buccholz is lights out

vCash
    The upside of Buchholz is considerably greater than that of Teagarden's.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    so much different here buchholz dominated AAA and the minors has had ups and downs in the majors and just turned 24 like 2 days ago

teagarden struggling in AAA and wil be 25 soon

and was their really a point in baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C1Bman88 View Post
    The upside of Buchholz is considerably greater than that of Teagarden's.
    No argument there.

so much different here buchholz dominated AAA and the minors has had ups and downs in the majors and just turned 24 like 2 days ago

teagarden struggling in AAA and wil be 25 soon

and was their really a point in baiting
    Are you serious? Baiting? You said Teagarden was struggling this year all I pointed out that the other player named in this discussion was struggling as well. Don't think that just because I'm a Yankee fan, every time I bring up a Red Sox player it's baiting. So Buccholz had 9 good starts after getting the **** kicked out of him this year in the bigs...9 starts...big difference? I don't think so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast