Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    No argument there.

Are you serious? Baiting? You said Teagarden was struggling this year all I pointed out that the other player named in this discussion was struggling as well. Don't think that just because I'm a Yankee fan, every time I bring up a Red Sox player it's baiting. So Buccholz had 9 good starts after getting the **** kicked out of him this year in the bigs...9 starts...big difference? I don't think so.
    what the hell r u talking about teagarden has struggled in AAA and is older than buchholz. Buchholz has dominated the minors and has had very mixed results in the majors. Buchholz clearly has much more trade value and upside than teagarden
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    what the hell r u talking about teagarden has struggled in AAA and is older than buchholz. Buchholz has dominated the minors and has had very mixed results in the majors. Buchholz clearly has much more trade value and upside than teagarden
    I'm not arguing that he has more value, but you can't say Buccholz is having such a great year when really, he has regressed. He has 9 starts in AAA, that's a very small sample size...

vCash
    when did i ever say buchholz is having a great year, all i said was that he dominated in AAA.

he didnt need more than 9 starts to prove that he was past the level of competing with AAA hitters.

Now he will most likely do it again

I wouldnt say he regressed because that wouldnt make any sense, he wasnt in the majors last year, there really wasnt anything to regress from. He tried being in the majors it didnt work, they will probably let him finish in the minors bring him back up. By next season he we should see him with an ERA around 4.00-4.80. Then when he is 25 in 2010 he should be on his way. Lester struggles his 1st 2 seasons, but look at him now. You cant say someone has regressed from something they have never done before.

he has the stuff and talent, he doesnt have the consistency with his stuff right now which is really the difference
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    when did i ever say buchholz is having a great year, all i said was that he dominated in AAA.

he didnt need more than 9 starts to prove that he was past the level of competing with AAA hitters.

Now he will most likely do it again

I wouldnt say he regressed because that wouldnt make any sense, he wasnt in the majors last year, there really wasnt anything to regress from. He tried being in the majors it didnt work, they will probably let him finish in the minors bring him back up. By next season he we should see him with an ERA around 4.00-4.80. Then when he is 25 in 2010 he should be on his way. Lester struggles his 1st 2 seasons, but look at him now. You cant say someone has regressed from something they have never done before.

he has the stuff and talent, he doesnt have the consistency with his stuff right now which is really the difference
    So you wouldn't trade Buchholz for Teagarden? Hmmm.. Maybe I'm wrong but even though hes 25 he has a minor league career .900 OPS. Teagarden is no bum by any means. He has great discipline, great power, and is a great defensive catcher too. I just think if im boston, I have a slew of youn pitchers, and money, that I could potentially shore up the long term C position.

vCash
    Trading Buchholz for Teagarden would be ridiculous. Bucholtz is a potential number 1 starter.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Kennedy for Salty, there's the laugh of the day. Good luck on that one.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Salty is better than Joba now that he has problems

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championmets View Post
    Salty is better than Joba now that he has problems
    HAHAHA ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?!? Salty is better than Joba?!?!? I hope this was a joke and your not serious. Have you seen Joba pitch? He is going to be the Yankees ace for the next decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeterfrea View Post
    HAHAHA ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?!? Salty is better than Joba?!?!? I hope this was a joke and your not serious. Have you seen Joba pitch? He is going to be the Yankees ace for the next decade.
    He better show he can start for the whole season first. IMO, I think the Yankees would be best served making Joba Chamberlain Mariano's replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeterfrea View Post
    It all depends on his health, IMO.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123