Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kennedy for Salty

I just read on mlbtr that theres a chance the Rangers move either Laird or Salty. Anyone think the Yanks should try and aquire Salty? If they had Salty they would have a catcher for this season and the future and they could move Montero to 1B. This would be good now that Posada's done for the year. I think Kennedy and Gardner or Jackson might get the deal done. Thoughts?

vCash
    Well, the Yanks definitely won't trade Kennedy AND Jackson.

Kennedy and Gardner they might do but Texas really doesn't seem to need any outfielders.

I also don't know if the Yankees would trade Kennedy this year seeing as they probably see him as helping more than Ponson or Rasner eventually.

vCash
    Saltalammachia's worth much, much more than a back of the rotation starter.
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    I simply would not move Kennedy for Salty. I'd center a deal around Aceves and a bunch of bullpen arms which I know Texas is probably desperate for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureYank2345 View Post
    I just read on mlbtr that theres a chance the Rangers move either Laird or Salty. Anyone think the Yanks should try and aquire Salty? If they had Salty they would have a catcher for this season and the future and they could move Montero to 1B. This would be good now that Posada's done for the year. I think Kennedy and Gardner or Jackson might get the deal done. Thoughts?
    Kennedy and Jackson for a struggling Salty? I think if Kennedy didn't **** up so bad this year and kill his trade value, him along with another small piece could probably land Salty.

vCash
    Salty's value had dropped mightly since being traded to the Rangers. Even though Ian Kennedy is not having a good year he could be and there is alot of chance that he will be a solid number 2 starter. Right now as a Yankee fan apporaching the deadline i would probably go after Rod Barajas of the Blue Jays and Jarrod Washburn even though talks have cooled down(i wouldnt trade 4 washburn if the mariners want a high level prospect) So i hope the yankees will not trade Ian Kennedy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C1Bman88 View Post
    Saltalammachia's worth much, much more than a back of the rotation starter.
    Salty's value has dropped some but not as much as Kennedy's so I would have to agree here. I never quite understood what everyone's obsession with Salty is though, hes a good prospect but hasn't proven much besides that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I want 27 A-rod View Post
    Salty's value had dropped mightly since being traded to the Rangers. Even though Ian Kennedy is not having a good year he could be and there is alot of chance that he will be a solid number 2 starter. Right now as a Yankee fan apporaching the deadline i would probably go after Rod Barajas of the Blue Jays and Jarrod Washburn even though talks have cooled down(i wouldnt trade 4 washburn if the mariners want a high level prospect) So i hope the yankees will not trade Ian Kennedy
    Yankee propaganda. . .
    My blog- analysis of the San Francisco Giants, Baseball, and Sabermetrics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C1Bman88 View Post
    Yankee propaganda. . .
    Yeah, nobody but him even thinks he'll be a number two in the Yankee forum.

vCash
    salty >>> hughes let alone kennedy
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    salty >>> hughes let alone kennedy
    Right...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joba Rules!! View Post
    Right...
    catchers with his potentials dont grow on trees, look how many elite catchers there are out there you can count them on your fingers. Number 3 type starters? you have dozens floating around.
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    catchers with his potentials dont grow on trees, look how many elite catchers there are out there you can count them on your fingers. Number 3 type starters? you have dozens floating around.
    Yeah Hughes' potential is a #3 starter Is that ****in' joke?

vCash
    Kennedy-hughes = 4-5

at best 3-4

vCash
    Based on your genius opinion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast